Metal Storm logo
Andromeda

11.08.2006 - 02:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
No Andromeda thread? Well, I checked so...

Andromeda is a great progressive metal band worth mentioning...I can't really say that I like Chimera too much but their older stuff is classic...they're melodic progressive metal but slightly more technical...Lawrence Mackrory was on their first album, Extension Of The Wish...he didn't sound too great...in my opinion, he sounded like a nu metal vocalist on a prog album a tad....their present vocalist, David Fremburg is a keeper...anyway, they're amazing! If you're into progressive music and you haven't heard of Andromeda, what are you waiting for?!
11.08.2006 - 02:52
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I have really enjoyed Andromeda's work and was so excited when they released Chimera. But... I can't say I enjoy that album. I've only listened a few times but it's completely boring. Not boring in a boring-now-but-it-will-grow-on-me-later sense.. but rather in an it's-actually-boring sense

I haven't given up on this band though since their previous work has been very exciting. Good bands are can release one mediocre album, right?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
11.08.2006 - 04:10
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I hope Chimera is the only mediocre album they do...I don't even own it but i've heard it...

Periscope is a great song though...killer...The Hidden Riddle is a pretty terrible tune though...

Final Extension needed to be done though...I think that made a lot of people happy...seeing what Extension Of The Wish would sound like with better production and Fremberg's vocals...great idea...so they have two perfect albums: II=I and Final Extension...Extension of the Wish is still classic though...
28.09.2006 - 16:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well it is my firts swedish progresive metal band what I discovere(Opeth dont counts) and in begining I was listening ''Extension of the Wish'' album but when I hera album II=I or something I stop listen them, i dioscovere more betetr Swedish and non swedish bands then
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2006 - 03:03
Soliloquy
you really are a prog whore, holer

andromeda eh? i'll check em out
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
07.12.2007 - 00:20
Solid Stone
Account deleted
Hey guys!! A few moths ago I was searching for mind expansion and I found a little group and I said "why not listen to it?" so I was overwhelmed with that amazing hability to play and sing, I was just shocked, I never thought there is another band, after Dream Theater, so powerfull, so energetic, so... amazing!! I love Andromeda!!

Solid Thoughts of Stone
07.12.2007 - 04:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Soliloquy: So did you check them out?
@Solid Stone: Playing and singing? Well, in any case it's pretty labored and not as well done as the lead vocalist in both bands if that's what you mean...
03.01.2008 - 19:07
Hellsing
I hate their lyrics hahah, incredible musicians... incredible compositions... simply...Cool!!
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
16.01.2008 - 09:40
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
very interesting band, their first two albums are the only ones I've ever heard, the first is really good, the second was pretty good too
16.01.2008 - 11:57
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
One of the bands I unfortunately missed at ProgPower Scandinavia due to the fact they played two hours before I could get my arse to the venue Too bad really 'cause I just listened to a song of theirs yesterday and it was really good. Can't remember the name of it unfortunately.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.05.2011 - 18:02
thehondo
This is one of the more talented bands on the face of the planet. New album almost ready. Lets get this thread rollin again!
----
No time like the present
05.01.2012 - 17:21
thehondo
New release is good but somewhat experimental,not as in your face as some of the others, still recommended.
----
No time like the present
05.01.2012 - 17:25
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Their 2011 album is awesome, one of the best progressive metal releases of 2011 for me, I was impressed.
07.01.2012 - 12:44
Ivor
Staff
I was massively disappointed when I first listened to the album. Figured I won't be listening it again but I did. It somewhat grew on me. So, it's not as bad as I felt initially. Quite good actually but ain't close to anything stellar.

I.
08.01.2012 - 23:46
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Ivor on 07.01.2012 at 12:44

I was massively disappointed when I first listened to the album. Figured I won't be listening it again but I did. It somewhat grew on me. So, it's not as bad as I felt initially. Quite good actually but ain't close to anything stellar.

I.

Agreed. Their last effort (The Immunity Zone) is a little bit better.
----
rekt
20.01.2012 - 20:35
StRicardo6
Very very talented band i like them keep take attention .. !!!!!!