13 have it
3 want it

01. Inkaust
02. Shattered Vertebrae Of The Zodiac
03. Pregressed
04. Praefatio Pro Defunctis
05. Ansia

Additional info
Recorded at Studio 67 between May and June 2013.
Mixed, mastered and produced by Dominik Burzym.

All music amd arrangements by Mord'A'Stigmata.
All lyrics by Doom L. Voxmord Stigmator V'nderer.

Cover artwork and layout design by Marcin Gadomski.

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 33   Visited by: 83 users
03.01.2014 - 02:43
Rating: 8
Paz
Elite
Decent "post-black" shit is going on here. The highlight for me:

I love the middle part, when Rosetta-esque spacetime begins...
03.01.2014 - 15:22
Rating: 9
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 03.01.2014 at 02:43

Decent "post-black"

Typical Paz's "safe position" about things which isn't signed by staff.. For me definitely one of the most exciting album I've heard in the last year.
03.01.2014 - 15:39
Paz
Elite
Written by Góral on 03.01.2014 at 15:22

Typical Paz's "safe position" about things which isn't signed by staff..

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about... You may be surprised but I have a right to a different opinion than yours

Nothing groundbreaking here. THAT'S A FACT.
03.01.2014 - 15:55
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 03.01.2014 at 15:39

"You may be surprised but I have a right to a different opinion than yours"
03.01.2014 - 16:04
Paz
Elite
Written by Góral on 03.01.2014 at 15:55

"You may be surprised but I have a right to a different opinion than yours"

...so don't insult me next time and I'll be happy
03.01.2014 - 16:42
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 03.01.2014 at 16:04

Ease up and less stress my friend I really didn't know that it might offend you. Then, forgive me
03.01.2014 - 19:31
Diverge
I remember being moderately impressed when I heard it the first time. I'll have to relisten.
03.01.2014 - 21:07
no one
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 03.01.2014 at 15:39

have to agree with you here %100
03.01.2014 - 23:15
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Góral on 03.01.2014 at 16:42

Written by Paz on 03.01.2014 at 16:04

Ease up and less stress my friend I really didn't know that it might offend you. Then, forgive me

I might agree with, Pazdzioch that you were being kind of a passive aggressive douche with that original post. Do you know each other? If you truly are sorry then I'll tell you that that is ineffective communication.

I'm not trying to single you out though bro. you're great Just saying it seemed like difficult words, if you know what I mean. feel free to be as difficult as you want.
----
Coldgrits
03.01.2014 - 23:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
All I've learned from this thread is how fragile some people's self-esteem can be.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.01.2014 - 00:04
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.01.2014 at 23:36

All I've learned from this thread is how fragile some people's self-esteem can be.

Like a baby bird.
----
Coldgrits
04.01.2014 - 00:41
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by -DC-002- on 03.01.2014 at 23:15

I might agree with, Pazdzioch that you were being kind of a passive aggressive douche with that original post. Do you know each other? If you truly are sorry then I'll tell you that that is ineffective communication.

I'm not trying to single you out though bro. you're great Just saying it seemed like difficult words, if you know what I mean. feel free to be as difficult as you want.

Can you write more simply please? I can't catch the meaning
04.01.2014 - 00:46
Góral
Combo Breaker
But back to the album..

Maybe I'll start from the fact that "Ansia" is a Spanish word which means fear, lust, desire, sorrow or anguish. I think it's perfectly defines feelings that accompanied me while listening to this album.

It's not my goal to convince you guys to excellence of this album. I really rarely give such a high rating but for me this album is a real magic, hypnotic, schizophrenic, trance landscapes which acts on me like a drug. Musical-massacre, dehumanized space-emptiness that produces chills, and pierces to the bone. For a long time I wasn't so strongly absorbed. Here is no place for boredom, though the songs are a really > 10 min monsters. This confirms how much is "Ansia" polished and musical orderly.

Comparisons to Dodecahedron, Darkspace, Secrets of the Moon, Blut Aus Nord, Nachtmystium, Thaw or even Neurosis are certainly not unfounded, but I think that we have here an absolutely unique, psychedelic, industrial, progressive hybrid, who is hard to unambiguously and synthetically classify. I realize that this album will certainly scare many black metal purists, but I am convinced and I will defend my opinion that it's one of the most interesting experimental / black metal albums on the Polish scene in recent years. A damn good release, and giving the highest score is just a formality.
04.01.2014 - 01:15
Diverge
Written by Góral on 04.01.2014 at 00:46

Maybe I'll start from the fact that "Ansia" is a Spanish word which means fear, lust, desire, sorrow or anguish. I think it's perfectly defines feelings that accompanied me while listening to this album.

You would classify this as an album that induces fear into the listener? I'm not really sure I felt any of those sentiments when I listened to the album.
04.01.2014 - 02:07
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Diverge on 04.01.2014 at 01:15

I'm not really sure I felt any of those sentiments when I listened to the album.

And what are your feelings?
04.01.2014 - 04:41
Diverge
Written by Góral on 04.01.2014 at 02:07

Written by Diverge on 04.01.2014 at 01:15

I'm not really sure I felt any of those sentiments when I listened to the album.

And what are your feelings?

I don't really feel as if the album evoked any strong emotions. It was just solid, at points mind-blowing, material. The end of the second track in particular...
04.01.2014 - 08:17
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Góral on 04.01.2014 at 00:41

Can you write more simply please? I can't catch the meaning

It's OK buddy, you said you were sorry before all this . I may have been overreacting anyways. I just saw were Pazdzioch was coming from and didn't want him to feel crazy.
----
Coldgrits
04.01.2014 - 08:22
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
But this album. It's cool in some places for sure. Notable the ends chunks of the songs. Not that monumental overall though. One peeve I have with it is that it fallows a formula. It start off with OK black metal part for build up, then just kind of switches to the cool post stuff, so to me it feels a little disjointed. Good quality though and it's pretty good when it shines.
----
Coldgrits
04.01.2014 - 16:28
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by -DC-002- on 04.01.2014 at 08:22

It start off with OK black metal part for build up, then just kind of switches to the cool post stuff, so to me it feels a little disjointed.

I love this change of pace and unexpected steps towards a completely new landscapes. But I think you can find a method in this. Note that the whole album is in a certain sense "connected by buckle" - it starts aggressively with "Inkaust", almost 4 minutes of continuous blasts-attack (reference to previous releases?) and ends on " Praefatio Pro defunctis" (return to the starting point) and crowning the whole, calming, ambient outro. And in between? You can also find here elements of sludge, drone, or even progressive rock or jazz but you need to remember that we are talking about experimental areas. Although this album is very varied, the main building blocks are here hypnotic-trance passages that accompanies the listener constantly from beginning to end. Also pay attention that the group throughout the duration of the album is based mainly on traditional instruments. For this a very skilful and consistent track's placement, which enhances the whole impression.

And in this aspect, "Ansia" is certainly the consistent work.
04.01.2014 - 16:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Not taking sides here but it looks to me like Goral was the passive-aggressive one with his comment about Pazd being "safe" with his ratings. Pazd was defensive, not passive-aggressive.
04.01.2014 - 19:45
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by [user id=4365] on 04.01.2014 at 16:49

Not taking sides here but it looks to me like Goral was the passive-aggressive one with his comment about Pazd being "safe" with his ratings. Pazd was defensive, not passive-aggressive.

Twas what I was getting at, Goral was being a little passive aggressive.
----
Coldgrits
04.01.2014 - 20:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 04.01.2014 at 19:45

Twas what I was getting at, Goral was being a little passive aggressive.

Oh right, misunderstood you because of that rogue comma. Looking at the comment again it's clear what you meant
04.01.2014 - 22:43
Góral
Combo Breaker
I see that my person is for you guys more interesting here than Mord'A'Stigmata Call it what you like, but I really don't understand what is aggressive in speaking that someone is cautious in ratings, and respects staff's opinions. Though we know each other personally a few years, I'm surprised that Pazdzioch in such a way responded here. For my part, I can say for sure that I didn't want to offend my good friend. This is not an attack, just an encouragement for discussion and I am more than sure you Pazdzioch know what I mean. And if you still feel offended, I ask for pm Paz. And for others - I strongly urge again to listen to and appreciate this amazing album
16.02.2014 - 17:28
Rating: 7
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Just discovered this. Umm, shouldn't this be labeled "post black"? I hear a boatload of "post" characteristics. Don't know about their earlier stuff however.
----
rekt
17.02.2014 - 20:16
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by tea[m]ster on 16.02.2014 at 17:28

Umm, shouldn't this be labeled "post black"? I hear a boatload of "post" characteristics. Don't know about their earlier stuff however.

Each new album is a new experiment with genres. Generally, we talk about post/black/death/industrial hybrid. I classify it this way:

"Überrealistic" - blackened death/industrial
"Antimatter" - avangarde/experimental black metal
"Ansia" - post black metal/dark ambient (not as a separate genre, but as a supplement - in relation to many ambient inclinations)

Labeled here "blak metal" seems to be a considerable simplification.
10.01.2015 - 13:32
Rating: 7
Ilham
Giant robot
I didn't expect to find such drama when coming to cast my vote on this haha. I agree that the 'post' tag should be added. Indeed there is nothing in this album that was not done somewhere else, but they know how do it. Looking forward to the next one.
11.01.2015 - 17:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
There's definitely some shades of Blut aus Nord going here. Will listen properly at some point soon.
16.09.2016 - 13:58
Paz
Elite
Written by Ilham on 10.01.2015 at 13:32

drama

This is by far my favorite thread here.
26.01.2017 - 23:18
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 03.01.2014 at 02:43

Decent "post-black" shit is going on here. The highlight for me:

I love the middle part, when Rosetta-esque spacetime begins...

Wasn't Nihil from CSSABA and that project with the long name with the guitarist from Blindead involved with this project?
27.01.2017 - 08:36
Paz
Elite
Written by [user id=159927] on 26.01.2017 at 23:18

Wasn't Nihil from CSSABA and that project with the long name with the guitarist from Blindead involved with this project?

Nihil (except some guest vocals in 2011) and Havoc have nothing to do with this band.

Hits total: 4047 | This month: 2