Metal Storm logo
Lifelover

Original post

Posted by -tom-, 12.11.2006 - 21:57
i remember reading a description of this band and thinking i was going to hate it but actually liked the sample mp3, bought it and was really impressed. combining depressing pop and more black-metallish moments it creates a very neurotic sound. strangely upbeat but with a depressing feel at the same time.

the cure is obviously a big influence and most likely, woods of infinity as well.

website + samples: http://www.lifelover.se/
25.12.2007 - 13:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
That t-shirt is pretty nice. I'm not really into band shirts anymore, but since it's white and pretty nice I'm willing to buy it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.12.2007 - 11:16
BlackMin
Account deleted
The description sounds really interesting, must check them asap since im pretty much into The Cure and black metal in general.
27.12.2007 - 08:18
FOOCK Nam
Those pictures in the T-shirts is very nice, calmly most ever I have seen in metal T-shirt. But I prefer black T-shirt with same pics.
28.12.2007 - 16:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I ordered the longsleeve myself.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.06.2008 - 19:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hehe, I wonder if the song "M/S Salmonella" is based on what I think it is. That title actually made me look up the band. You see, when I go on my cruises to Finland every month we always travel with the same ship (which rhymes with Salmonella), M/S Amorella.
----
17.06.2008 - 03:04
Puff
The Forlorn
Im surprised by the popularity this band as gained in such a small period of time.
A popularity well deserved nonetheless.
----
14.07.2008 - 21:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
Confused when so many thinks this sound "happy". Maybe it's because I understand the lyrics... they sure are insane/depressive. I just can't turn off "Pulver", one of my best purchases this year. I MUST have "Erotik". My friends (even the non-Metalheads) all cheered when they heard of M/S Salmonella.
----
14.07.2008 - 22:19
Sunioj
Damn, I don't think this band is happy at all. It sounds, desperate, restless, stomach churning and whatnot. It's been a damn long time since I put on Pulver or Erotik, and its about time to!
15.07.2008 - 15:37
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Just sold the first CD for £48GBP (about $96USD). GoatoWarex still has hundreds of copies apparently.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
15.07.2008 - 15:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by -tom- on 15.07.2008 at 15:37

Just sold the first CD for £48GBP (about $96USD). GoatoWarex still has hundreds of copies apparently.

Huh? Pulver?!
----

15.07.2008 - 18:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 14.07.2008 at 21:46

Confused when so many thinks this sound "happy". Maybe it's because I understand the lyrics... they sure are insane/depressive. I just can't turn off "Pulver", one of my best purchases this year. I MUST have "Erotik". My friends (even the non-Metalheads) all cheered when they heard of M/S Salmonella.

Agree... Lifelover isn't happy at all. It's completely insane shit [Very funny lyrics but they weren't deppresive for me tbh] and like you said is also one of my best purchases this year along with the two cds of Acid Bath... You don't have any idea how much I love you because you put the locations from Repulsive Records !!! When I saw those 3 cds I was like... "Motherfucker... no way!!! "
Damm... Thanks to that place.. I',m broke now!!!
Pulver is also... The most sickest shit I have on my discography when it comes to artwork, I'm fucking proud of it jajajajajjaja

Back on topic, Have you guys listened to the sample of the upcoming album titled "Konkurs" ?
It sounds very good.
Here's the link, You just have to download the shit.
The screaming at the start was a big surprise jajajajja..

I hope this guys will hurry up since I would like to have Erotik and the new album as well...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.07.2008 - 20:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
sounds good. the keyboards are a little overdone though.
----

15.07.2008 - 22:24
ylside
Staff
The new samples sound to my likingsl... still didn't check Erotik. One band I had to check quite long ago, and didn't until I saw your shirt Lucas lol.
15.07.2008 - 22:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Lucas on 15.07.2008 at 20:15

sounds good. the keyboards are a little overdone though.

Yeah they were over the entire song almost but they were beautiful tbh...
But... The guy murmur "Finns ingen svar" [There is no answer...] was scary as hell IMO
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.07.2008 - 14:37
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Lucas on 15.07.2008 at 15:50

Written by -tom- on 15.07.2008 at 15:37

Huh? Pulver?!

yep
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
17.07.2008 - 17:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
It's going to get released, perhaps I should sell my copy too.
----

17.07.2008 - 18:34
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
It doesn't need to be reissued if Goato still has hundreds. I heard this some time after he stopped replying to e-mails so should still have them (This was only a few months after the second press).
----

Read Watchmen.
17.07.2008 - 20:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by -tom- on 17.07.2008 at 18:34

It doesn't need to be reissued if Goato still has hundreds. I heard this some time after he stopped replying to e-mails so should still have them (This was only a few months after the second press).

I got that information from a dude that worked for Osmose, at Hellfest. He told me so after he saw me wearing a Lifelover shirt. (In the press area, so I take it he was not bullshitting). Perhaps they do not know about Goatowarex, and vica versa.
----

19.07.2008 - 00:37
Coté
I wouldn't have known the band if it wasn't for my brother (Mr.Doctor).

I haven't even listened to a completed ong but my brother said that it had some pop influence. He tried to remember the band who has those sounds and then came up it sounded a bit like coldplay. When I heard the beginning it came up like a bucket of cold warter.

I'll listen to the hole thing soon.
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
28.07.2008 - 20:41
Ennui
Written by -tom- on 17.07.2008 at 18:34

It doesn't matter much that he has hundreds if he doesn't reply to e-mails from people who wants to buy them though..
29.07.2008 - 01:13
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
At some point he'll sell them. It doesn't need to be reissued because it's only temporarily unavailable.

Though I suppose with the way ebay hype works it could still do with a reissue.
----

Read Watchmen.
01.08.2008 - 15:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
I just heard "Mental Central Dialog" and I think it's amazing! Currently searching for "Erotik" on Swedish websites, can't find it. Gonna ask Repulsive Records if they can order it for me and also to make sure that they get some copies of the upcoming "Konkurs".
----
01.08.2008 - 21:03
TheBigRossowski
I don't know how I feel after listening to that. My feelings are mixed, I do have to say it was a weird experience. I don't know, I need to sit down and digest a full album to form an opinion of this kind of thing. Weird stuff..
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.08.2008 - 20:42
Lucia90
Mental Central Dialog is awesome, been a fan of Lifelover for a while now though.
But I can't find (girlie)shirts online anywhere, does anyone have an idea where I can buy one?
04.08.2008 - 21:07
TheBigRossowski
Written by Lucia90 on 04.08.2008 at 20:42

Mental Central Dialog is awesome, been a fan of Lifelover for a while now though.
But I can't find (girlie)shirts online anywhere, does anyone have an idea where I can buy one?

Search through google, I honestly just searched and didn't come across anything though! Maybe at a concert you can find one. Typically, they sell a plethora of band shirts. And usually....Christhunt productions has a LOT of crap, but they only have a CD from them band.

And I feel it now, this band is definitely not for me....
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
05.08.2008 - 20:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 04.08.2008 at 21:07

And I feel it now, this band is definitely not for me....

Is a matter of love-it or hate-it.
Special [to say the least] stuff indeed

Specially the vocals, not for everyone... The weird passage can also be a "turn off" thing for some people... But those sounds are what I love from this band.
----
Rod, let me love you.
30.08.2008 - 20:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!! I can go on forever!!! Lifelover will play their first show 28/09!!! At one of my favourite pubs!!! Will I be there... OR WHAT???
----
30.08.2008 - 21:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 30.08.2008 at 20:32

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!! I can go on forever!!! Lifelover will play their first show 28/09!!! At one of my favourite pubs!!! Will I be there... OR WHAT???

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Where? O.O
----
Rod, let me love you.
30.08.2008 - 21:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 30.08.2008 at 21:18

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Where? O.O

Harry B James here in Stockholm!
----
30.08.2008 - 21:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 30.08.2008 at 20:32

If it's at a pub you'd better get ticket for it right now or it will be sold out quickly.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996