Metal Storm logo
Skid Row

14.02.2007 - 06:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
What? No Skid Row forum?! I see forums to do with skid row tour dates and stuff....but no forum simply to discuss Skid Row. I love this band, cant say im too into post-Sebastian Bach era, but the first few albums were great. I had the luck of getting to see Sebastian Bach open for Guns N Roses and he was absolutely amazing.

No need to introduce this band, whatre your thoughts?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.02.2007 - 16:44
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well im 100% sure i allready opend thread about Skid Row or that maybe was on old MMS anyway
SKID ROW is good band but since they kick ass to Sebastian and took this new guy in band they r not same, i really thir old stuff like Monkey Buissnes, 18 and Life, YOuth Goan Wild wtc.......
they were greaqt band Rachel was crazy motherfucker
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
16.02.2007 - 09:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by EddieGunner on 15.02.2007 at 16:44

well im 100% sure i allready opend thread about Skid Row or that maybe was on old MMS anyway
SKID ROW is good band but since they kick ass to Sebastian and took this new guy in band they r not same, i really thir old stuff like Monkey Buissnes, 18 and Life, YOuth Goan Wild wtc.......

Oh, well if you already created a Skid Row thread just link it to me and I could remove this one. no need for 2.
----
- George Carlin
16.02.2007 - 23:51
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
looks like i dind't opend at this new version of MMS it was on old one
----
Erno Paasilinna
17.02.2007 - 00:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
Good band, although nothing I regular listen to really. I love their song Youth Gone Wild, it's very catchy!
----
17.02.2007 - 00:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Warman on 17.02.2007 at 00:50

Good band, although nothing I regular listen to really. I love their song Youth Gone Wild, it's very catchy!

Yeah I saw Sebastian Bach perform that live, a whole stadium of people chanting along, it was incredibly powerful.
----
- George Carlin
17.02.2007 - 01:56
darksun
Sebastian bach is an incrtedibly great vocalist.Some performances make me thing he's better than everyone except bruce and dio
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
18.02.2007 - 06:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by darksun on 17.02.2007 at 01:56

Sebastian bach is an incrtedibly great vocalist.Some performances make me thing he's better than everyone except bruce and dio

absolutely, have you seen him live? When I saw him l;ive he had so much energy he put on the best show id ever seen, he was opening for GnR, and even though Axl was great, Baz totally blew him off the stage.
----
- George Carlin
18.02.2007 - 16:08
darksun
unfortunately i missed hic turkey concerts.I hope he will come again.I just watched some live performances of him with skid row and solo thanks to my friends records taken from concerts.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
18.02.2007 - 16:57
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
bach is fuckin good one vocal, i got one bootleg from tokyo show i think, fuckin awsome preformance
----
Erno Paasilinna
19.02.2007 - 19:42
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
well, while I never really listened to much Skid Row, That is my nickname at school, due to my hair Or at least a few people call me that. I heard one song that I liked, but imo sebastian bach has become mtv's bitch.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
20.02.2007 - 07:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Arian Totalis on 19.02.2007 at 19:42

well, while I never really listened to much Skid Row, That is my nickname at school, due to my hair Or at least a few people call me that. I heard one song that I liked, but imo sebastian bach has become mtv's bitch.

Howso?
----
- George Carlin
20.02.2007 - 19:01
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Doc G. on 20.02.2007 at 07:01

Howso?

He's always on mtv hosting specials or going for interviews, in the same vein scott Ian has been.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

20.02.2007 - 22:35
Sunioj
Written by Arian Totalis on 20.02.2007 at 19:01

Howso?

He's always on mtv hosting specials or going for interviews, in the same vein scott Ian has been.

One of my friends that was a long time fan of Skid Row said the same thing when we were watching supergroup, he said that MTV was making him look like a outdated rock star that fell off. I admit, I like some skid row songs though
21.02.2007 - 00:06
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Sunioj on 20.02.2007 at 22:35

Written by Arian Totalis on 20.02.2007 at 19:01

Howso?

One of my friends that was a long time fan of Skid Row said the same thing when we were watching supergroup, he said that MTV was making him look like a outdated rock star that fell off. I admit, I like some skid row songs though

Yeah, and when he did VH1's 100 most metal moments he sounded so fake when he did it, like he was literally reading a script (which he probably was) and as if that wasn't enough to solidify he selling out, he had to go on supergroup, which made him out to be some kind of staggering drunken douchebag (which for all I know he is ) and Scott Ian does the same thing, even though he was more sort of withdrawn from the camera and laid back than the others.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

22.02.2007 - 06:26
Anthem
that show aside, the man can sing. There is hardly an 80s singer except Bruce Dickenson who can hang with his vocals. Although he did look a litle silly
on the show. I think if we were al taped and then shown the film later we would all cringe at what we see. Its easy to judge when you sit behind a tv screen
----
I swear by my life and love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor shall I ask another to live for me.

John Galt
22.02.2007 - 14:32
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬

I agree with you, the 2 first albums (Skid Row and Slave To The Grind) are the best. It's not the same with the "new" singer...and well, have you listened to their last album (Revolutions Per Minute)? It really let me down, I think that new style doesn't match them, keeping in mind the great work they've done so far.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
22.02.2007 - 21:48
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Aylee_Bodom on 22.02.2007 at 14:32

I agree with you, the 2 first albums (Skid Row and Slave To The Grind) are the best. It's not the same with the "new" singer...and well, have you listened to their last album (Revolutions Per Minute)? It really let me down, I think that new style doesn't match them, keeping in mind the great work they've done so far.

Yeah, Johnny Solinger isnt nearly up to par, especially to fill Bach's shoes. It's ironic really, The Skid's fired Baz because they felt like he wasnt bringing much to the band, now, Baz is selling out stadiums with his solo group, and on the verge of landing a major record contract (I cant remember which company, its on his myspace somewhere), and the Skids cant even put 10 seats in a dirty bar. However, with the shit they wrote on Thickskin and Revolutions Per Minute, they no doubt had this coming.
26.02.2007 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Hahhaa yes in old MS
Same here first 2 albums I like them + Litle Wing Jimi Hendrix cover, good song
New album ist like punk
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.02.2007 - 15:23
Sunioj
The new album sounds so bland and uninspired....I think it was a huge mistake to release a new album.

@Bluescappone,
Yeah, He can really hold his notes, other than that James Dio IMO is also one of the best vocalists out of that time.
27.02.2007 - 16:29
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Aylee_Bodom
hmm no i dind't heard last album, last one from SKid was thick is the skin, and i didn't like it :9

@K7
yeah i forget that i come on MS long time ago and that we changed MS forum
----
Erno Paasilinna
04.03.2007 - 13:21
marillionfan
Account deleted
Their first two albums are their best work; Subhuman Race was a good album. Thickskin was not that bad, but their last was totally disappointing.
07.03.2007 - 14:20
Hyvaarin
Along with Danger Danger, Skid Row were the true kings of hair metal - no band has their attitude or emotion, I think. Pity about the new material...:-|
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
07.03.2007 - 15:32
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah it's shame they ruined image of band witr their newest material
----
Erno Paasilinna
08.03.2007 - 03:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Hyvaarin on 07.03.2007 at 14:20

Along with Danger Danger, Skid Row were the true kings of hair metal - no band has their attitude or emotion, I think. Pity about the new material...:-|

I really wouldnt consider Skid Row hair metal...more just sleaze rock like Guns N Roses, the first album maybe a little.
----
- George Carlin
08.03.2007 - 03:58
Hyvaarin
Written by Doc G. on 08.03.2007 at 03:15

I really wouldnt consider Skid Row hair metal...more just sleaze rock like Guns N Roses, the first album maybe a little.

Eh, that's fair enough. They certainly are WAY more ballsy than most hair metal bands.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.03.2007 - 04:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Hyvaarin on 08.03.2007 at 03:58

Written by Doc G. on 08.03.2007 at 03:15

Eh, that's fair enough. They certainly are WAY more ballsy than most hair metal bands.

Thats for sure. Like even watch the vid for 'Monkey Business' thats just straight up rock n roll, no question about it.
----
- George Carlin
03.05.2007 - 00:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Just picked up 'Slave To The Grind' and I must say its much heavier and 10X better than the debut...and the debut was great!
----
- George Carlin
28.09.2007 - 04:33
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i liked Skid Row's debut album

lol, i was flipping through the channels weeks ago and found 'Celebrity Rap Superstar' or something like that. Sebastian Bach was part ov the competition Rapping! haha.
15.10.2007 - 14:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 28.09.2007 at 04:33

i liked Skid Row's debut album

I agree its good IMO firts and secend are best album of band, but secend lil are comercized, but try EP B-Side Overselfs
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing