Metal Storm logo
Baroness

Original post

Posted by CrypticMyth, 15.12.2007 - 08:25

Baroness are a sludge band of the atmospheric variety not too much unlike Isis, but far more dynamic and less minimalistic than Isis (though I obviously like Isis better) - the combo makes for an interesting change. They hail from the US and are quite awesome. I have The Red Album with me and I think it's fantastic. The vocals remind me very much of Aaron Turner's vocals. Any fans?

I think you can listen to some songs here => http://www.yourbaroness.com/
MySpace => http://www.myspace.com/yourbaroness

Fucking great artwork as well!
20.10.2011 - 17:46
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by The Void on 02.10.2011 at 21:56

Any news from the third album?

Nope ... Those bastards better release something ASAP
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.04.2012 - 13:35
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
So the new album is called Yellow and Green
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
01.05.2012 - 18:55
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Barone's new song "Take My Bones Away" can be now heard over on youtube.

02.05.2012 - 00:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Terrible quality.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.05.2012 - 15:55
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Sounds good.
04.05.2012 - 19:45
Jookbox

Can anyone recommend some of their best songs? I'm going to see them with Meshuggah and Decapitated soon.

edit - I just noticed they only have 2 albums. I'll check them both out, but I like what I hear.
05.05.2012 - 15:13
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Jookbox on 04.05.2012 at 19:45

Can anyone recommend some of their best songs? I'm going to see them with Meshuggah and Decapitated soon.

edit - I just noticed they only have 2 albums. I'll check them both out, but I like what I hear.

Steel That Sleeps The Eye and Swollen and Halo

Listen to them in that order.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.05.2012 - 05:34
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Jookbox on 04.05.2012 at 19:45

Like the other one said.. Steel That Sleeps the eye is pretty good and Swollen aswell

also... Jake Leg, A Horse Called Golgotha, War Wisdom And Rhyme, Rays On Pinion, O'Appalachia, Wanderlust... well you know what ? Listen to both albums (red and blue) in order... back to back.. that should get you started, cuz nothing's bad in there, everything's perfect
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
03.06.2012 - 18:15
Darkfiber

For you Baroness fans, you should check out Brian Blickle's new band Auroboros if you haven't already.

http://auroboros.bandcamp.com/
09.06.2012 - 17:22
DIRTYDANIII

I can't wait for there new album to come out I've really been looking forward to it
03.08.2012 - 15:19
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Has anyone seen these guys live? I am considering going to see them tonight... a small club for around 200 people.

EDIT

Okay, I am going anyways. Will tell you how it went afterwards.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
03.08.2012 - 19:29
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by K✞ulu on 03.08.2012 at 15:19

Has anyone seen these guys live? I am considering going to see them tonight... a small club for around 200 people.

EDIT

saw them in May, 2010. - with Valeint Thorr, Between The Buried And Me, and Mastodon.

they put on the best show of the four.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.08.2012 - 21:00
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by BitterCOld on 03.08.2012 at 19:29

Written by K✞ulu on 03.08.2012 at 15:19

EDIT

saw them in May, 2010. - with Valeint Thorr, Between The Buried And Me, and Mastodon.

they put on the best show of the four.

Glad to hear that. I am at the venue, but they wont come out, and they are playing alone I think. Lets see how they will sound. Bought the ticket for laughable 9 euros.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

04.08.2012 - 12:24
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Well, it was an awesome show. They came out almost an hour later than scheduled, but that it actually when the club was getting really packed. I was sitting at the back against the sound engineer box and when they came out I could stand and lean against something as well, so it was very comfortable for me. I could see only Baroness's heads but that's ok. There were speakers close to me, and, man, the sound was just great! I mean I could not believe it.

Of course I had to wear my earplug to filter out some crazy highs of the vocals and guitars and the cymbal (if I correct here) crushes. Other than that, great clear sound, including the vocals. I mean I could hear words better than on the album (in fact, the vocals seemed a bit too loud in the mix at the beginning). Also this concert boasts the best bass drum sound I've heard. Not much bass as usually . All the effects and psychedelic stuff sounded great as well. I mean, as far as I am concerned, it was the best sounded I've heard so far.

Now to the performance. My oh my!!! What a band! Perfect execution! Not a single mess-up in all those harmonized vocals and guitars, and they also have so much fun on stage. They really mean what they are playing; they show real emotions when they are playing (especially John Baizley, whom I could see the best).

The setlist was great as well: all the hits from the first two records + a few numbers off the Yellow and Green.

======

Going to the show was a completely spontaneous affair. Since I am now preparing to get married and saving off as much money as possible, and that's why I've been having a "no-concert-no-buying-CDs" policy, but when I checked the price online, I was like "whhhhhaaaa...? I might just go..." So I did buy the ticket on my way to the show, but I purposefully didn't withdraw any for money for the CDs... At the end of the show, I really wanted buy the first two album, and guess what, I recalled I had some 20 euros (not the local Czech crowns) in my wallets, and that means exactly two CDs.

So I bought them after all I even got them signed my John Baizley outside the venue...

The bottom line is it was a great night, with me getting some emotional rejuvenation.

Hail Baroness!
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

06.08.2012 - 06:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by K✞ulu on 04.08.2012 at 12:24

Hail Baroness!

glad you enjoyed the show. also glad they didn't go all Opeth and stick to exclusively the newer, "softer" material and included Blue and Red tracks into the setlist.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.08.2012 - 11:21
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by BitterCOld on 06.08.2012 at 06:47

Written by K✞ulu on 04.08.2012 at 12:24

Hail Baroness!

glad you enjoyed the show. also glad they didn't go all Opeth and stick to exclusively the newer, "softer" material and included Blue and Red tracks into the setlist.

With Opeth I was also lucky. They played the new set + 5 older songs. Great show it was as well.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

21.08.2012 - 08:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist

They seem to be doing better
21.08.2012 - 12:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Nice pic, they definitely look better than I expected.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.09.2012 - 15:06
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
This is big surprise for fan of "POST" , check it here. feel great frequency of natural instrumental post rock/metal band
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
10.10.2012 - 18:15
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Interview with John D, post the accident

It's quite an awesome read to see him so optimistic. I just hope he can get back to playing and drawing like before.
I hope these guys can get back to what they do best.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here