Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Extend Record Deal With EMI Records

British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden announced they have renewed and extended their historic 28-year recording relationship with EMI for the world excluding USA.

Rod Smallwood [co-manager of the band and co-founder of Sanctuary Records] commented: "We've had three tremendous decades working with EMI and have many friends there. Through many "regimes" EMI have always given us their full support and our relationship with their companies worldwide has always been excellent. We've got some great plans for 2008 and beyond, and I can't wait to get back on the road next year on a tour which appropriately celebrates the band's formative years. "

Tony Wadsworth [Chairman & CEO, EMI Music UK] added: "Since the early eighties Maiden has been a flagship band for EMI and we have enjoyed a fantastic long term relationship. Now that we can work with and support them in their broader music activities, our goal is to help build on the foundations already in place for an even more successful future."

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 11.12.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 7 users
11.12.2007 - 21:31
mankvill

Excluding USA wtf >=[
11.12.2007 - 21:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hail to Europe hail to Engfland, hail to alcohol, hail to West ham, hail to Steeve
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.12.2007 - 21:51
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by mankvill on 11.12.2007 at 21:31

Excluding USA wtf >=[

USA = Sony Music USA ;=]
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.12.2007 - 22:25
Monkey666

I want Blaze back....
11.12.2007 - 23:27
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Monkey666 on 11.12.2007 at 22:25

I want Blaze back....

Iron Maiden is nothing with Blaze. The magic isn't there. Sure, he is good, but X Factor and Virtual XI isn't Maiden at all >__< Bruce FTW m/
11.12.2007 - 23:33
Warman
Erotic Stains
I love Blaze, but of course Dickinson is their frontman. Although I'd fucking love a The X Factor/Virtual XI tour with Blaze!
----
12.12.2007 - 00:23
Stalker
Lone wanderer
This is good. Seems we dont have to worry about breaking up yet. It would be nice if they release some back- to-the roots album though, something like in late 80ies....
----
12.12.2007 - 00:59
duyhung
Account deleted
Great, up the Irons
12.12.2007 - 10:36
Monkey666

I dont like "real Maiden" ( its country for me ) so i love "Killers" and Blaze-era, with no sentiment to Dickinson-era.

Hits total: 4154 | This month: 5