Metal Storm logo
Lifelover

Original post

Posted by -tom-, 12.11.2006 - 21:57
i remember reading a description of this band and thinking i was going to hate it but actually liked the sample mp3, bought it and was really impressed. combining depressing pop and more black-metallish moments it creates a very neurotic sound. strangely upbeat but with a depressing feel at the same time.

the cure is obviously a big influence and most likely, woods of infinity as well.

website + samples: http://www.lifelover.se/
13.03.2007 - 19:56
Zombie, M.D.
Thats kind of a bummer, the vocals were one of the high points of Pulver for me. The vocals on the sample from Erotik seem much less desperate and pained.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
13.03.2007 - 21:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I read a review on MA (yeah, not your best source) that the second one needs a bit more time to grow. Usually that's a good thing.

I received it today, and I can't wait till the night and listen to it!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.03.2007 - 01:54
Zombie, M.D.
I finally gave it a couple spins. Its not as drastically different as I had assumed it would be. The next logical step up from Pulver, I reckon. It seems the big difference here is how much more prominent "singing" vocals are. Killer cd, either way. The production is so much better, the sound of the hats and cymbals on Pulver kind of hurt my ears on headphones.

The booklet is massive too, some 18 pages.
----
16.03.2007 - 21:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah, but the paper they used was very thick, so it looks more than it actually is. [/whining]

I must say I like the album VERY MUCH as well. Have to admit, I think I like Pulver more, but this is a very worthy follow up. I really hope they stick to their current genre, with maybe a couple of more influences here and there. That'd be awesome.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.03.2007 - 23:25
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 16.03.2007 at 21:53

I really hope they stick to their current genre, with maybe a couple of more influences here and there. That'd be awesome.

the band is on hold status atm... Dont expect a new release to soon.
16.03.2007 - 23:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ah damn! Anyone knows why? Can't find anything on their site.
----

14.12.2007 - 06:00
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
you've gotta love the inlay on pulver, don't know if the cd version has the same as mine on vinyl, but i think so. anyway, lifelover is one of my fav. bands at the moment and i don't agree with most people who call it a woods of infinity ripp-off, lifelover is a class on it's own. kim is a brilliant vocalist, though i like his vocals more in his solo project hypothermia. ah and if someone is intersted in hypothermia stuff, 3 of their ltd. split-albums are still available over temple of darkness records, the last pieces so if you want this stuff on vinyl and/or cd, don't waste your time.
14.12.2007 - 21:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Checking that band out.
----

20.12.2007 - 23:44
Damnated
Churchburner
Been listening to Lifelover all day, and they grown on me. it might be their huge Shining or Coldplay influence, i'm not sure.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.12.2007 - 20:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Damnated on 20.12.2007 at 23:44

...or Coldplay influence...

I guess that's the reason I can't stand Lifelover at all. I truly hate anything Coldplay does.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2007 - 18:07
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2007 at 20:48

I guess that's the reason I can't stand Lifelover at all. I truly hate anything Coldplay does.

i'm not a fan either, but their influence is positive, imo. just look at shining.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
23.12.2007 - 18:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Damnated on 23.12.2007 at 18:07

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2007 at 20:48

i'm not a fan either, but their influence is positive, imo. just look at shining.

shining coldplay influences?

Never heard them there at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2007 - 18:45
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 18:12

mhm. since The Eerie Cold i can hear big Coldplay influence. if i remember correctly, Kvarforth even mentioned this in an interview.
----

23.12.2007 - 19:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Damnated on 23.12.2007 at 18:45

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 18:12

mhm. since The Eerie Cold i can hear big Coldplay influence. if i remember correctly, Kvarforth even mentioned this in an interview.

Could be very true. In this interview he states he listens mainly to Dido, Muse, Kent, Everlast nowadays, among others. I personally cannot exactly pinpoint the influences from Coldplay, but needless to say there are a lot of pop influences.
----

23.12.2007 - 22:36
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 19:03

Could be very true. In this interview he states he listens mainly to Dido, Muse, Kent, Everlast nowadays, among others. I personally cannot exactly pinpoint the influences from Coldplay, but needless to say there are a lot of pop influences.

ha, i've found the interview i was referring to previously. link
----

23.12.2007 - 22:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Damnated on 23.12.2007 at 22:36

Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 19:03

ha, i've found the interview i was referring to previously. link

E.B. - I think the best way to hail you is not to hail you. You can finish the interview as you prefer.

Kvarforth - No/

lulz. Thanks for that interview, but enough off-topicness now?
----

23.12.2007 - 23:23
Zombie, M.D.

Hellhammer looks like he just crawled out of a Street Fighter 2 arcade cabinet.
----
23.12.2007 - 23:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Haha, I would worry more about running into the bold guy whenever I'm in a dark alley. By the way, who is Kvarforth? The bold guy seems to look more like the "character", but he is not the "main man" in the picture.
----

23.12.2007 - 23:41
Sunioj
Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 23:25

By the way, who is Kvarforth?

Lead singer how Shining
23.12.2007 - 23:42
Zombie, M.D.
Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 23:25

Haha, I would worry more about running into the bold guy whenever I'm in a dark alley. By the way, who is Kvarforth? The bold guy seems to look more like the "character", but he is not the "main man" in the picture.

Kvarforth is the bald one. You would think for how flamboyant and attention starved he is that he would be center frame, eh?
----
23.12.2007 - 23:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Shit this thread is going nowhere. By the way, they are no longer "on hold" in their MA profile. I really, really hope they will release something again.

EDIT: Reading the first pages of this thread again, and frankly, this threads has never been much, though I laughed quite hard a couple of times.
----

24.12.2007 - 00:00
Zombie, M.D.
Indeed. I'm quite interested to see where they take it from Erotik.
----
24.12.2007 - 00:15
Damnated
Churchburner
lol, while reading the last posts i actually thought that this was the Shining thread. wieeerd.
----

24.12.2007 - 00:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Listening to Lifelover makes me cringe, not because it's bad or anything, but because it's so raw and evil that it makes me feel like doing something positive in the community to make myself feel better.
24.12.2007 - 01:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 24.12.2007 at 00:48

Listening to Lifelover makes me cringe, not because it's bad or anything, but because it's so raw and evil that it makes me feel like doing something positive in the community to make myself feel better.

Damn, you think it's THAT evil? I just want to roll in filth and fuck a hooker under the flickering streetlights, while there are dogs tripping on acid by my side.
----

24.12.2007 - 01:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I can't imagine my poodle on acid. When he's sober, he humps the air like a pervert when no one is close to him.

um, () is a stupid name. That's topic related, right?
24.12.2007 - 01:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
"()" must have a good sound to it. Not only is the name of one of the bandmembers, but also the title (or the "untitle") of one of Sigur Rós' albums. (of which Damnated current avatar is also, btw, from the Ágætis Byrjun album.)
----

24.12.2007 - 01:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, introducing yourself as Mr. "left parenthesis right parenthesis" is really cool, and it rolls off your tongue quite nicely. BTW, I dig the clean vocals.
24.12.2007 - 02:59
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Lucas on 24.12.2007 at 01:14

"()" must have a good sound to it. Not only is the name of one of the bandmembers, but also the title (or the "untitle") of one of Sigur Rós' albums. (of which Damnated current avatar is also, btw, from the Ágætis Byrjun album.)

when i first saw the name i immediately thought of Sigur Ros, but then i heard the band and figured that it must be a coincidence. too bad, though
----

25.12.2007 - 04:30
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 23:55

By the way, they are no longer "on hold" in their MA profile. I really, really hope they will release something again.

new album will be out in 2008 with a couple of new t-shirts.

talking about t-shirts, some pieces are available over obscure abhorrence. if someone is interested, you can buy a pulver t-shirt here.

Only in white.