Metal Storm logo
Police

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 18.12.2007 - 21:09
How are police in your town or country? Are they true cops that protect people and enforce the law? Or are they corrupt and unfair? Discuss!

There is only one cop in my town that nobody likes, he turns small things into the extremes, and I heard that he got fired from being a state trooper because of racism. He has been introuble numerous times for stealing and being unfair to citizens, yet he isn't fired. Cops always get off easy.
17.12.2010 - 14:15
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by FOOCK Nam on 17.12.2010 at 11:46

...but heard that Egypt is very modern islamic country, even Egypt sides on US on the war to terriosm, cant imagine how far it goes like that... Though, I have known that torturing is very common in Muslim countries

pimping freedom ain't easy

----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
18.12.2010 - 01:33
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
It's the same everywhere... except in some places its more obvious than others.
this world is going straight to hell, if its not already in it.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
18.12.2010 - 23:40
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 18.12.2010 at 01:33

It's the same everywhere... except in some places its more obvious than others.
this world is going straight to hell, if its not already in it.

Well... Iblis is the prince of this world... locked up here. We're just visitors here... let's find the best from this world and from ourselves and we'll be fine... The police and the politicians and everyone else who's only caring bout the power and wealth in this world can mind their own business...
25.01.2011 - 06:06
MetallicA

Wow it's interesting reading everyone's perspective on this since we're all from different countries.

From what I'm gathering from this discussion, most cops in most countries are just doing their jobs and sometimes take it a little too far just for shits and giggles (like the cop busting in the party with his horse) and then there's the extreme shit like the torture in Egypt.

Where I live, most of the cops are good people just doing what they're supposed to be doing. If someone is getting beaten, arrested, questioned etc, there was most likely probable cause and reasonable suspician to do so. I live in a county that has a pretty high crime rate (apparently just a couple of years ago, the city I live in, Atlanta, had the highest crime rate out of the entire USA if that says anything, the neighborhood I live in is fine though lol) so there's always alot of police activity. There's a large population here, which means there's alot of cops, and when you get alot of something, you'll always have a few bad apples in the mix. I've seen, on the news, cops get arrested for having sex with whores, getting involved with drugs, tasing someone for fun etc. BUT for the most part, like 99% of the time, the cops here protect and serve.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
25.01.2011 - 08:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by MetallicA on 25.01.2011 at 06:06

Where I live, most of the cops are good people just doing what they're supposed to be doing. If someone is getting beaten, arrested, questioned etc, there was most likely probable cause and reasonable suspician to do so. I live in a county that has a pretty high crime rate (apparently just a couple of years ago, the city I live in, Atlanta, had the highest crime rate out of the entire USA if that says anything, the neighborhood I live in is fine though lol) so there's always alot of police activity. There's a large population here, which means there's alot of cops, and when you get alot of something, you'll always have a few bad apples in the mix. I've seen, on the news, cops get arrested for having sex with whores, getting involved with drugs, tasing someone for fun etc. BUT for the most part, like 99% of the time, the cops here protect and serve.

I have similar thoughts. Though recently I've been having some bad experiences with uptight, over-zealous cops who thinks it's ok to make me empty out my pockets without probable cause. But I'm not a criminal or a drug user, the biggest crime I've probably committed in the past 4 years is being drunk in public, so I've got nothing to hide.

On the flipside, I'm very pissed off with how things are run here. A group of my friends had the shit kicked out of them one night randomly by a dozen or so guys with led pipes, the case was dropped in under 24 hours because one of my friends said they pulled up in 3 cars when another of my friends said there was 4. They said they couldn't pursue it because of "conflicting stories". Yet they'll pursue anything related to drug trafficking to no end in this city. It really shows that the police have an agenda of their own, rather than "serving & protecting". That comes down to how things are run though, not entirely on individual cops.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.01.2011 - 09:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I really have no faith in our police as far as serving and protecting the decent, law abiding members of society goes. As Doc said, if it's something where drugs are involved, then they are interested. Or murder. But when it comes down to thugs terrorizing society, and making life a misery for people, (which is a plague infesting many UK towns and cities, especially urban areas) then generally speaking, not much, if anything is done. In fairness, it doesn't really help when our laws and justice system seems to be weighted heavily in favour of purpetrators of crime rather than the victims. Its no wonder this country is in such a sorry state...
25.01.2011 - 10:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.01.2011 at 09:36

I really have no faith in our police as far as serving and protecting the decent, law abiding members of society goes. As Doc said, if it's something where drugs are involved, then they are interested. Or murder. But when it comes down to thugs terrorizing society, and making life a misery for people, (which is a plague infesting many UK towns and cities, especially urban areas) then generally speaking, not much, if anything is done. In fairness, it doesn't really help when our laws and justice system seems to be weighted heavily in favour of purpetrators of crime rather than the victims. Its no wonder this country is in such a sorry state...

I'm kind of glad it's that way though. I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK as it is here, but there's a sort of motto they have, "we'd rather have 10 guilty men walking free than 1 innocent man imprisoned". Unfortunately those 10 guilty men sometimes get off easy.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.01.2011 - 12:59
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Doc G. on 25.01.2011 at 10:31
I'm kind of glad it's that way though. I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK as it is here, but there's a sort of motto they have, "we'd rather have 10 guilty men walking free than 1 innocent man imprisoned". Unfortunately those 10 guilty men sometimes get off easy.

I think there needs to be some sort of balance. Im against the death penalty for example, because if just one innocent man is executed, then that's one too many. The problem in this country, is the law is just far too soft. Ive heard too many stories of teenage thugs sometimes being arrested sometimes over 60 times for the same offence, yet nothing is done to them. Ive also heard some of these same people confessing that they do what they do, because they know that the police can't touch them. When the police have very little, or no powers to enforce the law, and the law itself has no teeth, then what you're left with is a recipe for continuous reoffending, and anarchy on the streets. Which is basically what we've got. Even adults regularly have paltry sentences handed down for horrendous crimes. Very rarely, does the punishment fit the crime. It seems that the criminal's "human rights" are of much more importance than those of law abiding citizens.
27.01.2011 - 05:33
MetallicA

I've heard that in the UK, it's against the law to use self defense. Is that true? If some guy threatens me and we get in a scuffle of some sort, here in the US the guy threatening me would get charged with something, not me (usually anyways). I heard that in the UK, both would get charged.
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
27.01.2011 - 11:33
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MetallicA on 27.01.2011 at 05:33

I've heard that in the UK, it's against the law to use self defense. Is that true? If some guy threatens me and we get in a scuffle of some sort, here in the US the guy threatening me would get charged with something, not me (usually anyways). I heard that in the UK, both would get charged.

It is true, yes. Especially if the people attacking you are youths. Which is so often the case in this country. There's been instances were gangs relentlessly torment and abuse a person (or family) for a very prolonged period of time. And the person notifies the police on several ocassions about the issue, but nothing is done. If the person suddenly snaps, and has a go at their tormentor's, the police can't get there fast enough to arrest the victim of constant harassment. Also, if you are physically attacked, but use what the law regards as "unreasonable" force, to defend yourself, then you yourself with be charged. And likely to be judged more severely by the police and the courts, than the person who assaulted you. The law system over here is heavily weighted in favour of criminals, so its not surprising at all to me, that Britain is going down the toilet. The criminals are always having their "human rights" upheld and protected, so they are free to terrorise their victims with literally no fear of the law, and knowing there will likely be no consequences for their actions.
27.01.2011 - 18:46
ß
Problem?
Quote:
Quote:

It is true, yes. Especially if the people attacking you are youths. Which is so often the case in this country. There's been instances were gangs relentlessly torment and abuse a person (or family) for a very prolonged period of time. And the person notifies the police on several ocassions about the issue, but nothing is done. If the person suddenly snaps, and has a go at their tormentor's, the police can't get there fast enough to arrest the victim of constant harassment. Also, if you are physically attacked, but use what the law regards as "unreasonable" force, to defend yourself, then you yourself with be charged. And likely to be judged more severely by the police and the courts, than the person who assaulted you. The law system over here is heavily weighted in favour of criminals, so its not surprising at all to me, that Britain is going down the toilet. The criminals are always having their "human rights" upheld and protected, so they are free to terrorise their victims with literally no fear of the law, and knowing there will likely be no consequences for their actions.

That's ridiculous. "Unreasonable" force in these circumstances is pretty much null and void, seeing as any form of "self defence" would be punishable and unreasonable. It's quite sad to see if that is what the situation is really like in Britain. In Canada, self-defence isn't too complicated, the courts take into account whether the force used "reasonable". Basically you can't bring a gun to a knife fight, seeing as that is excessive force, you can however pull out a gun if the predecessor has one but only for self defence. It will be left up to the courts to decide that it was indeed self defence. I think this should always be the case when it comes to "self defence" cases. It's quite funny and ironic that legal rights guaranteed by constitutions are used mostly by the criminally accused/convicted.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
27.01.2011 - 19:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by ß on 27.01.2011 at 18:46
That's ridiculous. "Unreasonable" force in these circumstances is pretty much null and void, seeing as any form of "self defence" would be punishable and unreasonable. It's quite sad to see if that is what the situation is really like in Britain. In Canada, self-defence isn't too complicated, the courts take into account whether the force used "reasonable". Basically you can't bring a gun to a knife fight, seeing as that is excessive force, you can however pull out a gun if the predecessor has one but only for self defence. It will be left up to the courts to decide that it was indeed self defence. I think this should always be the case when it comes to "self defence" cases. It's quite funny and ironic that legal rights guaranteed by constitutions are used mostly by the criminally accused/convicted.

I totally agree that it should be null and void in cases of self defence. Basically in this country, if someone physically attacks you, and you defending yourself results in the perpetrator being injured in some way, then you can legitimately be charged yourself with assault. Its the same if someone breaks into your house. If you somehow injure the housebreaker in the course of defending your home and family, then you will almost certainly be dealt with more severely than the person who broke into your home. It is ironic and sad that the human rights agenda seems to have done nothing except to empower criminals, and give them a feeling of invulnerability. Which is the main reason why the yob culture has been allowed to fester and thrive in our communities like a disease. It seems like the powers that be bend over backwards when it comes to protecting criminal's "human rights". But what about the rights of the victims, and of law abiding citizens? It definitely feels like the lunatics have taken over the asylum. *sighs*
27.01.2011 - 22:59
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.01.2011 at 19:08

I totally agree that it should be null and void in cases of self defence. Basically in this country, if someone physically attacks you, and you defending yourself results in the perpetrator being injured in some way, then you can legitimately be charged yourself with assault. Its the same if someone breaks into your house. If you somehow injure the housebreaker in the course of defending your home and family, then you will almost certainly be dealt with more severely than the person who broke into your home.

My friend once told me a sentence that cannot be used too much when questioned in court or by the police in such cases: "I was afraid to die".
28.01.2011 - 01:40
I_Die_Often

I feel many of the police here were not popular in school and are out MAKE us respect them.
I've had many encounters with police the last 10 years (no, I was not breaking any laws) and they have ALL been assholes.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
29.01.2011 - 03:27
MetallicA

@Angelic Storm - wow that is really messed up! It's not perfect here either but the laws (usually) are in favor of the victoms. If someone breaks into my house and threatens me I'm gonna shoot that asshole! As long as I don't shoot him in the back (which would indicate he was running away) or shoot him more times than is necessary, then I should be ok when it comes to getting charged with something. Unless there's a liberal asshole for a judge...they seem to be rampant now. My boyfriend arrested someone who had a bunch of drugs on him (enough for a felony) and this one particular judge let him walk...that does happen alot unfortunately. A few years back, this guy named Brian Nichols shot up a courthouse here in my city and wound up killing some people and wounding others, and for some reason he is still at trial. He fucking killed them! Sentence him already and quit wasting taxpayers money on this bullshit.

I know you said earlier you don't like the death penalty but there were so many witnesses who saw this (I'm sure that serveillance cameras caught it too) and I honestly think he should be tortured and then shot in both legs, arms and then point blank in the face.

@Ernil - good call. It's true!

@I die often - I'm sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately, there are plenty who do just that. I've had a few encounters with cops as well and for most of those encounters, I never felt they were being assholes. They were just doing there job. I have plenty of examples (for me and other people) of cops going way beyond their duty to serve because they actually cared. I don't want to post them on the internet tho! I hope you meet a good cop one day
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
19.03.2011 - 00:42
JD
Account deleted
I got arrested many times me and my friends by the Syrian police becaouse of "Alcohol, Wearing Black"Metal" and other stupid reasons and every time they take our money to leave us alone.

N.W.A song: Fuck the Police, Fuck the police FUCK!
19.03.2011 - 13:46
JD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.03.2011 at 02:47

Written by Guest on 19.03.2011 at 00:42

I got arrested many times me and my friends by the Syrian police becaouse of "Alcohol, Wearing Black"Metal" and other stupid reasons and every time they take our money to leave us alone.

N.W.A song: Fuck the Police, Fuck the police FUCK!

Its Sodom think and I never have been busted for it , never sgoped ok when I was young walked in midle of driving street , its all

I don't know Sodom, Dope, and RATM all of them played that song, but i think N.W.A were the first, and the beat of the song its sounds more Rap.
28.02.2015 - 11:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Police in north India are tough with rules and regulations. Don't have any clue what's is in central and south.

I was twice pulled by police car for not having a pollution card on car(which is on rent). Fined 500 Indian Ruppes(£5) on both occasions.

Not my fault but the pollution card which cost less than 100 Indian Ruppes costs us 500 INR on National Highway.