Metal Storm logo
Lifelover

12.11.2006 - 21:57
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i remember reading a description of this band and thinking i was going to hate it but actually liked the sample mp3, bought it and was really impressed. combining depressing pop and more black-metallish moments it creates a very neurotic sound. strangely upbeat but with a depressing feel at the same time.

the cure is obviously a big influence and most likely, woods of infinity as well.

website + samples: http://www.lifelover.se/
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.11.2006 - 22:27
Zombie, M.D.
Their full length is great, reminds me alot of late Forgotten Woods/early Joyless with a bit of Katatonia for good measure.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
12.11.2006 - 22:31
Damnated
Churchburner
I remember checking these guys out some time ago, and I wasn't really impressed. I heard the song available on their site, and got the album after that, but never gave it a listen. their album cover is nice though
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.11.2006 - 01:51
Southern Wind
Account deleted
hahaha once again I have to disagree with Damnated...

I checked this band after Zombie's recommendation and it was really cool... fucked off, well done Bethlehem-esque music... well, I can't really stand Bethlehem because all the vocalists they had had annoy me after a while, but "Pulver" is a really interesting album that I love to listen to...

nd yes, the cover art is awesome.
13.11.2006 - 14:05
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
it'd be great if they released this on vinyl with a free A1 poster of the cover art.

i get the feeling that theres going to be a new wave of "happy" poppy black metal. amesouers, joyless, lifelover, (the new) nuit noire etc. euronymous will be rolling in his grave.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
13.11.2006 - 15:21
Damnated
Churchburner
the new nuit noire is happy?
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.11.2006 - 17:09
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
----

Read Watchmen.
13.11.2006 - 18:48
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by -tom- on 13.11.2006 at 17:09

id say so, yes: http://myspace.com/nuitnoireofficial

your right, and it sounds even better then the previous stuff from these guys. I guess ambient/bm is not the thing anymore. indie bm is
----

13.11.2006 - 20:05
Basso
Account deleted
The cover art was incredibly disgusting, The music however is.... intressting
13.11.2006 - 20:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
all you teenage perverted little boys!

Is it worth turning off my 'Scissor Scisters'?

I hope for ya.

damn, why doesn't this crap work. maybe it's me, i'm annoyed. I'll try later.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.11.2006 - 20:32
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Lucas on 13.11.2006 at 20:19

its not that good
----

Read Watchmen.
13.11.2006 - 20:52
Basso
Account deleted
This band sounds like a mixture of.... Mew (dk) and Katatonia (early)
14.11.2006 - 01:11
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Well, I don't know is "happy" would be a proper word... the feeling that Lifelover produced in me is similar to what you feel late in the night after highly self-destruvtive parties, feeling stunned and drunk to the ground and feeling a strange sensation that mixes melancholy with ecstasy....
14.11.2006 - 09:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by -tom- on 13.11.2006 at 20:32

Written by Lucas on 13.11.2006 at 20:19

its not that good

Damn, I already did. And then it didn't work. will try later.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.11.2006 - 18:31
Basso
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5080] on 14.11.2006 at 01:11

Well, I don't know is "happy" would be a proper word... the feeling that Lifelover produced in me is similar to what you feel late in the night after highly self-destruvtive parties, feeling stunned and drunk to the ground and feeling a strange sensation that mixes melancholy with ecstasy....

What the hell do you do at "self-destructive parties", isnt parties supposed to be fun?
14.11.2006 - 18:35
Damnated
Churchburner
isn't self destruction fun?
----

14.11.2006 - 20:27
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5394] on 14.11.2006 at 18:31

What the hell do you do at "self-destructive parties", isnt parties supposed to be fun?

fun is not black metal, you poser!
14.11.2006 - 21:15
Basso
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5080] on 14.11.2006 at 20:27

Written by [user id=5394] on 14.11.2006 at 18:31

fun is not black metal, you poser!

DAMN IT ! IM BUSTED!!!!

Well I suppose now when my cover is blown I can just aswell go back to the stuff I love the most. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE AND GREEN DAY!!!!!!!!
14.11.2006 - 21:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hey, Green Day is good. One of the most heavy bands around, that don't make just noise for the sake of making noise.

*Am I banned?*
----

14.11.2006 - 21:47
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Interesting direction this thread has taken.
----

Read Watchmen.
15.11.2006 - 00:09
Basso
Account deleted
haha Sorry for off topic. So basicly this is a swedish band , and im from sweden, cool huh?
(just had to say something about the topic..)
15.11.2006 - 11:14
Vakshay
Account deleted
Sounds extremely interesting but I've always wondered just what the hell is that thing on the cover, an inside out cadaver or something?

They never seemed to happy to me either what with the numerous pictures of slashed wrists and blood soaked band members.
15.11.2006 - 14:36
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by [user id=4838] on 15.11.2006 at 11:14

I've always wondered just what the hell is that thing on the cover, an inside out cadaver or something?

its a naked girl covered in blood. inside out cadaver?

its kind of happy in a delerious, bi-polar kind of way.

this band supposedly has members from different BM bands. the one has the same kind of corpse paint as the guy from silencer (who is also rumoured to be involved in new projects). i presume that it is him (and they're being obvious about it) or tryin to make people think its him (attract silener fans)
----

Read Watchmen.
15.11.2006 - 17:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
well, with my knowledge of the BM scene they probably want to attract silencer fans. like the entire velvet cacoon thing.

or maybe, our creative BM masterminds are running out of corpsepaint patterns.. maybe they should start to involve colours.
----

16.11.2006 - 04:12
Vakshay
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 15.11.2006 at 14:36

Written by [user id=4838] on 15.11.2006 at 11:14

I've always wondered just what the hell is that thing on the cover, an inside out cadaver or something?

its a naked girl covered in blood. inside out cadaver?

its kind of happy in a delerious, bi-polar kind of way.

this band supposedly has members from different BM bands. the one has the same kind of corpse paint as the guy from silencer (who is also rumoured to be involved in new projects). i presume that it is him (and they're being obvious about it) or tryin to make people think its him (attract silener fans)

I don't know why I thought that.....I don't think I ever looked close enough. I suppose a photo of an inside out cadaver would be rather hard to get as well....

So much for the Silencer dude being 'institutionalized'.
16.11.2006 - 14:33
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
well he may have been institutionalised and then released. however, im inclined to think that this is all bullshit to attract black metal fans that are amused by bullshit. ill post a few sentences from a recent lifelover interview later which are amusing.
----

Read Watchmen.
16.11.2006 - 14:46
Vakshay
Account deleted
Can't wait to read it haha.

I guess band promotions don't come much better than having a member instituionalized, take Stallaggh for example. Bet you anything if the vocalists were normal people it wouldn't have attracted half as much attention.

semi off topic there....
16.11.2006 - 15:52
Damnated
Churchburner
nah, I think that dude in Stalaggh actually is insane, maybe he didn't kill his mother, but still he's a nutjob.
----

16.11.2006 - 19:07
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
the guy in stallagh obviously is insane. they wanted to limit their next 7" to 100 copies but the minimum amount the pressing company were willing to make was 250, so they're just going to destroy 150 perfectly good EP's. or more likely, they'll say its limited to 100 and sell all 250.

Either way, they are tossers.
----

Read Watchmen.
17.11.2006 - 03:31
Vakshay
Account deleted
Serious? I read an interview with them and they said they want to 'spread their audio terror', so no more releases would be limited in the future.....

They do sound like tossers. Haven't got any of their albums though.