Metal Storm logo
Sirenia

Original post

Posted by Nekronoise, 07.06.2006 - 21:00
So the Official thread for Sirenia.
They deffinetly are one of my most favourite bands. I really love their melodies.
The instruments alone wouldn't be very good. But put togehter they are very very amazing.
Morten Veland is one the most talented persons in Metal.
What are your opinions on this band?
05.03.2009 - 18:48
Ernis
狼獾
I haven't still had the time to comment on this group....Tristania and Sirenia are the two beautiful sister acts of the symphonic Gothic metal field....in a way it is good that Morten Veland and Tristania parted ways because that allowed the two similar groups which proved to evolve into strong Gothic bands of today, both distinct in one's own way but sharing the same qualities and background.
The sound of Sirenia is very enjoyable....I like their first album quite a lot....their further history is also full of strong work and now....it is not that much connected to music but their new hot girl Ailyn is a true heartthrob....Simone has found herself a rival.....And well....The beauty also sings well, at least I prefer her voice to Monika Pedersen's whose distinct nasal timbre may appear tiring after some time of listening.....
05.03.2009 - 18:59
Dominus
The Shooter
I love this band! especially your last album where the new singer demonstrates that it is the best one than she had Sirenia in all their history.
06.03.2009 - 04:07
Jason W.
Razorbliss
For me, the best song on "The 13th Floor" so far is "Winterborn 77." The single/first track is okay, but a bit too common for a lead song to me. This is new album gave me a similar feeling that their previous album did at first - not amazing, but nothing terrible either. Then a few songs start to shine, and I realize there isn't anything I dislike about the new album. For me, it still doesn't eclipse their second album though, as all the tracks are not as good as "Winterborn 77."

What are everyone else's personal favorites (if any) of the new album?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
06.03.2009 - 09:08
Ernis
狼獾
Out of the songs of the new album I find "Path To Decay", "The Mind Maelstrom" and "Sirens Of The Seven Seas" being the brightest ones....Their melodies and textures appear as the best....
17.04.2009 - 22:23
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well I finally got accustomed to Ailyn's voice and now I'm 100% enjoying this album. I am amazed by it, really, cause I needed some time on it. Now I find it very close to Sirenia's first two works. Even though I liked the catchy tunes od NDAAD, this is a surpass I didn't even expect.

My fave song is definately Sirens of The Seven Seas, it's so epic and majestic, followed by Beyond's Life Scenery - a very strong and passionate song, with great guitars and Mortens grooooooooowls
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
18.04.2009 - 10:28
annodomini

Well my favorite are The Mind Maelstorm. Reminds "At sixes and Sevens" era. Lso i like Winterborn 77 and The seventh summer. Others are not bad, but quite average. First two songs are fillers for me.
----
the riddle wants to be...
11.09.2009 - 09:30
RyanH

A Shadow Of Your Own Self!
14.04.2010 - 16:57
Kennoth

I'll up this thread

Their best song by far is Sister Nightfall, it's mindblowing, but there are other awesome pieces. It seems that Ailyn is here to stay, which is a good thing, since 4 singers in 4 albums is just too much.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
04.02.2011 - 14:26
Luneth
Account deleted
Http://www.live-metal.net/interviews_sirenia.html

New audio interview with Morten Veland...in my opinion, they should scrap the X-Factor reject and bring Monika Pedersen back!
06.02.2011 - 00:13
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 04.02.2011 at 14:26

New audio interview with Morten Veland...in my opinion, they should scrap the X-Factor reject and bring Monika Pedersen back!

I didn't like their album with Monika Pedersen... This album wasn't their best and besides the nasal vocals of Pedersen are way too nasal for my taste...

And ahem... speaking of the x factor... Ailyn is a lot hotter woman than Monika Pedersen... I am happier if a band has a hot frontwoman... Henriette was in fact the most charismatic and prettiest singer this band has had... but the chubby blonde girl in black latex... well... no...

But that's a matter of taste...
06.02.2011 - 00:33
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 06.02.2011 at 00:13

Written by Guest on 04.02.2011 at 14:26

I didn't like their album with Monika Pedersen... This album wasn't their best and besides the nasal vocals of Pedersen are way too nasal for my taste...

And ahem... speaking of the x factor... Ailyn is a lot hotter woman than Monika Pedersen... I am happier if a band has a hot frontwoman... Henriette was in fact the most charismatic and prettiest singer this band has had... but the chubby blonde girl in black latex... well... no...

But that's a matter of taste...

Ailyn is decidedly hotter, I'll agree with you there. But Pederson's 'nasal' voclas as you say, I thought, worked great with the whole atmospheric/gothic style of the album. It wasn't anything stellar, but I'd be much more likely to listen to the Nine Destinies for standout tracks like My Mind's Eye, The Other Side and Sundown than their newest work.
03.04.2014 - 21:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Sirenia signed to Napalm Records. New album to drop in 2015.

Details here.