Here are the things that HAVE TO BE COMPLETE in order for a profile to be made visible.
- General info (country of origin, current label [unsigned if n/a], official website links [Facebook, Myspace, etc. - no fan pages], accurate formed in year [and disbanded year* if applicable]
* If disbanded but reformed, leave the disbanded field blank and inform a Staff member about the band's earlier disbanding (see Sleep for an example).
* If a band moved to another country after formation, this could be a good Trivia question.
- Full accurate line-up (this means any and all current/former members, tour/guest/session included; for musicians without an official joined in date, use the NA option [also applies for departed in dates]
- Full discography (all applicable album images [original only, not alternate covers], All First Letters In English Titles Capitalized, no promo/bootleg releases, no unofficial demos)
- Biography (only official biographies - no crap from last.fm or Wikipedia)
These are REQUIREMENTS. All other fields (videos, logos, trivia) are considered bonus material and bare no weight upon Activation. Metal-Archives is NOT an official source but that doesn't mean it isn't a good place to start for basic info that you need to then verify through an OFFICIAL source.
KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT THE TOP PRIORITY FOR THE DATABASE TEAM, THEIR MAIN PRIORITY IS TO KEEP ALREADY ACTIVE PROFILES UP TO DATE.
PM the Database Chief if you have any more specific questions regarding Activations.