Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Joins Pinkpop Line-up

Bay Area metal legends Metallica will close the first day of Pinkpop Festival, the world's longest running outdoor festival, set to take place from May 30th to June 1st in Landgraaf, The Netherlands. They will play a 2 hour set, one of the longest sets ever allowed at the Pinkpop Festival. Metallica will share the stage with notable bands like Rage Against The Machine, Foo Fighters, and many others.

Source: metronieuws.nl
Band profile: Metallica
Event: Pinkpop Festival
Posted: 17.12.2007 by Asitis

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 35   Visited by: 13 users
18.12.2007 - 14:02
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Deadsoulman on 18.12.2007 at 12:55

It often looks like a lot of people here consider that only them can appreciate music, only them have the right to listen to metal, and anything beside metal is worthless crap. Well, bad news, it doesn't work like that.

You might have survived Kvarforth, but beware, now Joey DeMaio is after you
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
18.12.2007 - 16:34
Bsquared

Metallica on Pinkpop? Are you shitting me? Damn....
For the dutchies under us, I quote the pinkpop website "Hun recente CD "St Anger" was er weer een van wereldklasse."
Which basically means... "Their most recent cd "St Anger" is once again a masterpiece".

Seriously......
----
http://www.last.fm/user/Hobflop
18.12.2007 - 16:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bsquared on 18.12.2007 at 16:34

Metallica on Pinkpop? Are you shitting me? Damn....
For the dutchies under us, I quote the pinkpop website "Hun recente CD "St Anger" was er weer een van wereldklasse."
Which basically means... "Their most recent cd "St Anger" is once again a masterpiece".

Seriously......

Hahahahaha that was funny. I always regarded Pinkpop as THE most overrated festival in our beloved country and this statement just showed it once again. But good thing about Pinkpop is that they always televise most of it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.12.2007 - 12:50
Periklis

Why dude??? why such a historical band plays in that kind of festivals... Years ago they where f...cking metal gods and metal fathers and now... the gods dethroned them selfs and the fathers have become money junkies... Why don't they make an album why Metallica songs and not any junk that they have in mind. The hard rock style goes well to them, but please... NO the nu-pop-hardcore-(and I don't know what else I can name on the style)-metal... Mercy... We all know what they are and we all know that they have created. But my as EVERYBODY can see, when money speaks (and they speak good) the art of true, pure metal goes away... Anyway guys, the bands has their good moments and their bad moments... They don't understand what moments they have. IF they ever understand it, they maybe wake the metal spirit inside them and we all MAYBE feel proud for a band that has leard us the metal sounds... Until then, patience my friends, patience...
----
+*KEEP THE FLAME BURNING*+
21.12.2007 - 03:49
Bitch Boy

Thanks for the explanation Marcel. I first thought of a festival featuring Paris Hilton, Aaron Carter, Britney Spears and her little sister

Hits total: 4812 | This month: 11