Metal Storm logo
Akitsa

11.12.2007 - 19:52
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Akitsa is an outstanding one man band from Canada, in my opinion the best band from that country.

He plays raw black metal with a slight oi! influence, especially on his earlier stuff, and the music sounds extremely angry and blood-chilling.

I know there are some people in this forum that really like this band but they are generally criminally overlooked.

My favourite album is the last one, La Grande Infamie

http://www.myspace.com/akitsaofficial
11.12.2007 - 20:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know some songs from band, tahy sings in french IMO its originialty of Canadian BM
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.12.2007 - 20:31
Damnated
Churchburner
it actually doesn't stand out from the other 6 million other worthless generic black metal bands. and it's boring too.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.12.2007 - 08:09
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I totally worship this band , along with the other Canadian Black metal bands like Blasphemy and Conqueror they have their unique style and they really really amaze their fan with their every new album. I like all the Akitsa stuff but my favorite is 'Goétie' , its amazing shocking .... repeated riffs with dirty lo fi black metal stuff. Thats what really makes this album s00per. My second best album is La Grande Infamie followed by Satanic warmaster split. The very first EP of the band 'Totale Servitude' is awesome as well. Oh i like every stuff they release.
I worship this band and i am waiting for the new release.

For me Akitsa is the shit , i am in love with Akitsa
12.12.2007 - 09:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Damnated on 11.12.2007 at 20:31

it actually doesn't stand out from the other 6 million other worthless generic black metal bands. and it's boring too.

exactly my opinion. Totally worthless band IMO
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2008 - 20:35
MathC
Account deleted
Seeing them live this wednesday along with Peste Noire and Sombres Forêts.

Akitsa is really good stuff. Pretty unique too. Soleil Noir would be my favourite release from them.
12.08.2008 - 13:02
TheBigRossowski

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.12.2007 at 09:47

Written by Damnated on 11.12.2007 at 20:31

exactly my opinion. Totally worthless band IMO

Is it allowed for me to triple agree with that, lol. Now it is.....

This band isn't interesting at all. Its been around for some time and still has shit for music. Its okay to grow OUT a bit. Thanks for bringing something new to the table though!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
12.08.2008 - 21:47
thesabbathfan

nothing to special about them.

but...... music.... in...... F..FR....FRREE......FREEEEEEEENCH?!

imho french is the worst language for ANY music to be in.
----
12.08.2008 - 22:00
TheBigRossowski

Written by thesabbathfan on 12.08.2008 at 21:47

Guess you're probably not part of the French speaking Canadian region...or something..haha.

Haven't listened to Elend have you? Neo Classical French and it sounds GREAT.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
12.08.2008 - 22:11
MathC
Account deleted
Some of the best black metal bands are actually french, dude.
13.08.2008 - 00:00
Damnated
Churchburner

I SEEEEEEE YOUR POINT!!!!eleven
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.08.2008 - 00:08
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I don't know what the rest of you are listening to but this sounds great to me and they have their own style (Though their influences are obvious).

Name some of these numerous bands that they're unrecognizable from.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
13.08.2008 - 02:25
thesabbathfan

Written by TheBigRossowski on 12.08.2008 at 22:00

Guess you're probably not part of the French speaking Canadian region...or something..haha.

Haven't listened to Elend have you? Neo Classical French and it sounds GREAT.

Nah, I'm from Western Canada, I only know a few people (all of them French descent too) who can speak French - even though in most schools it's a required course.
----
16.11.2008 - 18:43
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Akitsa fans should check Forteresse, a similar band who also base their concept in quebecoise nationalism. The influence of Akitsa is obvious, but they're worth for themselves... their new album is pretty outstanding, although its slowness works on me nerves by times.
15.05.2010 - 19:32
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
The new album is out and it's getting better and better after multiple listens. I've grown to become a true fanboy of this band, there is something really special here, maybe their punkish attitude, maybe the courage to go completely crazy (i.e. the song "Champ de Bataille" which is probably my favorite from them), I'm not sure. Actually, I don't think that the new one can top "Sang Nordique" or "Goétie" but that is for the time to show. "Loyauté" is my favorite song from the new one, probably because of its accessibility and melody but the other songs have also slowly revealed themselves.
I'm really interested in similar bands but I haven't found the worthy one yet, although Ancestors and Horrid Cross are also very cool. And I sometimes get the similar vibe from Urfaust (especially from "Drei Rituale...").
16.05.2010 - 12:16
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Given the fact that they are a Quebec band, I expected them to be quite good - that wasn't the case so much. There really isn't any thing unique or even good about these guys, even on their latest release which, I just listened to prior to posting this.

There are far better bands that hail from Quebec ie: Thesyre, Gris, Miserere Luminis (same guys from Gris), Monarque, Forteresse, Sombres Forêts, Sui Caedere and others.
16.05.2010 - 13:12
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Strange, I have listened to Thesyre, Gris, Monarque, Forteresse and Sombres Forets, but none of them has fascinated me that much. Akitsa with its strong punk and noise influence is far more superior IMO but that may be due to my overall tastes in music. And I totally disagree about them not being unique, I can't think of any similar bands. Some have compared it to Malveillance which is also an excellent band but I'm not so sure.
17.05.2010 - 13:29
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by John Barleycorn on 16.05.2010 at 13:12

Strange, I have listened to Thesyre, Gris, Monarque, Forteresse and Sombres Forets, but none of them has fascinated me that much. Akitsa with its strong punk and noise influence is far more superior IMO but that may be due to my overall tastes in music. And I totally disagree about them not being unique, I can't think of any similar bands. Some have compared it to Malveillance which is also an excellent band but I'm not so sure.

Eh, I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm not a big noise/ambient fan so, perhaps that's why I don't particularly care for Akitsa - though when I do listen to that style I prefer Lurker Of Chalice or Xasthur.