We saw this coming and the band has confirmed it. Leaves' Eyes has decided to cancel the remainder of their North American Tour after their Co-Headliners Kamelot pulled out earlier this month due to Roy Khan's Illness. The band writes:-

"Dear Fans & Friends, We regret to announce that the remaining dates of our North-American Tour will not take place. This also includes the show in Mexico City. As a result of Kamelot's last-minute cancellation of their headlining tour, Leaves' Eyes still tried their best to play as many dates in the USA and Canada as possible. The big gap between the cancelled Kamelot tourdates and our own headlining dates is just to big to overcome. This made it impossible to continue any further.

We are feeling terribly sorry for having to release this statement as we put an immense amount of energy and effort to make a full North-American tour happen. Everybody was very excited to play in North America and Mexico again. However, the power to decide was not at all in our hands. We deeply regret that we now had to stop touring and return to Europe.

We are very greatful to our fans, friends, Blackguard, the radio stations, all the promoters who made it possible for us to play the shows we did so far. We will never forget these fantastic moments. We really hope that we have better luck when touring North America next time."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Leaves' Eyes

Posted: 30.09.2010 by BudDa

Comments

WorpeX - 30.09.2010 at 20:01
They actually attempted to tour without Kamelot? They didn't mention it, but I have a feeling no one showed up to see them and that was why they are pulling out. In fact, the reason they mentioned really didn't make much sense at all.
Lovecraft - 01.10.2010 at 05:25
I was thinking the same thing.
Mr. Burns - 01.10.2010 at 17:11
Yeah that's what it sounds like to me also.
GT - 01.10.2010 at 17:57
To me it sounds like the had additional shows where they were the headliners. Trying to play those are of course preferable but I can fully understand that there cancelling the whole thing
pendragonx - 01.10.2010 at 21:06
I'm surprised they played any shows.. I was totally going to see them & Kamelot too ... I would have gone just to see them if the show hadn't completely been cancelled like it was.. oh well :-/
Winterthrone - 02.10.2010 at 00:21
Well in Montreal, Canada a lot of peiople showed up even if Kamelot had cancelled their presence, but I can Imagine that it wasn't the same in every other place they played...That's unfortunate cause in my opinion Leave's Eyes are a better band than Kamelot (I'm not gonna tell you what Kamelot or camelote means in French LOL!)

News Leaves' Eyes - North American Tour Cancelled 10.5 17.09.2008 by -DC-002-
News Leaves' Eyes - North American Tour 2008 10.5 07.06.2007 by Bad English
News Leaves' Eyes, Kamelot - North American Tour Announced 10.5 12.01.2007 by Susan
News Scar Symmetry - Cancel North American Tour 7 15.11.2012 by Necrodamus