06. Become Immortal
07. Conquer And Destroy
08. Midnight Sun [feat. Sofia Portanet]
09. Demonic Future
10. Pride Comes Before The Fall
11. Dying Planet

The Best Thrash / Speed Metal Album Of 2022

Additional info
Recorded at Hansa Tonstudio in Berlin, Germany.
Produced by Arthur Rizk.
Artwork by Eliran Kantor.

Staff review by
nikarg
Rating:
N/A
Sergio Corbucci is dead, but Kreator are still very much alive. Seriously, I have no idea what that intro track is all about as I have no idea why bands use irrelevant intro tracks that offer nothing to the general album experience, but let’s not dwell on that. There is a new Kreator album coming out and, in a nutshell, it is more aggressive, more melodic, and more… experimental. You didn’t quite expect that. Or did you?

Read more ››
published 08.06.2022 | Comments (8)

Found in 37 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 78   Visited by: 812 users
03.02.2022 - 18:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nja I wonder how song midnight sun fitts in hate n agresion
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.02.2022 - 18:54
JoHn Doe
I don't know what lyrical context is around the title song, but just on its own, as a title it's rather dumb. I hope I am wrong because I've always enjoyed this band.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
03.02.2022 - 19:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 03.02.2022 at 18:54

I don't know what lyrical context is around the title song, but just on its own, as a title it's rather dumb. I hope I am wrong because I've always enjoyed this band.

I think they want out polite politics and this might be polite way to piss ppl off...
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.02.2022 - 19:02
JoHn Doe
Written by Bad English on 03.02.2022 at 19:00

I think they want out polite politics and this might be polite way to piss ppl off...

we'll see the context when he listen to the song, read the lyrics.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
03.02.2022 - 19:28
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Those are some pretty funny song titles.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
04.02.2022 - 01:19
Rating: 8
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
Wtf with those title songs? Looks like it was made by a 15 year old. They're satanic children's lyrics.
04.02.2022 - 07:24
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by ChapuLviz on 04.02.2022 at 01:19

Wtf with those title songs? Looks like it was made by a 15 year old. They're satanic children's lyrics.

Wasn't that always Kreator's schtick?
----
04.02.2022 - 09:57
toussa
The title song is quite excellent despite the intro quite boring (already heard so many times) , a little less melodic than the one Kreator got us used to lately. Is Eliran kantor the artist of the cover art ?
04.02.2022 - 10:47
KaninStryparn
I don't care what ppl think of kreator, they were awesome before and they are awesome now. Still can't get satan is real out of my head
----
Heavy Metal is the law that keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and hell
04.02.2022 - 12:01
FeskarN

Not so impressed by this single, hoping for more melodic songs on the album.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
04.02.2022 - 12:18
JoHn Doe
"Hate is the virus of this world", I heard it right, right? That's a good lyric.
----
04.02.2022 - 15:38
Rating: 7
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
"Hate is the virus of this world! Capitalism is bad!

... Accept rioting and looting, that's cool! And attacking police, that's cool! And big pharma, they're cool! And gov't overreach, that's cool! And big corporate media, they're cool!"

It's kind of hard to remove the politics from a band where politics play such a key role in their image, sound, and lyrics.

But Kreator's political hypocrisy aside... this was a pretty decent song. Second half was better than the first half.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
04.02.2022 - 16:06
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
Written by RaduP on 04.02.2022 at 07:24

Written by ChapuLviz on 04.02.2022 at 01:19

Wasn't that always Kreator's schtick?

Oh shit! I became a boring adult...
04.02.2022 - 16:31
JoHn Doe
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 04.02.2022 at 15:38

... Accept rioting and looting, that's cool! And attacking police, that's cool! And big pharma, they're cool! And gov't overreach, that's cool! And big corporate media, they're cool!"

It's kind of hard to remove the politics from a band where politics play such a key role in their image, sound, and lyrics.

where did you get there from listening to the song?
----
04.02.2022 - 20:20
Blindearth
Fucking amazing!!!
More haters please
04.02.2022 - 20:53
Rating: 7
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by JoHn Doe on 04.02.2022 at 16:31

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 04.02.2022 at 15:38

where did you get there from listening to the song?

From their body of lyrics, interviews, videos, etc. Not a big deal, it's no different than a band like Arch Enemy complaining about corporate greed. Lots of hypocrisy in the world of edgy "anti-establishment" type metal bands, it's nothing new, just fun to poke fun at!

Again, the song was good.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
05.02.2022 - 00:14
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 04.02.2022 at 20:53

From their body of lyrics, interviews, videos, etc.

Interesting.

You know, I've been listening to metal for over 3 decades and I've read and and seen countless interviews with Kreator in the course of the years, because compared to other metal musicians, Mille has always been overrepresented in the German media. The absolute majority of these interviews has never been translated into English and most of the TV interviews are still not available on the internet for legal reasons.
I'm therefore quite sure that I've heard and seen much more of this band than the average American metalhead.

Nevertheless, I have never heard Mille or any other band member stating something like
"And big pharma, they're cool! And gov't overreach, that's cool! And big corporate media, they're cool!"

Since I don't want to die stupid: can you give me and everyone else some examples of Kreator praising big pharma, endorsing government overreach and supporting big corporate media to back up your differing perception?
Otherwise one may think you just made it all up.
----
signatures = SPAM
05.02.2022 - 00:30
nikarg
Staff
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 04.02.2022 at 20:53

From their body of lyrics, interviews, videos, etc. Not a big deal, it's no different than a band like Arch Enemy complaining about corporate greed. Lots of hypocrisy in the world of edgy "anti-establishment" type metal bands, it's nothing new, just fun to poke fun at!

Again, the song was good.

Kreator have had this stance since their very beginning... which was in the early '80s. They did not jump on an anti-establishment bandwagon, they were formed way back when there were two Germanies. You have to take into account the circumstances of each band. Kreator became a band in the Ruhr area at a time when unemployment was high due to the fact that the coal mines had been closed a few years prior and the steel industry had taken a hit. There was a big drug and alcohol problem. The band, like many other thrash bands at the time, was formed by young people who were seen as society's outcasts and had an unpromising present and a bleak future. Roberto was spoonfeeding old ladies in a care home in the morning for a living and playing "Love Us Or Hate Us" on stage in the evening. There is an interesting documentary about all this but I cannot remember the name now. Anyway, I don't understand where you see hypocrisy. Do you think Mille today drives a Porsche and lives in a mansion so that singing about social issues is hypocritical on his part? The comparison to Arch Enemy is like comparing, I don't know, cars with oranges. The only thing in common that Kreator have with every Swedish melodeath band is that the latter have all listened to Coma Of Souls way too many times before their own formation.

And the song slays. It is 2022's "Flag Of Hate".
05.02.2022 - 01:13
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by nikarg on 05.02.2022 at 00:30

There is an interesting documentary about all this but I cannot remember the name now.

You probably mean the "Thrash, Altenessen" documentary from 1989.
Fun to watch, really. I'm just sorry for all the non-native speakers, for the subtitled version's video quality is pretty poor and they had to leave out quite a lot of the funny stuff happening in the background.
----
signatures = SPAM
05.02.2022 - 01:17
nikarg
Staff
^ Yes! Thank you.
05.02.2022 - 01:22
nikarg
Staff
Written by toussa on 04.02.2022 at 09:57

Is Eliran kantor the artist of the cover art ?

Yes.
05.02.2022 - 03:30
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by FeskarN on 04.02.2022 at 12:01

Not so impressed by this single, hoping for more melodic songs on the album.

I like Slayer too.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.02.2022 - 20:47
Spaghetti Thrash metal is loaded
11.02.2022 - 15:40
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite

You don't judge a book by its title, do you? I hope you don't
11.02.2022 - 15:43
JoHn Doe
Written by Daniell on 11.02.2022 at 15:40

The chorus of the song says "hate is the virus of this world". He's not wrong now, is he?
----
12.02.2022 - 14:08

When the book is called "Teletubbies invaders from Mars" it is difficult to expect something serious =)
14.02.2022 - 16:44
KaninStryparn
Written by christmas.inHell on 12.02.2022 at 14:08

When the book is called "Teletubbies invaders from Mars" it is difficult to expect something serious =)

I would 100% read a book with that tittle. sounds like a blast
----
Heavy Metal is the law that keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and hell
17.02.2022 - 13:32
Hooman
Well I think Kreator did their job with lyrics and song titles. Album is not released yet, and 28 comments already.
17.02.2022 - 20:59
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Hooman on 17.02.2022 at 13:32

Well I think Kreator did their job with lyrics and song titles. Album is not released yet, and 28 comments already.

Was thinking the same thing!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.02.2022 - 21:11
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Hooman on 17.02.2022 at 13:32

I don't even need to listen to it. I know what it will sound like.
----

Hits total: 11785 | This month: 69