Metal Storm logo
Bands with no bad albums in their whole career

18.01.2018 - 19:56
Baldmetal
Hey! What bands do u consider they dont never made a bad album? Its easy to see here in this web with all the ratings. My options:

Blind Guardian
Gojira
Avantasia

For explame I really love Amorpthis but in some point in the middle of their way they record a cpuple of not very good albums.
----
O_o
18.01.2018 - 20:30
VIG
Account deleted
Napalm Death. Easily. Probably the only band that never made a bad album imo.
18.01.2018 - 21:55
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Heavenwood and Zero Hour
18.01.2018 - 22:00
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Enslaved, Esoteric, Tool for example.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.01.2018 - 22:47
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Maco on 18.01.2018 at 22:00

Good picks.
18.01.2018 - 23:04
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Walknut and Weakling!
(Am I doing this right?)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.01.2018 - 23:24
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 18.01.2018 at 23:04

(Am I doing this right?)

Nope
19.01.2018 - 03:08
Baldmetal
Written by Maco on 18.01.2018 at 22:00

Tool, thats right. But 4 albums in 25 years is enough time to work with good songs.
----
O_o
19.01.2018 - 18:42
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Baldmetal on 18.01.2018 at 19:56

Gojira

Wrong
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
19.01.2018 - 20:40
VIG
Account deleted
Written by RaduP on 19.01.2018 at 18:42

Written by Baldmetal on 18.01.2018 at 19:56

Gojira

Wrong

Definitely. From Mars To Sirius is there only great album, everything else is average to decent
19.01.2018 - 21:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
The Link is freat as well as well as their latest.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.01.2018 - 23:18
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.01.2018 at 21:51

The Link is freat as well as well as their latest.

Actually yeah, those ones are pretty good. Terra Incognita as well. But The Way of All Flesh and L'Enfant Sauvage are not good at all.
20.01.2018 - 10:18
Capt. Fluntas
High on Fire, Meshuggah, Amon Amarth, Death
----
Life is one big meme.
20.01.2018 - 11:40
musclassia
Staff
I will never understand the dislike of The Way Of All Flesh - it's a long album and not every song is a hit, but it blows my mind that an album that contains Oroborus, Toxic Garbage Island, The Art Of Dying, Esoteric Surgery, Vacuity, and the title track could be considered not good.

On topic, I feel like these kinda questions need like a 5 album minimum to qualify. Personally I'd have Mastodon on here but understand differing opinions on their releases this decade, and I'd probably have Riverside, even if I think Love, Fear... was a notch below the previous albums. To be honest, I think there's a ton of bands that haven't released a bad record in their careers, it's more of a question if their weakest ones are substantially lesser than their best - that's why I'd be wary of putting Agalloch on here, even though I think The Serpent and The Sphere is a fine album, it's nowhere near The Mantle or AATG. Isis also qualify for this topic, but I much prefer Oceanic onwards to Celestial.
20.01.2018 - 21:16
metaladdicted
Account deleted
Allegaeon, Caligula's Horse, Coroner, Death Angel, Ghost, Immolation, Mastodon, Ne Obliviscaris, Nevermore, Riverside, Tool, Vektor
20.01.2018 - 21:51
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Drippy.Hippie on 20.01.2018 at 21:20

I can honestly say that I enjoy every release that Dimmu Borgir ever put out.

lmao poser
----
20.01.2018 - 22:07
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Drippy.Hippie on 20.01.2018 at 22:00

I beg your pardon?

I'm well aware that Dimmu Borgir are nowadays mallcore friendly, so to some degree it should be a sort of guilty pleasure.....But for your information, they're more-or-less the only Symphonic BM band whom I enjoy. When I was younger, I never enjoyed anything beyond their first three albums ('Enthrone Darkness Triumphant' is still one of the most impressive albums I've ever heard), but as I've grown older, I gave less of a shit about their supposed 'selling out', they're a truly talented band. I enjoy all their recordings from 'For All Tid' up to the present day. I'm just being true to my music taste which is subjective.

Also, If Morbid Angel hadn't released that gawd-awful Industrial record, I would have chosen them in a heart beat!

.........So don't you fucking judge me just because Dimmu aren't the same as they were in the '90s! I know who I am and you throwing around that label, 'poser' is misguided and daft as fuck!

EDIT: I guess Moonsorrow are another band who've never released a bad record, almost forgot about them.

Dimmu Borgir were never good
----
20.01.2018 - 23:36
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Title is a bit misleading.
There are many bands with no "bad" albums (huge disappointments, letdowns, misplays, etc) but far less that only put out excellent records. If we take longevity and number of outputs, I'm pretty sure the number of bands with 3 or less excellent albums is huge, spanning over 5+ years.

Moonsorrow is the only one that comes to my mind as the top band, considering longest career and number of outputs. I'm surprised nobody said Symphony X. Their "first" album which was really a demo is very good music-wise, just the vocalist was unfit for the role, and since then they never let anybody down (maybe except the hardcore prog-era fans). Also Shadow Gallery. And maybe Death.
----
21.01.2018 - 20:05
MetalDoomMaster
Windir
21.01.2018 - 23:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Celeste and Amenra comes to mind. Sure, both bands do not change their phormula throughout their discography but when the result is still so fucking punishing... I don't give a shit and love it anyways.

Also, I want to second Marco on Esoteric. Even the one demo they released is a fucking masterpiece.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.01.2018 - 23:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.01.2018 at 23:09

Also, I want to second Marco on Esoteric.

Yep, Marco was totally right
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
21.01.2018 - 23:34
VIG
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.01.2018 at 23:09

Also, I want to second Maco on Esoteric. Even the one demo they released is a fucking masterpiece.

Yeah, me as well.
22.01.2018 - 04:53
WayTooManyCDs
*Looks at Katatonia discography* Katatonia, there are a few that were weaker than others but each had something that keep them on the good end of things

and I'll second Shadow Gallery, they're amazing
22.01.2018 - 06:33
BetterThanRaw
Helloween, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Lost Horizon, King Diamond. Those are the first bands that comes to my mind.

And yes, I am well aware of the fact that Helloween chose to release two albums called Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon. And yes, I do love those albums
----
Kai Hansen über alles!
22.01.2018 - 18:49
Deviant
Just a few of my favorites that haven't been mentioned yet.

Mercyful Fate
Evergrey
3 Inches of Blood
Disturbed
Primal Fear
Skeletonwitch
Sanctuary
Pagan's Mind
22.01.2018 - 22:14
Baldmetal
Written by qlacs on 20.01.2018 at 23:36

Title is a bit misleading.
There are many bands with no "bad" albums (huge disappointments, letdowns, misplays, etc) but far less that only put out excellent records. If we take longevity and number of outputs, I'm pretty sure the number of bands with 3 or less excellent albums is huge, spanning over 5+ years.

Moonsorrow is the only one that comes to my mind as the top band, considering longest career and number of outputs. I'm surprised nobody said Symphony X. Their "first" album which was really a demo is very good music-wise, just the vocalist was unfit for the role, and since then they never let anybody down (maybe except the hardcore prog-era fans). Also Shadow Gallery. And maybe Death.

Thats idea. Bands not only with no bad albums, bands with all great records. And Moonsorrow is a good example!
----
O_o
23.01.2018 - 05:50
Insomnium = 7 albums with at least 8.4 rating or above
23.01.2018 - 07:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
If memory serves, Doc Godin did a thread like this some years ago and set up an all important minimum standard of 5+ albums. That minimum makes it far more intriguing for me. Bands might impress me with a brilliant album, but dropping one bomb (Weakling) isn't remotely as impressive as, say, Enslaved putting out a dozen or so great albums.

Aren't a lot of bands that I can think of that dropped 5+ that when in a metal mood I'd be happy to put on anything in their discography.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.01.2018 - 08:33
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ahab
24.01.2018 - 00:15
qqvmxffu
Motörhead