Latvian melodic death metalers Preternatural's brand new EP Cryophobia is up for FREE download.

In October 2009 the band already released their debut video "Cryophobia" (watch it here). Now, the self-titled audio follower is available online. You can either download the entire EP here or stream it over at the band's MySpace.

The EP was recorded and mixed with the help of sound engineer Gint Lundberg at Pentagon Music studio in Latvia. It contains two new songs from the upcoming album, one re-recorded and re-arranged song from the band's first demo record Presence, and 2 live tracks performed in Riga, Latvia in 2009.

Vocalist Serg comments: "Currently, we're busy with the new album making process, so this is a gift to all of you in order not to be bored, while waiting for the new album."

Cryophobia [cover art] tracklist:

01. Cryophobia
02. Reptile wings
03. Paranormal Phenomena 2010
04. Reflections (live)
05. Statical (live)

Source: myspace.com

Posted: 06.03.2010 by Thryce

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 06.03.2010 at 23:06
Was anyone else seriously reminded of Korn during playback? Somehow they come off as "nu melodic death metal" to me. A very disappointing EP.
Ragana - 06.03.2010 at 23:20
I'd say they sound like nu-Behemoth-like-melo-something-metal. I don't listen to Korn, dunno about similarities. The EP seems to be pretty harsh... I guess I've forgotten how Preternatural sounds like.

Didn't like the cover art as well, meh.
Metal Maiden - 07.03.2010 at 08:30
I remember hearing an album of theirs a while back...Sounded a bit like Children Of Bodom to me then, they were quite ok, though I lost touch with their music afterwards...I have yet to hear this EP...
Jeeers - 07.03.2010 at 10:31
I loved their full album and this EP isn't bad either.
Bad English - 07.03.2010 at 15:18
I dont like this, not for me

News Soulitude - Entire New Album Available For Free Download 9 05.05.2010 by Vitriolic Hate
News Tristwood - New Album Available For Free Download 9 02.01.2011 by CHEF METALHEAD
News Alerion - New Promo Available For Free Download 9 27.02.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Norther - New Single Available For Free Download 8.5 29.04.2010 by JÄY
News Necrophagia - New Song Available For Free Download 8.5 13.04.2011 by blackdoomy