Metal Storm logo
Glorior Belli

Original post

Posted by Xaphiris, 14.12.2007 - 14:18
For a while now I've been listening to a lot of black metal bands that up until recently I hadn't had the vaguest clue about. One of them is a French raw black metal band called Glorior Belli, an act associated with bands such as Temple of Baal, Obscurus Advocam and Blackgod. After familiarizing with more French acts, I found this band to be some great listening.

They've recently been added to the Featured Bands section here.

They've only appeared more recently and I understand most of you have no idea who they are, still, I'm curious as to what you guys have to say about them.
12.05.2008 - 04:46
Passe

I just quickly listened to some of their tracks, i found that the vocals are very similar to another french BM band, Deathspell Omega, am I right ?

However, the music is close to DSO, but the vocals sound exactly the same to me.
12.05.2008 - 18:16
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Passe on 12.05.2008 at 04:46

I just quickly listened to some of their tracks, i found that the vocals are very similar to another french BM band, Deathspell Omega, am I right ?

no, you're not. the vocals of Infestuus are very different from the ones of Miko Aspa. what Infestuus does is almost doomy at times.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.05.2008 - 10:19
TheBigRossowski

At a first listen, one would think that the vocals are similar, but once you've listened to them long enough you hear the difference. In black metal, there are a lot of bands that fall onto deaf ears and go unheard for so long. For me, Glorior Belli was one of these bands, but when I finally heard it, I knew it was for me!

Speaking of the matter, they're playing with Enthroned and Gorath in Osnabruck at the end of October. I know that's a long time from now, but I'm going to that show. Glorior Belli....LIVE!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
10.10.2008 - 07:36
Murder

wow this band really likes me... I'm not a BM fan, but this guys know how to do good BM!!

the songs that I heard was really good and not repetitive like some BM bands... this guys have great potential!

looking foward to their music...
14.10.2008 - 00:01
Hyvaarin

Written by Damnated on 17.12.2007 at 18:08

you talking about this picture?

imo it's awsome.

Hahaha, wtf is "Eye"?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
14.10.2008 - 14:20
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Hyvaarin on 14.10.2008 at 00:01

Hahaha, wtf is "Eye"?

i have no idea what they wanted there. perhaps he's the eye ov satan. Antares plays drums, so he should be the hand imo.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.05.2009 - 16:08
Damnated
Churchburner
new album's out, it is rather different from the 2 previous albums: lot of progressive elements, clean vocals, opethis moments. oh, and some recycled riffs from the early songs. album also ends with a long solo. overall not bad, and if played multiple times it will definitely grow on you, but where's the fun in that?
----

19.05.2009 - 18:25
TheBigRossowski

Written by Damnated on 19.05.2009 at 16:08

new album's out, it is rather different from the 2 previous albums: lot of progressive elements, clean vocals, opethis moments. oh, and some recycled riffs from the early songs. album also ends with a long solo. overall not bad, and if played multiple times it will definitely grow on you, but where's the fun in that?

Sounds nifty

I'll probably buy it and skip the whole mundane downloading aspect. I miss listening to CDs for some reason. My iPod is great and useful, but I don't have quite the same attachment.

Most people won't even notice these recycled riffs that speak of, lol.
----
20.05.2009 - 02:07
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.05.2009 at 18:25

Sounds nifty

I'll probably buy it and skip the whole mundane downloading aspect. I miss listening to CDs for some reason. My iPod is great and useful, but I don't have quite the same attachment.

you should listen to this first, though. the more i listen to it, the less i like it.
----

20.05.2009 - 02:21
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I listened to the latest album today and I am not really sure what to think of it. It lacks the brutality and sheer strength of "Manifesting the Raging Beast", that's for sure. Need to give it few more listens, though. It still sounds quite interesting. Kinda like Glorior Belli's version of "Crack in the Skye" (totally subjective association here).

This album made me also realize better why Infestvvs's favorite album is "Great Southern Trendkill".
21.05.2009 - 11:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by John Barleycorn on 20.05.2009 at 02:21

This album made me also realize better why Infestvvs's favorite album is "Great Southern Trendkill".

Yep, I understand why he said that a lot better now, there's a definite overt southern tinge to the new one. I'm not sure what to make of it either, I guess it's good they're trying something a bit different but I also miss the sound on Manifesting...
22.05.2009 - 12:14
TheBigRossowski

Written by Damnated on 20.05.2009 at 02:07

Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.05.2009 at 18:25

Sounds nifty

you should listen to this first, though. the more i listen to it, the less i like it.

And if there is one band that's going to have the ''Opeth'' sound in black metal, it's going to be Shining, Dude! One of the new songs on myspace actually has clear vocals and some very melodic swings...

I did not watch my buddies die face down in the mud, so that this band, this fucking whore could play such harmonies.
----
29.05.2009 - 13:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Glorior Belli is awesome. i just got Ô Laudate Dominvs today and i love it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.12.2009 - 07:23
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Holy shit, I put off listening to the new songs from "Meet Us...". I REALLY like it. I'm going to need to buy the album pronto. The whole blues influence is awesome IMO, and Infestvvs has improved and changed up his vocals really well. Another album in the vein of "Manifesting.." would probably have been lame anyways. Infestvvs has already put out three really high quality albums (the two GB ones as well as Verbia Daemonicus), so experimentation with other elements to me is a good thing.
10.01.2010 - 04:20
spirit_inblack
harshhead
So Infestuus, or "J." as he is known now has decided to make GB a solo project, and a new album is forthcoming... "The Full Intrepid Experience of Light." It'll be interesting tbh, but the (short) sample on myspace sounds like shit.

Sorry for the double post btw.
07.03.2010 - 18:55
Charcharoth

Well yes the sampel didnt sound very good for there new record but i have to say the cover art work and new band photos seems the be one of the best ever! really they are very cool. But then again 1349s revelation of the black flame had a very good cover but that didnt tell much of the quality......
13.04.2010 - 23:29
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
A song from their upcoming album is up on their myspace. Frankly, I don't care if they've left their black metal roots behind because that small taste of the new material is really raising my appetite. Some really intricate, abstract and avantgarde stuff.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
15.04.2010 - 16:20
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Just got done listening to Manifesting The Raging Beast and Meet Us At The Southern Sign, both were exceptional. I'm starting to like more French Black Metal bands as the years pass.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
15.04.2010 - 20:40
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Ewww, the new song on myspace from the upcoming full-length is terrible. This band went fucking prog.
15.04.2010 - 21:47
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Big let down from their last three albums, which were very good.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
18.04.2010 - 02:00
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by spirit_inblack on 15.04.2010 at 20:40

Ewww, the new song on myspace from the upcoming full-length is terrible. This band went fucking prog.

Dude, come on. From a prog./avantgarde standpoint, it's awesome. Even more so than their black metal stuff to me.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
18.04.2010 - 02:59
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Really? Well this isn't even original stuff he's doing here, but when he was doing black metal, it was actually with a very original taste. The song sounds like a failed attempt at replicating The Mars Volta or something.
18.04.2010 - 03:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Meet Us At The Southern Sign sounded like a nice album and all.... But the new song just sucks man. I couldn't get into those vocals, really horrible.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.10.2011 - 00:30
Savopipo

This is good shit! I really love the way they manage to revitalize the old bm recepie!
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
21.10.2011 - 01:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Wow. i cannot believe this thread went well over a year without a post, particularly with the new album out.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.10.2011 - 01:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Band threads are fast becoming a ghost town now that everyone can simply comment on a review or post in the album thread.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.10.2011 - 01:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Or a pointless list.
21.10.2011 - 01:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.10.2011 at 01:26

Band threads are fast becoming a ghost town now that everyone can simply comment on a review or post in the album thread.

or that guy that randomly shows up and posts a vid or article as a separate thread on it's own... i recall having to lock a GB video post thread that would have worked well here.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.10.2011 - 01:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

There.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.10.2011 - 07:09
Savopipo

Something to do when work gets too tedious.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com