The Obsidian Conspiracy, the long-awaited new album from Nevermore, will be released in Europe on May 31 and in North America on June 8 via Century Media Records. Another teaser video has been revealed too - the previous one can be found here. Watch the clip below.

The Obsidian Conspiracy [cover art] tracklist:

01. The Termination Proclamation
02. Your Poison Throne
03. Moonrise (Through Mirrors Of Death)
04. And The Maiden Spoke
05. Emptiness Unobstructed
06. The Blue Marble And The New Soul
07. Without Morals
08. The Day You Built The Wall
09. She Comes In Colors
10. The Obsidian Conspiracy

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Nevermore

Posted: 13.04.2010 by *!*

Comments

corrupt - 13.04.2010 at 12:46
This is so awesome!
!J.O.O.E.! - 13.04.2010 at 12:51
I do like that album art but they do seem to have a pre-occupation with young girls recently.

This album has a hell of a lot to live up to but I'm confident it'll rock.
corrupt - 13.04.2010 at 13:05
From the small pieces we have here it seems they move away from the metaphorical lyrics seen on This Godless Endeavor. I hope they just chose bad samples because lyrically TGE is one of the best albums out there. It would be a shame not to follow that path.
Vitriolic Hate - 13.04.2010 at 13:08
Written by corrupt on 13.04.2010 at 12:46

This is so awesome!

I second it !!
Got Mayhem? - 13.04.2010 at 13:36
Holy shit, aren't guitarists supposed to slow down as they get older? This sounds like it's going to be one of the most complex Nevermore albums that Jeff has done yet. This album is at the top of my list to get right now.
Dark Blood - 13.04.2010 at 14:17
Damn... I cant wait for this. I think we might have here the best material Nevermore has ever done so far. Lets hope so... At least the samples look amazing.

Written by Got Mayhem? on 13.04.2010 at 13:36

Gotta agree with you on that. But after all, he's only 37 or 38 and I hope he keeps the heaviness and fastness through many years
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 13.04.2010 at 15:05
I checked Play.Com every day as soon as that artwork was released and pre-ordered it the day it was there. Along with the upcoming Exodus album and Dio's "Holy Diver".

My patience is slowly turning to dust...
RafaRata - 13.04.2010 at 16:32
Sounds killer
Vranalalalalala - 13.04.2010 at 21:48
Oh, I love this song....
Darkside Momo - 13.04.2010 at 22:57
Whoa, Warrell seems to have outdone himself on this one !!!!
Introspekrieg - 13.04.2010 at 23:29
Godless Endeavor Pt. 2?
Eddie Misery - 14.04.2010 at 01:04
Not sure how anyone could think even remotely just from album clips that this could be a Godless Endeavor Pt. 2....that seems to imply that it will be nothing special and just recycled songs. >.>

I have no doubt that this album will be a step above Godless Endeavor, which is saying a lot b/c Godless Endeavor was fucking killer. This is gonna be nothing short of absolutely amazing. Nevermore always delivers.

Can't wait! June 8th can't come fast enough!
MetalSpider - 14.04.2010 at 02:32
Ohhh I can't wait for this one!!!!!! This Godless Endeavor is one of my favourites!
Kap'N Korrupt - 14.04.2010 at 19:09
I think that they install little girls into their artwork because Warrel Dane is trying to point out that technology is forcing the younger generations of girls to grow up too fast. Technology (which is something Dane is very much against) is turning society into ruthless and impatient nations of demonic and forceful people. The more the years pass by, the worse it is and it hits those younger and younger as time passes. That is why I feel that Nevermore is installing the demonic young female imagery into their artwork. You can also see it in the titles of the songs: the title She Comes In Colors would suggest it...she comes to you through the advancement of technology in whatever color that you want...The Day You Built The Wall? That one is easy...the more we advance in technology, the smaller the world is, the more fearful we are of each other, the more walls we build...it just goes on and on...

Awesome music though...this is going to be well worth it...
White Winter Sun - 14.04.2010 at 23:42
These teaser videos sound very promising. Looking forward to this release.
Got Mayhem? - 17.04.2010 at 01:56
I had to just listen to this again, it just sounds amazing. Emptiness Unobstructed sounds very catchy, at least the portion posted does. I swear, that chorus could be put onto the radio and everyone would love Nevermore and everyone would love metal and then everything would be perfect and we'd all be happy.

I'm rambling false hope. Oh well...
Angelic Storm - 17.04.2010 at 02:15
Im even more hyped for this album now! The songs sound like they're going to be awesome, and the title track sounds brutal and epic as hell! Cant wait for this! xD
Angelic Storm - 17.04.2010 at 13:09
Jeff Loomis playing the whole song ''The Obsidian Conspiracy'' live!

News Edenbridge - More Album Details Revealed 7 10.04.2010 by Dominus