Metal Storm logo
Saxon

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 28.05.2006 - 17:57
One of the greatest heavy metal bands ever!!
Like somebody on www.metal-archives.com said they're amongst the top5 traditional metal bands...
Killing Ground is such a masterpiece!!
21.12.2006 - 17:32
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.12.2006 at 17:26

Written by DeadElven on 21.12.2006 at 06:33

oh yeah!! 02.05.2007 - LTU, Vilnius!! at last some great band is coming to my town damn, I can't wait to see them

@Kariasakis7 : dude, come to Vilnius, you're most welcome

Thay be in rīga maybe I go watch Lithainia - Italy or France but I wanna see some Italian ultras,

@Danzig 111 I listen now ''Denim n Letter'' a nd I can say its realy good album, I like this album, better how leither albums, istvso alive and emotional, you shood get it if you're fan of NVOBhM

oh yes i should

But can you believe this now? In the U.S. there was this one record store I went in, it was a damn good store, but they didn't carry any of the CLASSIC Saxon albums . I think it is now rediculous that I must now resort to ORDERING an album by SAXON from the internet
17.01.2007 - 02:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 21.12.2006 at 17:32

Written by Bad English on 21.12.2006 at 17:26

Written by DeadElven on 21.12.2006 at 06:33

oh yeah!! 02.05.2007 - LTU, Vilnius!! at last some great band is coming to my town damn, I can't wait to see them

@Kariasakis7 : dude, come to Vilnius, you're most welcome

Thay be in rīga maybe I go watch Lithainia - Italy or France but I wanna see some Italian ultras,

@Danzig 111 I listen now ''Denim n Letter'' a nd I can say its realy good album, I like this album, better how leither albums, istvso alive and emotional, you shood get it if you're fan of NVOBhM

oh yes i should

But can you believe this now? In the U.S. there was this one record store I went in, it was a damn good store, but they didn't carry any of the CLASSIC Saxon albums . I think it is now rediculous that I must now resort to ORDERING an album by SAXON from the internet

Yeah im not sure what record stores are like over in europe, but here in north america its ridiculously limited, we usually only carry the latest album from bands like Saxon, we get plenty of fucking rob zombie and slipknot. Even Motorhead is getting rare at cd stores (other than ace of spades and kiss of death). Most of my best cds had to be ordered.

Anyways, I went and picked up 'the eagle has landed prt III' (which was hard enough to find here) and i must say its really good, the live version of 'solid ball of rock' is really powerful "thats alot of fucking power!"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.01.2007 - 22:19
okt31
Account deleted
Crap!!! Again!! The show is once again cancelled in Bucharest..... (((
Due local circumstances of local promoters we had to cancel the shows in Bucuresti, Tallinn, Vilnius & St. Petersburg.
20.01.2007 - 00:58
Jay
Perkele
I can't wait to see Saxon in Helsinki 05.05.2007.
I saw them 2006 in Ruisrock, Finland and they kicked ass.

Saxon is one of the best heavy metal bands ever...!
I like old Saxon, but I really love everything Saxon has done since Nibbs Carter joined the band. He just made a difference!
Lionheart kicks ass, hope the new album will also make my heart skip a beat
----
This one goes to 11
20.01.2007 - 14:46
okt31
Account deleted
Well, Saxon rules beyond imagination and I wanted to see them with any price.. Oh, fuck..
22.01.2007 - 23:45
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I just get my cd of killing ground with remastered pieces of their past records, and is really a great disc, i really enjoy it from bedinning to end, biff is the best!!! Someoan told me that ozzy is better than him, but the true is that byford have a such talet .
23.01.2007 - 19:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
i love Saxon - but i dont understand what is making 'Killing Ground' so popular?
i dont really hear anything special with that album..
24.01.2007 - 00:09
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I like a lot Killing ground, and i like it because the lyrics and the music, is very heavy-epic haha!!
24.01.2007 - 15:25
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
In a few months they are coming for 2 live shows in Greece(Thessaloniki+Athens)
cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22.02.2007 - 12:39
okt31
Account deleted
Written by [user id=160] on 20.12.2006 at 16:23

Is their 1979 debut any good? I seriously have not heard it.

It really is. It's not better than Wheels of Steel or Strong Arm or any real classic album of theirs, but still..
She's a big teaser!! You should get it, it's quite good. And besides that, what other metal abum was there on the scene in '79? Priest and Accept, and the even earlier Sabbath stuff. So it's pretty important for the age of it.
Any views on their latest, The Inner Sanctum?
I like it a lot, it will definitely grow on me..
22.02.2007 - 12:45
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 23.01.2007 at 19:55

i love Saxon - but i dont understand what is making 'Killing Ground' so popular?
i dont really hear anything special with that album..

It's got the perfect balance between everything: melody (the King Crimson cover), speed (title track, Dragon's Lair), epicness (Shadows on the Wall), headbangability (title track again), rockish sensibility (You Don't Know and a couple of other moments) and instant hits (Deeds of Glory)..
Metalhead was slower and Lionheart just too fast for a classic heavy metal band, it's Germanic power metal already and it doesn't fit extremeley well to Saxon.. I'm glad they went back to a slower sound on the new one..
22.02.2007 - 12:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vinnie R. on 24.01.2007 at 00:09

I like a lot Killing ground, and i like it because the lyrics and the music, is very heavy-epic haha!!

Lyrics well early Saxon was more better ewven lyricaly in NWObHM ere specely 'Denim n Lether' just now I love 'Princes Of The Night' song
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.02.2007 - 13:50
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Just got 5 Saxon CDs from the local liberary...haven't listened to them yet, but when I have, I'll return with an opinion on the band
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
22.02.2007 - 13:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
which five are they??
they do have a few that I wouldnt really call fantastic.. so I hope you dont have any of them
25.02.2007 - 14:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
I can't wait to see Saxon alive... yipiiii
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
25.02.2007 - 14:39
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh - I would have been seeing them in just a week or two, but Biff's infection has put the tour back.. so now it is more like two months and a couple of weeks..
I just hope I dont have an exam around then.. because I think thats when mine are..
oh well - I dont suppose he could have prevented getting the infection so I just hope when he is well he can give it 100%
25.02.2007 - 18:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 25.02.2007 at 14:14

I can't wait to see Saxon alive... yipiiii

You will se ethem me to thay come here bit IM not
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.03.2007 - 17:15
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.02.2007 at 13:55

which five are they??
they do have a few that I wouldnt really call fantastic.. so I hope you dont have any of them

Come on, I guess you don't hate Destiny.. It's not as heavy as the others but it rules in its own way. So does Rock the Nations and Innocence Is No Excuse, too.
Saxon is always great..
17.03.2007 - 09:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
with "the Eagle has landed prt III" the exact opposite of what usually happens to me has happened with this album, the more I listen to it the less I like it, it seems every time I play it the songs get less and less powerful. Shame, because I was really excited about this album when I first bought it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.03.2007 - 02:17
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I recently got The Inner Sanctum and I LOVE IT! It's the first Saxon I've heard ever and I can't believe it's taken me this long. This album is full of emotion and meaning, and tons of fun, all at the same time!

I'll be checking out Dogs of War and Lionheart next, that seems to be what you guys recommend, no?

I love discovering great new (to me) bands that already have a huge discography; it's like a buried treasure of metal!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
18.03.2007 - 14:29
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Susan on 18.03.2007 at 02:17

I recently got The Inner Sanctum and I LOVE IT! It's the first Saxon I've heard ever and I can't believe it's taken me this long. This album is full of emotion and meaning, and tons of fun, all at the same time!

I'll be checking out Dogs of War and Lionheart next, that seems to be what you guys recommend, no?

I love discovering great new (to me) bands that already have a huge discography; it's like a buried treasure of metal!

I know the feeling.. I felt the same not long ago with Riot...
I recommend zou Denim and Leather.. That's a masterpiece.. And it's also big classic..
Get a live album to cover their career in profiles..
21.03.2007 - 01:22
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Susan on 18.03.2007 at 02:17

of old albums, I recommend 'Power And The Glory' and 'Strong Arm Of The Law'
but yeh.. I prefer 'Solid Ball Of Rock' to 'Dogs Of War' but that still is a good album..
21.03.2007 - 03:36
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I ordered Dogs of War yesterday - the next step in building my collection! I'll post back in a few days when it arrives
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
22.03.2007 - 00:05
Charly546
Dogs Of War wasen't that good album (IMO), some good songs, but the rest are below average. But many of their earlier releases, from Wheels Of Steel to Power And The Glory are absolutely brilliant. Whit very few weak songs, those will always be my favorites.
27.03.2007 - 18:15
GT
Coffee!!
Staff

which five are they??

The albums are Crusader, Destiny, Dogs Of War, Saxon and Wheels Of Steel. Haven't listened to it much yet, but the few tracks I've heard haven't been that good
----

27.03.2007 - 18:21
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by GT on 27.03.2007 at 18:15

which five are they??

The albums are Crusader, Destiny, Dogs Of War, Saxon and Wheels Of Steel. Haven't listened to it much yet, but the few tracks I've heard haven't been that good

no, I cant say I am a big fan of 'Crusader' or 'Destiny'
also 'Saxon' isnt really too flashy because its their first album
'Wheels Of Steel' and 'Dogs Of war' are good albums though.. so I would suggest you gave those two the most attention
27.03.2007 - 18:44
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Baz Anderson: cheers...I'll concentrate on those two then
----

17.05.2007 - 16:43
Baz Anderson
Staff
I just saw them last night!! I wrote a little summary in this thread because I am not doing a concert review for it..
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=23
19.06.2007 - 15:31
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A 19-minute audio interview with Saxon frontman Biff Byford, conducted recently by Norway's Metal Express Radio has been posted online at this location. Enjoy.
07.07.2007 - 15:55
Imraghil
I like the last album. I heard from my dad that Saxon made in the past not so great music. But now they make great music!