Metal Storm logo
White Zombie

13.12.2007 - 03:38
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Hey!

Now I know I am a very unfamiliar face in this [alt metal] forum, because well, I despise 95% of alternative metal . But wow I've gotta hand it to White Zombie! They were actually a pretty great band, a very prominant '90's group . I first heard them from Beavis & Butthead...... I must confess, I am now officially a fan. I don't like the solo stuff of Rob Zombie too much though.

Anyone else like this band?
13.12.2007 - 05:55
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I loved the classic New York noise rock they made back in the 80s. La Sexorcisto was a step back in my eyes, but not a bad step back since its still a fun album. AstroCreep was too far in the direction of hipster metal.

But overall, I enjoy Zombie's stuff overall for all the camp etc,
13.12.2007 - 17:39
theflyingmachine

La Sexorcisto is one of my favorite albums of all time. Astrocreep is decent, while Rob Zombie's first album (Hellbilly Deluxe, i think) was passable, but not great. His albums following are crap, though.
I recently checked out the two earlist albums of this band. Can't say I liked it much, although after hearing La Sexorcisto, everything else sounds inferior.
13.12.2007 - 23:06
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@jupitreas: what is "hipster metal"

@theflyingmachine: yeah, i didn't like their earlier releases either.
13.12.2007 - 23:26
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
just a derogatory term referring to whatever metal that was popular at the time, lol.
13.12.2007 - 23:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
^^ ohhhhh, I was guessing that. Well, I'm sure this band paved the way for alot of sad act Nu-Metal groups of today. But so did Pantera! and they're still a kick ass band, am I right?
13.12.2007 - 23:56
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
No you're not, at least in my opinion, LOL. Never thought much of Pantera.
Besides, what I was referring to was that WZ incorporated a bunch of elements from styles that were popular at the time, such as industrial metal, nu-metal and even a very small element of death metal. Just seemed too much like an intentional attempt to make an album that was marketable. Not that the result was horrible, because it wasn't, but it took away from their original charm.
14.12.2007 - 04:17
king omega
Account deleted
I think White Zombie was pretty good, but Rob Zombie is much better.
14.12.2007 - 04:45
Gina73ss

I just saw Rob Zombie w/ Ozzy a few monthes ago. I was not impressed. And I really like his stuff- well not his new album too much, but old White Zombie, Hillbilly Delux- that was cool. The lighting was really bad, the sound was muffled, and even Rob himself mentioned it to be a boring gig. So I'll just like the old songs on the radio, and leave it at that. (The cool vintage nudie girls dancing was pretty awesome to watch LOL).
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine
17.12.2007 - 01:52
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@jupitreas: oh my, i wasn't expecting that
17.12.2007 - 21:19
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hey, Im a fan of Rob Zombie, but ive never listened to White Zombie, so if anyoune could RECOMMEND few good songs to start with, that would be cool
----
18.12.2007 - 04:05
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Stalker on 17.12.2007 at 21:19

Hey, Im a fan of Rob Zombie, but ive never listened to White Zombie, so if anyoune could RECOMMEND few good songs to start with, that would be cool

you're in luck

check out:

"Thunderkiss '65"
"More Human Than Human"
"Super-Charger Heaven"
"Welcome To Planet Motherfucker"

^^ I think those are great songs to start with, enjoy.
18.12.2007 - 11:59
Stalker
Lone wanderer
@Lowelas OF FIRE - Thanks man, Ill check them out right now! Thanks
----
21.12.2007 - 05:26
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Ed Hunter: no problem, i'm the topic starter, it's my job . All those songs have videos by the way, so you can watch/stream them on youtube if you want.
27.12.2007 - 02:47
Sonic MrSumo

I thought Astrocreep 2000 was a great album. I still listen to it!

I prefer that to Rob Zombie's solo stuff.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
02.01.2008 - 22:55
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
White Zombie made a remix album before their breakup, has anyone heard it? I haven't.
02.01.2008 - 23:03
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Did anyone hear thing called Jingle Bells by Rob Zombie? Its instrumental, pretty cool and weird sounding... check it out if you can...

@Lowelas - I checked out those songs, theyre pretty good
----
03.01.2008 - 00:00
Black Mass

Written by Guest on 02.01.2008 at 22:55

White Zombie made a remix album before their breakup, has anyone heard it? I haven't.

I think you might be referring to Supersexy Swingin' Sounds - its a remix of Astro Creep 2000. I came across it by accident about 6 or 7 years ago at some discount CD store. Its not bad, but its not great.
03.01.2008 - 00:42
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Ed Hunter: I'm glad

@Black Mass: Oh Okay , I'll check it out when I have more time.
22.01.2008 - 11:47
vusza

Does anyone know if Sean Yseult is still designing basses?
----
No guts, no glory.
12.03.2008 - 03:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Lowelas
Im another unfamiliar face here in the Alt Metal forum, but everyone loves White Zombie. I think I first heard them on Ace Ventura (Blur The Technicolor), I loved that song since I saw that movie, and that was before I was into metal really.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.04.2008 - 15:04
destroyah
supercharger
Written by Guest on 03.01.2008 at 00:42

@Ed Hunter: I'm glad

@Black Mass: Oh Okay , I'll check it out when I have more time.

As Black Mass said, "Supersexy..." is basically nothing special. Then again I haven't listened to it in a while, maybe I'd change my mind now.

There is ONE track on that album that is just amazing - the remix of "Real Solution #9". Brilliant.
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
10.04.2013 - 17:09
Jtbmetal123

White Zombie is awesome!
11.05.2013 - 00:55
TastetheSin

I used to be really into as a teen. They I feel off with it. But his new record has gotten me back into appreciation.
02.10.2013 - 19:05
Thrash del Sur

More Human Than Human is always a "party on" song!. White Zombie rules but I don't like the solo stuff