Scream Bloody Gore vs Seven Churches

Poll

Which album do you prefer?

Scream Bloody Gore
Seven Churches

Total votes: 49
16.05.2013 - 23:09
Demonmayonnaise

These two albums were very influential on the death metal genre. Which one do you think is better? I'm voting for Scream Bloody Gore. I love them both, but Scream Bloody Gore just seems heavier to me.
17.05.2013 - 00:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Poll is not good, where are both ,m because to me both are equal, I like both and can not pick, both made history are ''classic'' and kick ass even nowadays
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.05.2013 - 01:52
ANGEL REAPER

I like them both ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
17.05.2013 - 03:57
Lit.
Account deleted
I'm going with Seven Churches. SBG is decent, but SC is just a damn good album. I'm pretty sure it's heavier, too.
17.05.2013 - 04:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Will go with Seven Churches... and wish I had a Seven Churches/Possessed shirt as i"m seeing Primus this weekend...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.05.2013 - 17:00
Guib
Thrash Talker
Most influential or Best ? well to me it seems like it should be Seven Churches, even though I prefer Scream Bloody Gore, just because it was
more ''influential''.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.05.2013 - 18:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Definitely "Scream Bloody Gore" for me. It's the archetypal death metal album, the sound on that album is pure evil!

About Primus... Isn't Larry Lalonde embarrassed about his time with Possessed now? I'm sure I heard somewhere that he's more or less disowned that portion of his career....
17.05.2013 - 18:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.05.2013 at 18:32

About Primus... Isn't Larry Lalonde embarrassed about his time with Possessed now? I'm sure I heard somewhere that he's more or less disowned that portion of his career....

yes he is and already was years ago when he joined Primus. Imo it is stupid to disown that portion of his career because he got where he is due to Possessed.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.05.2013 - 18:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 17.05.2013 at 18:47

Murder in the Front Row (book): "Truth be told, guitarist Larry LaLonde was never comfortable with the band's evil Satanic image, and quickly adopted standard Motörhead-shirt-and-jeans metalhead attire".

The image is by Harald Oimoen, so I think it's written by him as well.

HArald O. did also write the captions. Btw he is currently in D.R.I.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.05.2013 - 18:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.05.2013 at 18:37
yes he is and already was years ago when he joined Primus. Imo it is stupid to disown that portion of his career because he got where he is due to Possessed.

I thought so... I knew he'd been embarrassed about it for a long time, cos it was a few years ago when I read that. I agree it is stupid for him to disown his time with Possessed. I love Larry and Primus, but it irks me that he now thinks that Possessed's music is beneath him. A bit of humility wouldn't do him any harm! Even if he doesn't like the music any more, he should at least acknowledge the recognition that being a member of that band brought him.
17.05.2013 - 19:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.05.2013 at 18:56

I thought so... I knew he'd been embarrassed about it for a long time, cos it was a few years ago when I read that. I agree it is stupid for him to disown his time with Possessed. I love Larry and Primus, but it irks me that he now thinks that Possessed's music is beneath him. A bit of humility wouldn't do him any harm! Even if he doesn't like the music any more, he should at least acknowledge the recognition that being a member of that band brought him.

this is why i wish i had a possessed shirt for the gig.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.05.2013 - 19:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 17.05.2013 at 19:14

Written by Angelic Storm on 17.05.2013 at 18:56

this is why i wish i had a possessed shirt for the gig.

He won't enjoy that at all. Or at least he didn't enjoy the banter/shit he got at Dynamo Open Air 1991 (where Morbid Angel and Obituary also played). A couple of months before the festival he had given an interview where he said he was embarassed by his time in Possessed. A couple of guys (amongst them Jan Kik a.k.a. Orlok of COuntess and some people who I won't name cause it might not be too good for their current position/jobs in the world of metal publishing music ) were up front in Possessed shirts, with Possessed flags and a banner saying "Larry 'Traitor' Lalonde". They didn't hurl any verbal abuse at him though, just this showing of their discontent about what he had said. Larry had an extremely constipated look on his face during the entire gig
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2013 - 19:38
Aristarchos

I choose SC, never been a fan of death.
25.07.2013 - 15:24
The Demonblade
Account deleted
Both are still quite influential in the genre. I can't choose.