Metal Storm logo
ShamRain

23.04.2008 - 12:22
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
this is my favorite band
the band from Finland , I really like their music and vocalist that called Mika Tauriainen , u know he is vocalist in Entwine too but I think he is so good and dominant in shamrain
and they always use keyboards that really alive this band

If u know about this band , plz make discussion about band , music and their way
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
07.06.2008 - 16:27
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I think this is so great interview , enjoy fans : ( Briefly , just superior part )

MEM: About your name... There is this Celtic harvest feast called Samhain which translates to "end of summer" and is connected with witches and ghosts, the Celts celebrate the end of the harvest then and that tradition is nowadays carried on by Halloween feasts etc. - Is your band name a wordplay of the word Samhain?

Kalle: No, actually it's just two words, "sham" and "rain". I think it was first "sham" only and there kind of needed to be another word added and it sounded cool, so?

Mika: Yeah. It was Matti's idea. He said: "Okay, ShamRain." I was like: "What is it?" "Nothing, but it sounds cool. I like it." And we were: "Okay." (laughs) No deeper meaning in that.

MEM: It's Matti who writes the songs??

Mika: The most of it, but Kalle writes as well.

Kalle: I'm writing songs or music too, and also lyrics to my own songs. But mainly Matti.

Mika: And I'm kind of the producer of the lyrics.

Kalle: Yeah, Mika arranges the vocal lines and creates melodies for vocals.

Mika: The thing is, sometimes it can be like "Okay, this chords, it is going to be the verse, it works better" Changes in the lines and stuff like that?

MEM: Reason I was asking is because the next question is lyric related. What do you usually do to get inspired for the lyrics? Maybe walk over graveyards at nights?

Kalle: (laughter) No, no, it's nothing like that. It also comes quite natural to write about such things. I get these lyrics from books I read, movies. Some lyrics are real life experiences inspired, but their stories are kind of lived in a different way, so that you can't recognize them anymore.

Mika: Fact and fiction.

Kalle: Mostly fiction.

Mika: (laughs) Liar!

MEM: What do you do when you have a really bad time within the band? Do you rather fight and not speak to each other for ages, or is everything solved right away in discussions?

Mika: We don't fight so much, yet. Sometimes we did, but?

Kalle: We've had some fights in the studio last summer.

Mika: Yeah, we did!

Kalle: (sheepishly) It was kind of horrible.

Mika: Everybody was like "I want this." "And I want this!" "Oh, fuck you!" "Fuck off!" But it's just - I think it's pretty natural. Everybody is so, kind of nervous all the time, because everybody wants the album to sound the best, you know. And if you have different opinions it's always like banging your heads against the wall. But we're not actually fighting so much. Maybe that's because we're not so much together. (laughter) Should be more, you know.

MEM: What do you think about people who come from abroad to see you?

Mika: Oh, it's nice.

Kalle: Yeah, it's really cool. It shows some kind of deep devotion to come from so far.

Mika: But of course, there's like our album releasing party, we had to cancel it a couple of weeks ago, because I got totally sick (A/N: It was actually a week before this interview and is rescheduled for 14 December) and I was lying in bed for three or four days, I couldn't do anything. I'm still sick. You can hear it in my voice and I'm all the time sneezing and coughing like hell. In those situations, it feels very bad because there were those people coming from Spain, from Germany and probably a couple from? (looks at Kalle for help)

Kalle: Russia.

Mika: Russia, yeah. But actually, I got to see two girls from Spain, because I was talking to them, "Okay, you can come and I can come out of my apartment for a couple of minutes and talk to you", because they had a DVD of Entwine, the last - last December in Madrid, they had that and I stayed out for 10 or 15 minutes and they were kind of pleased.

But I felt so bad. It feels very bad. And it's not the first time I had to cancel, because the last year has been very hard for me because of my throat and stuff like that. And I think it started last year after Entwine's Fatal Design album. I have had a lot of shitty things with my throat. And it is what it is, you know.

But it's nice that people are coming to see us.

How does it make you feel when people are very moved by your lyrics and they tell you that? Like when they have problems and your lyrics have helped them.

Kalle: It feels really good. When someone is saying "This song has helped me through" or "This song is the best I've ever heard" or something, it feels really good to get such feedback.

Mika: For me, it's personally the main thing, when you hear something, that somebody says "This song helped me to realise something" or "go through a lot of shitty things" or "I got very good vibes from this" or whatever. That's why I do music, to get something more out of it, to realize you're not alone with your shitty things. That's what it's all about for me, personally.

Kalle: And it's nice, since our lyrics mean so much to us, when someone else also finds them important. So it feels good.

MEM: do you believe in life after death?

Mika: Depends. I guess? Yes and no. It depends what the life is after death, and if there is, where is it, you know. Is there a heaven, is it that your spirit just goes to some place and wanders around or is it left in here to check on the living people, trying to help them or whatever it is. But I really do believe that we do have a soul. Because if you see a dead person. When it's lying in a coffin, it's only a kind of a - what is it? - a shell. There's no life in it, it's just like a statue or something. So, there's no life? Yeah, there's no life, when you're dead. (laughter) But you know what I mean, immediately it's not a person anymore, it's just some "thing". That's why I believe that your soul leaves your body and where it goes, you never know. Everybody can believe where it's going. I really don't know. Probably there is a heaven and hell, but this is different for everyone.

Kalle: This is too serious a question for me right now, I'm a bit hangover. (laughter)

Mika: (still pondering) Where do we go? Somewhere. (smiles)

refrence : http://madeyedmoose.blogspot.com/2007/12/shamrain-gloria-helsinki-01122007.html
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
25.06.2008 - 19:48
FOOCK Nam
I like them, dark rock. Have you heard of Mana Mana, also from Finland. Are they both similar each other?
25.06.2008 - 21:40
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Written by FOOCK Nam on 25.06.2008 at 19:48

I like them, dark rock. Have you heard of Mana Mana, also from Finland. Are they both similar each other?

I didnt heard that band , would u explain about that & link their site or information
I'm big fan of shamrain , what about u ? i guess every ppl in this site ( didnt like them or didnt know them )
----
26.06.2008 - 18:22
FOOCK Nam
Im new to ShamRain, not sure if Mana Mana is similar, only clue is that both bands music are labeles as atmospheric. I have found ShamRain, through similar bands to Entwine, End Of You, Sentenced, Poisonblack,... I would dig more Shamrain stuff.
28.06.2008 - 10:55
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Written by FOOCK Nam on 26.06.2008 at 18:22

------

I offer to u go by shamrain , this so great band that we must be a big fan for them . their musics r Mesterpiece in atmospheric & Depressive case , specially first album . but I dont know why ppl take away form that
----
22.07.2008 - 10:39
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I heard one week ago about some update from band but didnt say on MS band
however , I hope be a great album just like before . I really cant wait for this masterpiece

check the band's artbook that must be good thing
----
08.08.2008 - 14:20
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
who knows ! tab for shamrain's songs ? I really need it
----
31.01.2009 - 11:16
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Check the new EP of Kalle's new band (SCARLET YOUTH)."Breaking the Patterns" EP will be released in march 4th 2009 and it contains 6 songs (approx 26 min.) of shoegazing/pop/alternative music in a vein of Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, The Smashing Pumpkins etc.

Tracklist :
1. Gleaming Endless Ocean
2. Wave Goodbye
3. Tokyo Daydreamer
4. High on Sky
5. Before the Surface Breaks (Vocals by Tuire Lukka / Pooma)
6. Sunshine Girl

Line-up:
Markus Baltes - Vocals
Kalle Pyyhtinen - Guitars, Bass VI & Synths
Marko Soukka - Guitars
Riku Mattila - Bass
Jaani Peuhu - Drums & Percussion
----
16.05.2009 - 12:18
Italics
Good band... i was a bit disappointed with "Goodbye to All That" though...
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
23.09.2009 - 19:58
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
I really like "Someplace Else" album. It is sad, soft and really beautiful.
27.09.2009 - 16:58
Pimeässä
Pimeässä
Hail to big fan

listen to nice song of Xandria "2007 - The Seventh Veil " Only for the Stars in your Eyes feat Mika Tauriainen

GL man
14.10.2009 - 12:12
FOOCK Nam
Just witnessed Shamrain in the longest time ever until now, I must say they are so calm music genius band. I should listen to this band earlier.