Metal Storm logo
Anubis Gate

20.04.2008 - 18:14
Philaenas
Account deleted
Hm, I didn't see a topic yet for this particular band. If there is, feel free to delete it . I have been listening to the album A Perfect Forever and must say that I am impressed by the skills of this band. Solid guitarwork and very nice vocals/song stuructures. The similarity to especially Pagan's Mind comes to mind rather quickly as well. However, I do not immediately think this to be a bad thing, since I happen to like Pagan's Mind a lot . Any one else want to express their opinion on this Danish band?
21.04.2008 - 01:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know band but im not fan of such music, sorry not my band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.05.2008 - 12:23
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I was really looking forward to see them live in October, but unfortunately they've cancelled their apperance, so know I have to check them out on CDs/mp3s instead.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.01.2009 - 15:10
I think Anubis Gate finally found there direction with Andromeda Unchained ,it is one of my favourite
Prog Albums ever. Incredible musicianship and great depth and feeling.There new release is high on
my list of anticipated albums of 2009.I can't wait!!
----
THE VENOM TEARS MY SPINE
30.01.2009 - 15:09
Only a few weeks to go!!!

Anubis Gate - The Detached 27/2/2009

Awesome.......Bring it on!!!!
----
THE VENOM TEARS MY SPINE
01.02.2009 - 10:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've heard an album by Anubis Gate...Andromeda Unchained...great album...
25.03.2009 - 07:20
Now we've had to wait an extra month let's hope it's only a few days to go.I've already heard 1 track and it rocked , this album is goin' to be incredible!!
----
THE VENOM TEARS MY SPINE
26.03.2009 - 15:20
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I might get to see them live anyway since they've just been confirmed for the ProgPower Scandinavia pre-party
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.03.2009 - 10:14
You guys are so lucky we will never see them in Australia
----
THE VENOM TEARS MY SPINE
03.04.2009 - 02:09
Crazy Booduh
Anubis Gate is great, and I think they've really progressed with each album. A Perfect Forever seemed like a natural progression from Purification, but with Andromeda Unchained they really stepped it up and created something new and original.

Really looking forward to their new album, hopefully it comes out in the states soon enough
07.04.2009 - 16:46
The new album is incredible. I really need to give it more time to decide just how incredible though ,I'm
going through the same thing with the new Mastodon album but Iv'e found that over the years the
albums that have taken longer to fully appreciate have always been the greatest of all.
----
THE VENOM TEARS MY SPINE
13.05.2009 - 07:53
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I had some good hopes for the new album, as their previous effort was really interesting to me, but was just didn't stick in my mind the way I wanted it to. However! The new album is just great It feels slightly heavier and I think the concept is more appealing for me too. I don't think the band has released a bad album yet, but for me, "The Detached" is already my favorite. I should have my retail copy within a week or so!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
26.04.2010 - 08:36
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
So I've just been discovering Anubis Gate over the last few weeks. I'm completely hooked. The Detached is a BEAUTIFUL piece of metal music... one of the best of 2009 I'd have to say. What a purely awesome album! The Detached is progressive metal that never stops being classically melodic and.. what's the word.. accessible? No.. engaging. This music is so engaging. After only a few listens I had songs stuck in my head, and every time I hear the album I notice new things musically. Lots of talent here, damn.

This is a band I'd like to get into, not just the album. I got Andromeda Unchained and have been working backwards from there. Another solid album, but The Detached has my heart for now
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
26.04.2010 - 09:11
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Andromeda Unchained is one of my favorite albums of all-time, no matter how much I listen to it, I always enjoy it. I have yet to hear The Detached, I will have to get that soon.
28.04.2010 - 00:58
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Susan on 26.04.2010 at 08:36

So I've just been discovering Anubis Gate over the last few weeks. I'm completely hooked. The Detached is a BEAUTIFUL piece of metal music... one of the best of 2009 I'd have to say. What a purely awesome album! The Detached is progressive metal that never stops being classically melodic and.. what's the word.. accessible? No.. engaging. This music is so engaging. After only a few listens I had songs stuck in my head, and every time I hear the album I notice new things musically. Lots of talent here, damn.

This is a band I'd like to get into, not just the album. I got Andromeda Unchained and have been working backwards from there. Another solid album, but The Detached has my heart for now
Welcome to the bandwagon (= Anubis Gate definitely deserves more attention. The Detached is definitely in my 2009 top 20 and for me, the song Yiri is absolutely amazing. Andromeda Unchained was a lot harder to get into and required a fee more spins, but once I got into it, it offered a lot of depth which I really dig. However, I don't really like their first two albums. Jacob Hansen really made the difference.
----
loves 小巫
28.04.2010 - 05:13
Archetype
The Detached is just a fascinating release. There's just something about it that flows and works so well. Not to mention the interesting and different-from-usual lyrics. I know that I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for future releases.
28.04.2010 - 17:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Really love this band! <3 ''A Perfect Forever'' was the first I heard, and I was instantly hooked! ''The Detatched'' is an amazing album which both manages to be accessible, and proggy for most of its length, which is a feat. lol ''Andromeda Unchained'' as Silver Foxy mentioned, is a hard album to get into, but when you do, it just completely blows you away. Amazing album! The first album is the only one I dont really like. It just sounds mostly dull to me, and the intricate, exciting riffs of their other albums are mostly abscent on it.
29.04.2010 - 03:31
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Great to see some reactions about "The Detached" here finally I love the concept of the album; it's introspective yet also worldly, yet nothing seems forced or cliche. And some of those guitar and vocal melodies are outright invigorating! I know lots of bands try to play this style well, but so few do it with class and a personal touch like this. This is one of those releases that made it without question into my top 100 of the decade, but also I feel in a few years from now, it may make its way up the list as well.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
31.01.2012 - 16:04
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
An off-topic way to resurrect this thread but after hunting for some old thrash albums I found an interesting bit of trivia: Jacob Hansen was the vocalist for a thrash band by the name of Invocator. I recognized the name after having heard and really enjoying 'The Detached'.
Anyway some great technical thrash.

Oh and what did everyone make of the new self titled album with Hansen's departure?
01.02.2012 - 04:20
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
^Cool trivia tid-bit!

About the new album: I like it but it took me a while to get into. The Detached is still my favorite but the self-titled is working its way up and showing its quality. The Detached had something extra in the songwriting that I have yet to discover with the ST... BUT it's still the same band doing beautiful things. I don't think Hansen's departure had much to do with it. They didn't bring in anyone new, and Hansen is still working on the production end.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs