01. Chants Of The Deep Ones
02. Tales Of The Old Dreamer
03. Into The Woods
04. Neptune's Eye
05. That Cannot Be Dreamed
06. Keziah Mason
07. The Apotheosis Of The Unnamable

Additional info
Recorded and mixed at Earthsound Studio.
Mastered at Upload Studio.

Staff review by
X-Ray Rod
Rating:
Since the ending of the 777-trilogy, it seems that Blut Aus Nord has been on a road of reinvention. Disharmonium - Undreamable Abysses brings something new. Something sinister.

Read more ››
published 04.06.2022 | Comments (9)

Found in 38 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 40   Visited by: 481 users
17.03.2022 - 21:32
Rating: 7
Claudric
Judging by the cover art, this will be similar to Hallucinogen. At least I can hope so.
18.03.2022 - 03:22
Rating: 9
sempiternus
Based on the new track, this is more like a fusion of MoRT and Hallucinogen for me.
18.03.2022 - 14:52
Rating: 10
mz
^True, but it really doesn't work. The mood of those two albums are so different that the released track sounds ambivalent and undecided in its attempt to create atmosphere.

I'd like a fusion on MoRT with MoRT. Like MoRT^2
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
18.03.2022 - 15:26
Rating: 8
The Galactician
I enjoyed the new track quite a bit. Looking forward to hearing the whole album.
19.03.2022 - 00:26
IBlackened
After a few listens, I'm having mixed feelings about the new track, That Cannot Be Dreamed. I don't think it's bad and I even like it, but I don't think it stands out from their discography. Or maybe my expectations are just too high and the album will grow on me.
----
Their old stuff is better.
19.03.2022 - 02:08
VileVick-Bryant
Liked the new track hope I hear more of that.
20.03.2022 - 22:52
Vombatus
Potorro
The track sounds exactly like what the title and cover would sound like if translated to audio form. Quite impressive.
21.04.2022 - 01:05
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
"That Cannot Be Dreamed" is a good track, but the drumming feels quite out of place with the rest of the dissonant guitars and vocals. It's too technical for its own good. Eager to hear the rest of the album though.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.05.2022 - 04:42
IBlackened
The more I listen to "That Cannot Be Dreamed", the more the drumming at the first minute and a half bothers me, because the rest of the song is great. Like Boxcar said, it's really out of place and it doesn't fit the mood of the track. The song becomes much better after that when the drums are played in a more straightforward way. Now, "Tales Of The Old Dreamer" is a masterpiece and it makes me impatient to listen to the whole album.
----
Their old stuff is better.
16.05.2022 - 19:28
Aries Rising
Full album is up for streaming on youtube:

18.05.2022 - 14:03
Rating: 10
mz
I didn't know I need psychedelic BaN in my life so much but fuck this is great.
So this is a proper manifestation of BaN's third approach to music. There is an almost complete absence of industrial touches, and it cannot be adequately described as melodic. It is psychedelic extreme metal at its finest. In fact, their previous record sounds half-baked compared to this album.

Might be their third best behind MoRT and TWWTTg, and is a serious contender for the AoTY.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
18.05.2022 - 19:48
nikarg
Staff
I did not expect this after Hallucinogen, which was very melodic and accessible. Then again, you never know what you'll get with BaN. This one is very trippy and scary as hell at the same time; Lovecraftian and disharmonic. For me, it is the sound of descending into madness; that's the best description I can give it. It should go really well with mushrooms, methinks.
20.05.2022 - 04:52
Rating: 4
Rulatore
What's so good in here... I found this to be pretty boring, most tracks feels like are just dragging for minutes with almost no changes....
20.05.2022 - 09:14
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Psychedelic black metal is how I would personally describe this, but atmospheric black will also do, and it has a bit of doom influence, they seen to be getting closer to sounding like The Ruins Of Beverast imo.

The guitar sound is sensational, it's really dark and creepy, and the chanting vocals in the background give it such a sinister atmosphere, but it hasn't got that melodic touch that Hallucinogen had. I can completely understand why some people won't take to this, it can drag a wee bit, and the flow can get seriously repetitive if your not in the right mood for it, but I could imagine it would really help by being under an hallucinogenic influence of some kind, so you can get the full benefit from it's hypnotic experience, but I can Imagine it giving you a nightmarish trip, rather than a soft mellow one.

Unfortunately for me those days are long gone, so the best way for me to experience this is alone in a dark room without distraction, or a walk through the woods late into the night.
20.05.2022 - 09:34
Derelict Earth
Written by Rulatore on 20.05.2022 at 04:52

What's so good in here... I found this to be pretty boring, most tracks feels like are just dragging for minutes with almost no changes....

Do you like some of their other albums ? BaN is very particular, and this album is good in their own style.
20.05.2022 - 10:03
Rating: 5
branco108
Sorry to say but this album is very boring. No catchy melodies. It is as the one track melting together. Hallucinogen was special but this is disappointing for me.
20.05.2022 - 10:25
Ruisdier
This album is pure hell, love it
----
https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7014
AOTY 2022
20.05.2022 - 11:11
Derelict Earth
Written by branco108 on 20.05.2022 at 10:03

Sorry to say but this album is very boring. No catchy melodies. It is as the one track melting together. Hallucinogen was special but this is disappointing for me.

It has the same kind of seamless structure as MoRT, but blended with the more psychedelic aspect of Hallucinogen. Not for everyone definitely.
20.05.2022 - 12:12
Rating: 6
Ball Fondlers
I've listed to this one 4 times since it came out on youtube the other day. It's just about the least interesting release I've heard from them. Pretty average
20.05.2022 - 13:49
Vombatus
Potorro
Blut Aus Nord is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

But it's always good.

The guitars here are unbelievable, massive atmosphere.
21.05.2022 - 03:03
Lord Slothrop
Great atmosphere and very dissonant without sacrificing melody. I love it.
21.05.2022 - 03:31
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
The approach to this album is great. The guitars sound good and create a very intense atmosphere that feels very claustrophobic and nearly psychotic.

What’s unfortunate is that they basically wrote the exact same song 7 times.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.05.2022 - 21:27
Nightmare^
I'm not the biggest fan of BaN, but I absolutely loved this. It is one of the most darkest, evil-sounding, creepy compositions I've listened to a while. But yeah, it's not everyone's cup of tea I guess.
----
24.05.2022 - 10:40
Vombatus
Potorro
The section starting at 5:05 on the first track is possibly the best thing I've heard in a long time.

Drumming ain't too shabby, whoever plays on this and Hallucinogen did some interesting work.
24.05.2022 - 20:02
Paz
Elite
Best BAN in years!
27.05.2022 - 09:57
opeth518
Not a bad concept/sound but a little samey
30.05.2022 - 18:11
Desha
delicious dish
Best since 777 part 2 I think. It also reminds me of that one a bit with its more psychedelic approach. Not as good, but a step in the right direction I think.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
03.06.2022 - 17:05
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by nikarg on 18.05.2022 at 19:48

This one is very trippy and scary as hell at the same time; Lovecraftian and disharmonic. For me, it is the sound of descending into madness

Written by Boxcar Willy on 21.05.2022 at 03:31

very intense atmosphere that feels very claustrophobic and nearly psychotic.
What’s unfortunate is that they basically wrote the exact same song 7 times.

Perfect descriptions!
As I was recently reading some Lovecraft, I'm really liking this crazed atmospheric music. But I do wish they could've had some more variety. 7 times the same song is a bit much.
08.06.2022 - 14:18
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Blut Autopilotus Nord.

Hallucinogen was more outlandish, unique and daring than this psychedelically speaking.

Nice journey but nothing that the 777's, Liber and Deus didn't do already in form.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

19.06.2022 - 20:41
Maldone
It really is monotonous. Each individual song is at least very good, but they are all too similar for the album as a whole to be great. As many have said, you never know what to expect from Vindsval, but I've almost never been disappointed. It seems that many who love Hallucinogen aren’t fans of MoRT and vice versa but I really love both as well as the vast majority of their albums, and TWWTG is one of the greatest masterpieces of all metal. Last year's Forhist did not find a very good reception here, but for me it was the album of the year. Can't give less than 9 to this one either, but given the expectations I had, I'm still a bit disappointed.

Hits total: 6437 | This month: 27