Metal Storm logo
Saxon

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 28.05.2006 - 17:57
One of the greatest heavy metal bands ever!!
Like somebody on www.metal-archives.com said they're amongst the top5 traditional metal bands...
Killing Ground is such a masterpiece!!
20.08.2006 - 16:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2084] on 20.06.2006 at 03:12

They totally need to come to Canada...I wanna see them live so bad because I heard they're awesome live...I found one of their albums in my house...Crusader...I haven't listened to it yet though...

Hawe you seen them live?
Next year thay come to Riga, I thinking about going, I duno in witch season thay comes, if in summer I go, but if in winter, how thay sounds live, its usefull take my ass out of houme and go see them live in winter?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.08.2006 - 19:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Kariasakis7: They haven't come to Canada in ages so no...I haven't seen them...does it really matter what season they come though?
20.08.2006 - 21:08
darkwithin
I didn't know them until I saw them at Graspop, but they were really great (and funny). I'm a fan since then. They are one of those classic metal bands.

Everyone should check out the album denim and leather. and the rest too ofcourse
----
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
20.08.2006 - 22:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2084] on 20.08.2006 at 19:56

@Kariasakis7: They haven't come to Canada in ages so no...I haven't seen them...does it really matter what season they come though?

Its soem good America, canadian bands dont come to Europe, same about Europeian bands and Australia its seems forgoten area and NY

For me, I dont want go to shoow in winter, when outside are - and cold, but I remeber in MS news or tour dates thay come in summer I think,
----

apos;'
[image]
22.08.2006 - 00:49
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Wheels of steel and metalhead are my favorites. Also Lionheart, i think Saxon is the greatest band, a lot aof changes in their lineup but is a great band, one of my favorites,
22.08.2006 - 16:35
Hellion
Written by Bad English on 20.08.2006 at 16:44

They totally need to come to Canada...I wanna see them live so bad because I heard they're awesome live...I found one of their albums in my house...Crusader...I haven't listened to it yet though...

Hawe you seen them live?
Next year thay come to Riga, I thinking about going, I duno in witch season thay comes, if in summer I go, but if in winter, how thay sounds live, its usefull take my ass out of houme and go see them live in winter?

One of teh best live band ever. take your scarves and gloves and go see 'em, they are legend ! ;-)
----
The gods I worship are steel, at the altar of Heavy Metal I kneel !
22.08.2006 - 16:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellion on 22.08.2006 at 16:35

Written by Bad English on 20.08.2006 at 16:44

Hawe you seen them live?

One of teh best live band ever. take your scarves and gloves and go see 'em, they are legend ! ;-)

I gonna dounlod soem live albums from them and probobly go to show, Denim and Letter it was you who send K7 to show
----

apos;'
[image]
24.08.2006 - 14:50
Hellion
U need lesson to the 3 parts of the eagle has landed so u know msot of teh trax they ll play and a good overview of their carreer.
----
The gods I worship are steel, at the altar of Heavy Metal I kneel !
24.08.2006 - 14:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellion on 24.08.2006 at 14:50

U need lesson to the 3 parts of the eagle has landed so u know msot of teh trax they ll play and a good overview of their carreer.

I know eagle has landed, I had seen in shops itm, and there are great tracks moustly all clasic songs of them, but this stuff cost a lot of money
----

apos;'
[image]
26.08.2006 - 22:16
GRIGAL
Account deleted
One of my favourite Saxon albums is "Rock The Nations"......I've never managed to find it on CD format though.....if it does exist on CD. This album is worth checking out even to listen to Elton John playing the piano at high speed.

Other Saxon favourites are "Crusader" and of course "Innocence Is No Excuse".

I've seen Saxon twice and agree that the band has recently returned to form. Long live Saxon!
19.11.2006 - 02:08
Baz Anderson
Staff
wow, it took me a while to find this thread. i didnt think there was one

so i didnt mention in here that a few weeks back now i got to see Saxon play their 'secret' show in Lincoln (i am SOO lucky because that is where i am living now, and no band ever comes here!)
so i got a very very personal performance from them as i was right at the front
i was so close to the band i could have touched them without extending my arm fully - it was so good being so close to them!!
after this very intimite set i waited around and got to have a good talk with the band! they are really nice people and it was so good of them to have the time for me and my friend (the only real metallers there seeing as they werent advertised to play there)
i got them to sign some things and talked with them for a while. it was so mindblowing!!

here is some stuff i got:

a card thing i got them to sign. Biff and Nigel havent signed this because they went before i got chance to talk to them again - but i talked to them when they first came out

i got seven plectrums!

and here are pictures of me and two members:

me and Nibbs - i spent msot time talking to him - i found out that he is from the same home town as me!! how cool is that! its only a small place, so we talked about that for a while

and me and Doug

i could have got a picture with Paul as well but i totally forgot to. oh well
i spent a long time talking to him as well
apparently he has been listening to the new Mastodon album and likes that

Biff and Nigel both said they were looking forward to touring with Masterplan as well and said they would see me again there!

of the albums.. my favorites.. at the moment i have to say my favorites are 'Dogs Of War' 'Power And The Glory' 'Solid Ball Of Rock' and the newest 'Lionheart'
21.11.2006 - 07:36
?Bodomchild?
Quote:
Quote:

how thay sounds live, its usefull take my ass out of houme and go see them live in winter?

Dude if i was you i bring tha ass to that show, i saw them alive (thank god) in The MetalWay Fest last year and was AWESOME !! if i hace that chance to see them again i will bring my ass to that show 8)
----
asd
21.11.2006 - 13:18
TheDamned
Account deleted
I can't wait to see them in march ,(hope there is more people than the last time , it was a bit sad to see the room half empty) and again at Wacken . They always put out a great show .And Denim and Leather live is great when sang along by the audience , . And Baz you're lucky : I'd like to talk to them , they seem really cool guys .
21.11.2006 - 13:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't like them, they're overestimated IMO
----
22.11.2006 - 04:31
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh, they are going on a campaign to try and get some younger fans and re-establish themselves as a top top metal band
Saxon fans have been dwindling in the past few years i guess - but they are doing this huge huge tour and stuff like the secret show i was lucky enough to see - all in order to be recognised as one of the top metal bands again, as they deserve to be!

Warman: what have you heard of them? if year heard some of their late eighties stuff you might not like it because that is a bit softer
'Lionheart' the new album is a fantastic album to get into them with, i would recommend that if you havent already heard it and are willing to give them another go
22.11.2006 - 04:39
danzig111
Account deleted
They are pretty alright

I like their music, the eighties stuff. It has a great old school vibe, It is cheesy-ish but quite fun!

I am not too fond of the more recent material to be quite honest But the early stuff is fucking really nice

DENIM AND LEATHER BROUGHT US ALL TOGETHER, IT WAS YOU THAT SET THE SPIRIT FREE!
23.11.2006 - 23:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 22.11.2006 at 04:39

They are pretty alright

I like their music, the eighties stuff. It has a great old school vibe, It is cheesy-ish but quite fun!

I am not too fond of the more recent material to be quite honest But the early stuff is fucking really nice

Try Dogs of War song its good and its yeah but this song are Hymn of Those who knows meaning of Deanim and Letter :bager2:
----

apos;'
[image]
24.11.2006 - 00:54
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 23.11.2006 at 23:37

Written by [user id=160] on 22.11.2006 at 04:39

They are pretty alright

Try Dogs of War song its good and its yeah but this song are Hymn of Those who knows meaning of Deanim and Letter :bager2:

is that a more recent song of theirs
24.11.2006 - 01:07
Baz Anderson
Staff
yep - 'Dogs Of War' is from 1995 - it is one of my favorite Saxon albums too
you should really look at 'Lionheart' though - thats the latest album and its one of their best in my opinion. i dont know why you would not like that..
24.11.2006 - 03:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.11.2006 at 01:07

yep - 'Dogs Of War' is from 1995 - it is one of my favorite Saxon albums too
you should really look at 'Lionheart' though - thats the latest album and its one of their best in my opinion. i dont know why you would not like that..

IMO from early Saxon great are those hits like ''Denim & Leather''' but from 90ties almoustr all are hard n heavy
IMO Dogs of War are like Grave Digger ''Tunes Of War'' its same emaning of album and those are best of bout bands

@Danzig111 in Saxon HP are some songs bad quality IMO 4.
----

apos;'
[image]
25.11.2006 - 04:50
danzig111
Account deleted
@K7: Saxon HP

......and i have not heard much Grave Digger.
26.11.2006 - 01:29
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
I like there stuff, i should listen to more of it, i love the song " And the band plays on ".
26.11.2006 - 17:44
okt31
Account deleted
I'm looking forward to see them in April. I'm very excited even now!
Rainmaker123 it's actually Played.. Great song, like the whoile Denim and Leather album, and all of their catalogue!
18.12.2006 - 08:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
The Wacken open air official website has/had a Saxon song (played live) for the intro, and i really like it, but I cant figure out what song it was....im pretty sure its off of 'the eagle has landed prt II'
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.12.2006 - 16:16
Baz Anderson
Staff
it will be part III - that has songs from Wacken 2005 on it
20.12.2006 - 16:23
danzig111
Account deleted
Is their 1979 debut any good? I seriously have not heard it.
21.12.2006 - 06:33
DeadElven
oh yeah!! 02.05.2007 - LTU, Vilnius!! at last some great band is coming to my town damn, I can't wait to see them

@Kariasakis7 : dude, come to Vilnius, you're most welcome
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
21.12.2006 - 17:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DeadElven on 21.12.2006 at 06:33

oh yeah!! 02.05.2007 - LTU, Vilnius!! at last some great band is coming to my town damn, I can't wait to see them

@Kariasakis7 : dude, come to Vilnius, you're most welcome

Thay be in rīga maybe I go watch Lithainia - Italy or France but I wanna see some Italian ultras,

@Danzig 111 I listen now ''Denim n Letter'' a nd I can say its realy good album, I like this album, better how leither albums, istvso alive and emotional, you shood get it if you're fan of NVOBhM
----

apos;'
[image]
21.12.2006 - 17:27
danzig111
Account deleted
oh and another question.......did they really cover a Judas Priest song I heard that they did but can find it nowhere on their discography . I have heard the cover and yes, it does sound just like them....but then why is it not feature on their discography?
21.12.2006 - 17:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 21.12.2006 at 17:27

oh and another question.......did they really cover a Judas Priest song I heard that they did but can find it nowhere on their discography . I have heard the cover and yes, it does sound just like them....but then why is it not feature on their discography?

Witch song if you woud etleist explain album, yera, its be easy or who knows maybe Judas Priest cover them song
----

apos;'
[image]