Metal Storm logo
Runescape

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 12.12.2007 - 21:39
Runescape seems to be incredibly popular these days where im from. Does anyone play this at all?

Information
14.02.2010 - 15:32
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ellrohir on 14.02.2010 at 12:54

My total level on Runescape is 1516
My combat level is 87
I have 254 questpoints
I have level 99 woodcutting

You''ve grown 12 combat levels since December??! You cant be playing alone.. OR.. have u finally become a paying Member?
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
14.02.2010 - 18:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am member since October or so

it costs me about 5 crowns (0,2 euro) pro day, which is very fair price...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.02.2010 - 19:23
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Fuckin sell-out
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
14.02.2010 - 19:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...sorry i am not trve grim metal enough for you anymore
----

14.02.2010 - 23:31
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
You were gonna get my congrats and admiration by reaching 99lvl woodcutter being a simple member
----

----
15.02.2010 - 01:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It is true, that achieving wc experience on Ivys - you get 333 exp per cut and nothing gets into inventory except birds nests - isnt that hard...
----

15.02.2010 - 01:25
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Still, is a nice game of patience
----

----
15.02.2010 - 01:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well i was doing it "on background" - let my character woodcutting and doing something else...RS programmers doesnt like this, so you get forced logout, if you dont check back for longer period, but it works

now i am doing Fishing in this way...already have 85
----

15.02.2010 - 01:46
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ellrohir on 15.02.2010 at 01:32

Well i was doing it "on background" - let my character woodcutting and doing something else...RS programmers doesnt like this, so you get forced logout, if you dont check back for longer period, but it works

now i am doing Fishing in this way...already have 85

Oh yeah.. I remember trying to do this when I was playing, but it never worked for me. Well.. I tried back in 2005, now there should be some better ways.
----

----
17.02.2010 - 18:39
bandozes
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 15.01.2008 at 17:49

I tried playing it, but I hated the graphics. I got bored. Never been too fan of online games.

As my friend once said, it takes a real man to play a game with crappy graphics.. :
I love runescape.. D: 99 cooking, but there i find there isn't really anything interesting to do on there
17.02.2010 - 19:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Lol...there are soooo many things to do (at least in members worlds)...i usually dont know what to do first
----

17.02.2010 - 19:23
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
As non-member.. you can either play with some friends... or drown on the boredomness that is that world. Because the quests available for us can be finnished in few weeks.
----

----
17.02.2010 - 20:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Yes...when i finished all free quests and explored whole free world, then i had decision - resign to Runescape completely because of boredom or become member...i made the choice
----

17.02.2010 - 20:29
bandozes
Membership is nice and cheap, too. I've gotta start playing that game again.. i miss it and i've got lots of time to waste. quests maybe?
17.02.2010 - 21:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There are currently 163 quests...i think 31 are free
----

03.03.2010 - 09:25
Hylia
I need to become a member, leveling up gets sooo hard after a while. It took me forevar to get my mining to 70!
03.03.2010 - 14:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have mining 61 even as member...because regardless you are a member, the fastest way of mining training is still iron ore until at least 75...only there are two members locations with 3 iron rocks around one place, so it is fast to mine here...but it is so boring...

as well there are Shooting Stars in P2P which yields some nice, easy and fast experience, but i am not concentrating on searching them anyway
----

03.03.2010 - 16:56
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Hylia on 03.03.2010 at 09:25

I need to become a member, leveling up gets sooo hard after a while. It took me forevar to get my mining to 70!

I still remember the brutal competitions for coal stones... about 20 people trying to pick from 3 stones... it took hours to fill the bag

At this point, training without being a member can be the most depressing time killer in the world.
----

----
03.03.2010 - 17:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Mining coal for experience is pointless...it took much longer and it only means 15 more experience...you can mine 2 irons meanwhile and have 20 more experience from it...
----

03.03.2010 - 17:35
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ellrohir on 03.03.2010 at 17:29

Mining coal for experience is pointless...it took much longer and it only means 15 more experience...you can mine 2 irons meanwhile and have 20 more experience from it...

It was not so much for experience as much as the coal selling value... I have bought some nice armor just selling coal
----

----
03.03.2010 - 17:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I would say catching lobsters is and selling them is much better (surer, faster and earning more) moneymaking method in F2P...catch them at Musa Point, bank in Entrana monks deposit box...you only need lvl 40 fishing and 30 coins for every Karamja trip...

i already made at least 6M just from selling lobs, although it is true that i as P2P and with high fishing level can catch them much faster in Fishing Guild
----

03.03.2010 - 17:47
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Yeah, the lobster are faster somehow when talk about money... its just the Kramja trips pisses me off... XD
----

----
03.03.2010 - 17:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It is the matter of priorities

btw. with Explorers ring (from Lumbridge Achievement Diary) with cabbage teleport you can spare half of the way...
----

08.03.2010 - 11:07
Hylia
Written by Ellrohir on 03.03.2010 at 17:29

Yeah I know! I tried that in the mining guild for f2p and it took forever, and people were super competitve in there. When I got to level 65 in mining I just mined gold and iron and I'd usually just drop it to save bank trips. It took forever, but a lot more efficient than doing coal.
15.03.2010 - 22:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
New F2P quest and dungeon for newbie players released today

it is called "The Blood Pact", it is very short, the enemies are three level 3 and after the quest the dungeon with various new monsters from level 1 to 20 become available
----

22.03.2010 - 08:04
Hylia
Despite me being a level 77, I did it anyways, it only took like 5 mins to finish. If you collect mask piece after you can get a cool mask Very cool for F2P