Metal Storm logo
The Ruins Of Beverast

10.12.2007 - 19:48
Southern Wind
Account deleted
The Ruins Of Beverast are one of the most interesting spawns of the German black metal scene. They play a very cold and atmospheric black, harsh as fuck by times and with long, blood-chilling songs, with a slow-paced rhythm that really embraces the listener. They also have great, obscure lyrics. Highly recommended, especially their second album "Rain Upon The Impure".

http://www.myspace.com/theruinsofbeverastfanpage
10.12.2007 - 20:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yes, great stuff. The German scene has some jewels, such as this band but also Nagelfar. (a pearl, especially the second album). Can you recommend me some other German BM?

From the albums of The Ruins Of Beverast I actually prefer the first, Unlock The Shrine. It has one song, Between Bronze Walls, which intro almost made me shit my pants the first time I heard it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.12.2007 - 20:58
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Had you listened to the split with Urfasut the came this year??? I'm dying for getting that shit....

About the German BM scene, I'm not its biggest admirer but it has indeed some jewels... I ahd been pretty obsessed by Nyktalgia and Wedard lately.
10.12.2007 - 21:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Checking those out then.

And no, I've only seen that split on MA but thought it was just a rumour, since nobody else knew anything about it. Have you heard it or do you just want to hear it?
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.12.2007 - 21:05
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Just want to hear it, since both are probably my favourite new black metal bands
10.12.2007 - 21:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I never had hear them but I will try them sounds interesting
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.12.2007 - 21:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I'm pretty anxious to hear the third album (if there will be a third). The change in styles from the first to the second album wasn't a fortunate one for me, but since I think Alexander will keep on experimenting that doesn't say anything about a third release.
----

18.12.2007 - 20:50
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 15.12.2007 at 21:07

I'm pretty anxious to hear the third album (if there will be a third). The change in styles from the first to the second album wasn't a fortunate one for me, but since I think Alexander will keep on experimenting that doesn't say anything about a third release.

What's exactly what you didn't like in Rain Upon The Impure??? I personally loved its cold, narcotic feeling and extreme slowlyness and density. It's true that it's a kind of experimental one, I even noted some industrial and doom elements there, but those changes were certainly for the better under my point of view.
18.12.2007 - 21:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 18.12.2007 at 20:50

Written by Lucas on 15.12.2007 at 21:07

What's exactly what you didn't like in Rain Upon The Impure??? I personally loved its cold, narcotic feeling and extreme slowlyness and density. It's true that it's a kind of experimental one, I even noted some industrial and doom elements there, but those changes were certainly for the better under my point of view.

For starters, the riffing wasn't nearly as pulsating and bloodpumping as on Unlock.. And I thought the vocals weren't that great. And, though this is very vague, it didn't have as much "awesome moments" as Unlock.. had. (the male choirs on Rain.. are really outstanding though)
----

29.12.2007 - 08:17
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
i couldn't get into unlock the shrine (yet?), but rain upon the impure is magnificent. right now it's my fav. german black metal release with nyktalgia's s/t album.
07.04.2008 - 07:34
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'm currently listening to their song "Euphoria When the Bombs Fell" and am enjoying it somewhat. It provides a similar, but superior, sound to a lot of contemporary Black Metal bands. I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the debut or not. I'll check out this band a bit more and make a decision. For some reason I am really drawn to the name, and the story behind it. It's understandable noting my love of Norse religion and culture.
----
The force will be with you, always.
07.04.2008 - 11:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Those are exactly the words I was looking for: similar but superior! In my opinion that's exactly what this is about, nothing new or groundbreaking, but just so incredibly good in it's execution.

And Mr. Wyatt, you should buy that album no doubt. "Euphoria When The Bombs Fell" is not even the best song on that album, though it alone makes the album worth purchasing. (Same goes for Between Bronze Walls & The Clockhand's Groaning Circles)
----

08.04.2008 - 01:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm I've only heard Unlock the Shrine, which I like, but I haven't checked out their split or Rain Upon the Impure. Maybe I'll download them tonight...

Summer Decapitation Ritual might be my favorite song from Unlock the Shrine.
08.04.2008 - 03:24
Stigmatized
I agree with pyro. Summer Decapitation Ritual is mindblowing. Unlock the Shrine is a pretty good album, though only a couple songs really stand out. I haven't heard anything else.
30.08.2009 - 12:35
Meep
Account deleted
It's odd that I haven't commented on this thread, maybe I did on the old one before the cleanup. Anyway, obviously one of the best bands in existence today yadayada, but there's a new song out from the new album but the link appears to have changed. Shame.

Interestingly, concerning Rain Upon the Impure, Alex didn't intend the production to sound the way it did. Interview here: http://www.thelefthandpath.com/lefthandpath/index.cfm/event/read/entry/Interview_The_Ruins_of_Beverast

"But nevertheless, I am not really satisfied with the sound. That is mainly because some essential details are truly 'pressed down' by the weight of the sound, the guitars are not present and dominant enough and the sound of the snare drum is bad. There's a simple reason for this, because I finished the editing and mixing too straight, without owing myself a break of a few weeks just to revalue it. I couldn't get any distance between me and the recordings, just worked on for weeks and weeks and at the end, I was exhausted and just wanted to finally finish it. I will change the procedure for future works to make sure this will not happen again."

I'm glad he feels this way because I felt the production let it down immeasurably.

Oh wait, here's the new sample: http://www.myspace.com/vanrecords
31.08.2009 - 12:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Thanks a lot for the info, Meep. New song is once again something different but it sounds good. It's a shame I have a social event tonight I have to attend, otherwise I'd spin me some Ruins. Uhh wait, scratch that. There will be girls.
----

31.08.2009 - 14:41
Smurfophagist

Great band. the entire german scene is fuckin' awesome. Brocken Moon, Walknut and the almighty Aaskereia... black metal lives!
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
03.09.2009 - 20:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Pre-ordered the new album, "Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite", hell yeah!
----

12.09.2009 - 20:49
Meep
Account deleted
New album is out. That is all.
12.09.2009 - 20:50
Meep
Account deleted
Written by Smurfophagist on 31.08.2009 at 14:41

Great band. the entire german scene is fuckin' awesome. Brocken Moon, Walknut and the almighty Aaskereia... black metal lives!

Don't hear Aaskereia mentioned much. Shame coz they're a bit of a gem.
13.09.2009 - 23:09
Sunioj

Walknut is Russian Cant wait to hear the new album as well..
14.09.2009 - 23:17
Smurfophagist

Written by Sunioj on 13.09.2009 at 23:09

Walknut is Russian Cant wait to hear the new album as well..

whoa, my bad
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
26.03.2010 - 23:00
The Turbanator

Written by Lucas on 10.12.2007 at 20:56

Yes, great stuff. The German scene has some jewels, such as this band but also Nagelfar. (a pearl, especially the second album). Can you recommend me some other German BM?

I'm a big fan of German black metal and these bands below are absolutely recommended :

Agrypnie
Nocte Obducta
Helrunar
Aaskereia
Black Autumn
Falkenbach
Geïst
Nyktalgia
Sterbend
Trist
Verdunkeln
Vinterriket
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
01.01.2011 - 23:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Anybody with any news on The Ruins?
----

02.01.2011 - 01:42
ß
Problem?
No recent news which is to be expected.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
02.01.2011 - 02:05
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I will say without a shadow of a doubt that "Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite" is one of the best album I've ever listened to in my life, and this was after I listened to the previous two albums.
02.01.2011 - 02:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I actually haven't listened to that one all that much since I got past the release honeymoon period listens. It's quite a demanding album and it's certainly great but I think I secretly long for the Unlock The Shrine days.
02.01.2011 - 12:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Me too. I love all three albums, but Unlock The Shrine is definitely the best. The first three (real) songs are fucking perfect. Oh and the song title "The Clockhand's Groaning Circle" is perhaps one of the best song titles ever.
----

02.01.2011 - 16:18
KryptoN
imperceptible
"Rain Upon the Impure" is my favorite. The atmosphere and production is definitely among the best I've heard in black metal. I do like the strong death-doom side on the new album as well, but it feels just slightly disjointed as a whole. Still a very good album though. "Arcane Pharmakon Messiah" might even be my favorite death-doom song.
02.01.2011 - 22:02
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Ah was really into this band a few years back but lost touch with them recently. Must give them a spin once more. Have only Unlock the Shrine though.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger