Lord Belial interview (05/2007)
|With:||Micke Backelin [Drums]|
|Conducted by:||Megad3th (e-mail)|
Hello I'm Elia Mssawir from Lebanon. To begin with I want to thank you for allowing me to do this Interview, and of course for giving your fans a chance to learn a little more about Lord Belial. It's an honor.
- At first, by going back to the first album by Lord Belial "Kiss The Goat", is that true that got some attention cause of the pink color and many people wanting to hear it?
Micke: I don't think we got any (positive) attention because of that cover, it was just very ugly and we were very sorry because we could do nothing about it. It was supposed to be dark red but was made pink due to incompetent people in charge of the printing/layout.
- Is that true that "Enter The Moonlight Gate" was enjoyed by members of Dismember and they asked you to join them in a tour back in 1997? How did you guys feel about that?
Micke: I don't know if that's how it was. We got contacted by our record label that has been in contact with someone… I don't know whose idea it was to bring us on that tour. But anyhow we were very pleased and it was one hell of a fun tour as long as it lasted.
- I personally think that "Unholy Crusade" is brilliant and my favorite album so far. After recording it and playing a few gigs, Niclas left you and has been replaced by Fredrik. Back than did you think you could get better than Niclas? Could you tell me if you had problems with Niclas?
Micke: Yes Niclas got some problems back then; mainly it was just as simple as lack of time. He moved to another town and he also got a serious job. Now he is in the band again(for the third time) and this time it feels really good since we all got jobs and we don't have to spend that much time rehearsing and stuff.
- 3 years after releasing "Unholy Crusade" and letting the fans wait for the next album, when "Angelgrinder" was released, did it fulfill your expectations or did you expect more?
Micke: I like the songs o Angelgrinder album, but I am not very pleased with the sound. I think we could have it made in a very much better way.
- I heard that "The Seal Of Belial" had sold the most between the previous albums, is that true?
Micke: I have no idea actually. I don't really care since we don't need to sell lots of albums, we don't do this for a living.
- Ending up with "Nocturnal Beast" this album had some lineup changes again with Hjalmar Nielsen joining the band, did you have the feeling that your fans have about just enough of lineup changes and some of them won't support u anymore?
Micke: No I don't think the fans really care about line up changes that much, as long as the music is still the same.
- Enough about the albums for the moment. When you first started Lord Belial, did you have the hope that the band would survive all these years and become one of the favorite black metal bands of many people?
He he no we did not have any bigger plans with it, we just started the band for the fun of playing music, and to record a demo tape was the highest goal for us back then… When we recorded the demo and later on actually was offered a record deal it was very big.
- Do you have any memorable touring experiences?
Micke: Yes, but most of them are hard to tell the point without telling the whole story and then we could start writing a book instead… maybe we could do that?
It is always fun with touring but it is also lots of hard work and it happen things all the time which is very memorable and insane.
- What bands have inspired you the most?
Micke: I don't think any specific band had inspired us more than any other band… We listen to almost every style of metal (and some other music as well) so I guess we get inspiration from all different bands…
- Have you ever thought about have a concert in Middle East?
Micke: Not that we think of every day, but it could be cool. Someday.
- Being in one of the bigger black metal bands outside of music what do you do and what hobbies do you have?
Micke: I really enjoy fishing, I am a member of the sport fishing club in this town and I have a big interest in pike fishing. Other interests are computers, computer games and some programming/coding.
- What to do think about heavy metal music and doom metal music?
Micke: I listen to almost all kind of metal music, but not power/heavy metal…
- This question goes for the ones who have a family... do they support you? Do they go to your gigs/tours?
Micke: Yes my wife supports me as much as she can, and she's going to the concerts when and if it is possible. We have a daughter (I have 2 daughters but only one of them living with me and my wife) so it is quite difficult for the both of us to be away from home for several days.
- Years and years have passed since the creation of Lord Belial. You've released many albums since 1995, please tell me which album is the one you love the most, and the one who made lord belial special and knowledgeable in music?
Micke: That is a very hard question since it depends on what mood I am in, and what songs I like to play at the moment. I think most people like Enter the moonlight gate most.
- Our interview has come to an end, can you tell me and your fans about the latest news on the band and if you going to release something soon? Any last words for your fans?
Micke: We will release the new album REVELATION via Regain Records in the beginning of 2007, get it! Read all latest news at www.lordbelial.com and thanks for your support!!!
okay guys i would like to thank your for the precious time that you gave me in this great interview and i want to congrats Thomas with the Skull Strings thing best of luck.
Comments: 11 Visited by: 32 users
avatar of misery
| FOOCK Nam
Hits total: 6648 | This month: 24