Revolution Renaissance mastermind Timo Tolkki has issued the following statement regarding the ultimate fate of the band:

"Due to my private problems, the lack of interest in Revolution Renaissance shows by the promoters, and the current situation in the music industry that affects to everything including the production budgets, it has become impossible to continue the band.

We have tried to book shows in these last three years, but we haven't been able to do so. A rock band cannot exist without direct contact to its fans. Therefore, I have no other choice but to make the decision to stop the band and its activities due to the above mentioned reasons.

The third and final album of the band, Trinity, will be released at the end of September.

From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank all the fans of my music throughout the years. It's been a great journey."

[Also thanks to Daggon for the news]

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Revolution Renaissance

Posted: 29.07.2010 by flamesoficarus

Comments

Darkside Momo - 29.07.2010 at 16:52
Next step, a return to Strato?
vezzy - 29.07.2010 at 17:08
Written by Darkside Momo on 29.07.2010 at 16:52

Next step, a return to Strato?

That'd be hilarious.
Lucas - 29.07.2010 at 17:14
He couldn't book gigs for his band for three years? That's the most hilarious thing I've read this month! What sort of demands does he have, considering even I could book a gig with my now-defunct guitar-vocalist only duo 'band'.
Vitriolic Hate - 29.07.2010 at 17:16
Just .
whitepawel - 29.07.2010 at 17:53
That's a shame. Their last album was far better than Statovarius' Polaris (!!!)
Jon - 29.07.2010 at 18:55
Oh for fuck's sake Tolkki. Nobody can work with you, that much is clear. Retire, retire far away with your weirdness and your long-spent musical talent.
YoreLore - 29.07.2010 at 19:26
Time to end it Tolkki and I dont mean kill yourself. I mean give up on the band situation. RR is so distinctly average that its not really the promoters fault, its just possible that there arent that many fans for this below average material
EmeraldSword - 29.07.2010 at 19:40
I always felt the material was over-hyped. Good luck Tolkki... hopefully you can lay the ego down and resolve those inner demons with a professional.
LeChron James - 29.07.2010 at 20:03
Haaaaaaahahahahahahaha
treptolemus - 29.07.2010 at 20:25
Back to Stratovarius. Make new songs. Good luck anyway man & don't be so grumpy about that. Right?
Black Conundrum - 29.07.2010 at 21:05
Well, that was pretty short. I certainly didn't expect that.
The Shape 1973 - 29.07.2010 at 22:28
It was a still born project from the start. Timmo is a nutter.

I can see him crawling on his ample stomach, begging Strato to take him back. Or... a court case to get the legal right to the name back.
flamesoficarus - 30.07.2010 at 00:22
I remember reading somewhere that he doesnt like to play live anyway ?
strange man
Daggon - 30.07.2010 at 04:52
Somehow, I saw this coming, never liked this albums though.
mikeprado30 - 30.07.2010 at 05:25
This was the "Chronicles to an Announced Death". This band hadn't any future. The two albums were simply HORRORFUL and Timo seems that his talent went out with his sickness in 2004. After that, Timo never was the same again, releasing just bad albums (Stratovarius album is a SHAME for the band, the NEW ERA was hyper-cheesy for me, and AGE OF AQUARIUS hadn't any taste for me). Anyways, Timo spoke some time ago about reunite the first Stratovarius line-up for a new project called PROJECT STRATO, so let's see if that becomes reality or else is just another result of the Timo's issued mind.

And I beg for he NEVER EVER gets back into Stratovarius ANYMORE, not while he still does so crappy music.
ImNotMetal - 30.07.2010 at 05:38
He should make a solo project
Valentin B - 30.07.2010 at 08:29
Written by Lucas on 29.07.2010 at 17:14

haha, my thoughts exactly. fuck, after only about 2 and a half months of rehearsing last October even my band got to book a gig at a youth festival.

in the last few years i've had more gigs than Timo Tolkki
RavenKing - 30.07.2010 at 15:14
Good riddance. This band sucked.
Their first album was bad and "Age Of Aquarius" was simply awful.
Sword_Chant - 30.07.2010 at 15:56
Well at least I have other Power Metal to enjoy; the new blind guardian album for example which I just bought today.

I somehow saw this coming. The 'show' thing is a poor excuse to use, any band even without particular skill can book a show with ease. Very dissapointing. Maybe he has stage anxiety?
Jon - 30.07.2010 at 21:51
The first album had a couple good songs. We Are Magic, for example, was rather catchy in a pop music sort of way. Age of Aquarius was achingly boring and various commenters here are extremely astute in pointing out that with that quality of material noone can get gigs, the songs just aren't exciting enough.

Anyone heard 'In the Year 2525' by Zager & Evans? Now THERE'S a song.

News Revolution Renaissance - Sign With Napalm Records 7.5 29.08.2009 by Uller
News Revolution Renaissance - Ex-Hammerfall Bassist Joins The Band 6 02.11.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Revolution Renaissance - New Album Title, New Keyboard Player 6 25.05.2010 by Vitriolic Hate
News Revolution Renaissance - South American Tour Postponed 6 09.12.2008 by Introspekrieg
Reviews Revolution Renaissance - New Era 4.5 26.10.2008 by BORT