07. Assimilate
08. Kill Thy Enemies
09. Nø Gøds, Nø Masters
10. Bløødshøt
11. Røtten
12. Terminus
13. Arrøws In Wørds Frøm The Sky

Additional info
Recorded at Sharkbite Studios in Oakland, California.

Staff review by
omne metallum
Rating:
Thy kingdom come.

Read more ››
published 06.09.2022 | Comments (5)

Found in 26 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 32   Visited by: 692 users
12.04.2022 - 11:03
Rating: 7
nonZero
As someone who grew up listening to Machine Head and looking up to them as musicians, I really hope this doesn't suck.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
14.04.2022 - 09:53
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Good work on the album cover and first song sounds like a return to form.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
11.06.2022 - 01:10
VileVick-Bryant
I listen to like maybe one of two songs of their last album and I'll be honest I didn't think it was the worst thing but i can see why it was so hated. But I wasn't interested in listening to it fully. Maybe I will listen to it one day but hopefully this albums better.
26.08.2022 - 00:49
Rating: 6
TizMH00
Slightly better than Catharsis, but it's a little cringy at times, unfortunately it pains me to say that Machine Head are dead now since Catharsis.
26.08.2022 - 16:20
Rating: 5
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I can't decide if the vocals or the lyrics are more pathetic. There's no way Robb is actually trying.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.08.2022 - 16:37
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by nonZero on 12.04.2022 at 11:03

As someone who grew up listening to Machine Head and looking up to them as musicians, I really hope this doesn't suck.

Let's hope they don't disappoint, somehow I'm guessing they will. Let me know if you think it sucks or not, I dare not listen to it yet
26.08.2022 - 17:01
Musically I found this very solid! Probably their heaviest album yet. However the vocals are tired and I think Robb needs to explore a new vocal style. Aside from that this is a solid comeback record from catharsis.
26.08.2022 - 19:00
It's mind boggling they didn't put the "Exteroception" bonus track in the actual album. Probably the best track instrumentally. I enjoyed this album but wow, it could have been so much better if the vocals improved.
26.08.2022 - 20:29
nonZero
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 26.08.2022 at 16:37

Written by nonZero on 12.04.2022 at 11:03

Let's hope they don't disappoint, somehow I'm guessing they will. Let me know if you think it sucks or not, I dare not listen to it yet

I wouldn't say it sucks but it's not a great record like they are/were capable of. Some good moments on it for sure, but it's just that
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
26.08.2022 - 21:08
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by nonZero on 26.08.2022 at 20:29

I wouldn't say it sucks but it's not a great record like they are/were capable of. Some good moments on it for sure, but it's just that

I will eventually get round to listening to this sometime soon, at least it doesn't sound to bad
26.08.2022 - 21:59
X-FrEaK
I haven't heard the whole album yet, but they released a shit ton of songs before the release. There are some good songs like Unhallowed, Become the firestorm and Arrows in words from the sky. The impression I have from the pré released songs is that is way better than Catharsis, but not even close to something like The Blackening

Thankfully I don't pay attention, never have, to the lyrics of most albums, so I think the poor lyrics don't affect me that much. But as for the vocals.. To me they sound like Robb has always sounded, it's like everyone is surprised out of a sudden lol.
----
27.08.2022 - 06:20
Majohadica
Yeah, old MH are back. Full album is banger.
Great work guys.
28.08.2022 - 01:20
pope.88
Hard album to value, it has some of the best Machine Head sounds and moments, togheter with the shitty melodic "metalcoresque" choirs moments from Catharsis (My Hands Are Empty for instance, is cringe af)... The quality of the rest it's high enough to make them bareables, but it would be a really dope album, maybe on of their best, if they'd dropped the melodic stuff out. Instead we have this...
Better than the last for sure (it wasn't that hard either), decent record, I don't hate it, but it's a little disappointing...
28.08.2022 - 12:21
Rating: 9
geresteijn
My first post on this site may as well be about this album. Long time MH fan and for me this album sounds awesome. I love how they sound different with every release. The Blackening remains my #1, closely followed by Through The Ashes Of Empires, and this one comes in as my solid #3. Great stuff!
28.08.2022 - 14:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Not their best, but solid album, band lives metal, are metal, looks metal, that's why it can write solid album even nog best but still heavy.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.08.2022 - 14:45
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Some Scandinavian here who can tell us how the album title would be pronounced with all those "ø"s?
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
28.08.2022 - 20:02
Aries Rising
Some awful lyrics and vocals on this record. The riffs and solos are good and I like how heavy some of the songs are but the album is overall forgettable. Also Robb's antics over the past few years have soured their "good albums" for me as well. Anyone else view him as kind of a poser?
28.08.2022 - 21:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by RaduP on 28.08.2022 at 14:45

Some Scandinavian here who can tell us how the album title would be pronounced with all those "ø"s?

Naibour use those lol they talk horrible, western ones are better as South ones.
I tried do Ö do t make sence, seems they put those as Motörhead
https://sv.forvo.com/word/%C3%B6/
----

apos;'
[image]
29.08.2022 - 10:15
X-FrEaK

Swedish and Finnish (depending on the definition of Scandinavia used) were offended by this post XD
----
29.08.2022 - 18:36
schlakt
First song is such a banger, probably the best song they have released since blackening. The rest of the album is fine, some good songs and few songs I never want to listen to again.
29.08.2022 - 19:41
Rating: 9
Dorian75
Guys this is an excellent MH album. I am not satisfied with the overall production, but it is a great album. There are no fillers, instead, there are many powerful songs, great riffs tempo changes, transitions and etc. This album also needs time and definitely, it's a grower.
30.08.2022 - 09:39
Rating: 6
musclassia
Staff
Instrumentally this album is fine, a decent return to the 2000s MH sound - if it had someone other than Robb Flynn and his annoying vocal trademarks (heavy breathing, lyrics, etc.), it would make for a decent enough listen
30.08.2022 - 12:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-FrEaK on 29.08.2022 at 10:15

Swedish and Finnish (depending on the definition of Scandinavia used) were offended by this post XD

actually Finland is not in Scandinavia and Ö and ø in all 3 Scandinavian lingos are pronounced similar
----

apos;'
[image]
30.08.2022 - 14:29
X-FrEaK
Written by Bad English on 30.08.2022 at 12:13

Written by X-FrEaK on 29.08.2022 at 10:15

actually Finland is not in Scandinavia and Ö and ø in all 3 Scandinavian lingos are pronounced similar

Thats why I said "depending on the definition of Scandinavia used" : D
----
31.08.2022 - 14:53
HypnoChook
Tror ikke ø og o er helt det samme… men ok

So, production is epic. Vox and MH guitar sound (complete with generous harmonics) on another level. Drumming also really inspired; Navene a rad choice for a more proggy foray. That said, although I enjoyed the quieter elements, felt like boring-story-time between Chøke and Bløødshøt where I craved something more. Might not listen to the whole album a lot, but lots to enjoy and the good stuff too sonically pleasing to be mad.

Highlights: Chøke øn the Ashes…, Røtten
31.08.2022 - 15:17
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Overall it's a solid record, the songwriting is decent, it has an abundance of energy and aggression, and the ferocity is certainly there. It has it's good moments throughout but obviously nothing quite like The Blackening was, it lacks the memorable moments that album had, which disappointed me with this release.

I kind of expected more due to it's length, but the only track that really stood out for me was "Arrows In Words From The Sky", there's nothing that really wow's me about it tbh. I'm hoping I might warm to it in the future, but I wouldn't bet on it.
04.09.2022 - 17:28
Rating: 10
VadimsK
I fell biased for this band, but i can't deny myself and give it 10/10
13.09.2022 - 11:32
Rating: 5
AndreMarcos
Very average album. The lyrics and the singing bring it down to bad in my opinion, and it's definitely one of those albums that i wish i didn't understand English so that i couldn't understand the lyrics.
16.10.2022 - 03:13
Oxygen Thief
I like this a lot, lots of nice catchy hooks, effective breakdowns, and typical Rob Flynn vocal inflections with some nice melodic additions from the other band members. I like Catharsis too, although it was a patchy album which could have done with some pruning, I think this is tighter and much more well-defined. I guess it's a bit sad that it seems that every time Machine Head venture into rap metal and suffer the criticism that comes with that, they seem to feel the need to prove their metal credentials again with a more straight forward metal album (not that I'm necessarily complaining, as I said I like this album, but it feels like they're not doing what they actually want to do so that they can appease the "fans"... no idea if that's the case or not, maybe it's more likely that Rob is a showman and more wants the cheering, moshing, rocking audience without being precious about the specific style he uses to achieve that)
05.11.2022 - 15:55
Rating: 8
metalbrat
I liked everything after the first 4 tracks and i felt its better than the latest LoG album. Nice groovy riffs and some nice guitar works.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘

Hits total: 10033 | This month: 49