Paracletus, the fifth full-length by French black metallers Deathspell Omega, will be out on November 9th. Paracletus is the last chapter of a trilogy which took nine years to complete, a musical and spiritual quest during which everything was put at risk. The record closes the circle to the hallucinated sound of dissonant violence and menacing splendour, exploring the depths of abjection and the corruption of the other worlds on high.

And the best thing is, you can now download a full song off Paracletus for free. Click here to check out the track "Devouring Famine".

Paracletus [cover art] tracklist:

01. Epiklesis I
02. Wings Of Predation
03. Abscission
04. Dearth
05. Phosphene
06. Epiklesis II
07. Malconfort
08. Have You Beheld The Fevers?
09. Devouring Famine [.mp3]
10. Apokatastasis Pantôn

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Deathspell Omega

Posted: 14.10.2010 by Thryce

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 14.10.2010 at 17:52
*attempts to contain girly excitement whilst it downloads*
Kenos - 14.10.2010 at 18:17
OMG OMG Oh My Goooooood!!
Derelict Earth - 14.10.2010 at 18:39
DOWNLOAD FASTER DAMNIT !!!
Kenos - 14.10.2010 at 18:43
Ok... This track is chaotic, dissonant, sharp, bestial... It sounds like a natural evolution of "FAS", just a little less experimental and dazing but at the same time more defining and mature, not unlike their latest EP "Veritas Diaboli..". That's all well and good, but I'll obviously wait to listen to the entire full-lenght before judging.
Derelict Earth - 14.10.2010 at 18:43
And now I can't wait for the whole album ... The track hasn't finished yet and my ass is kicked beyond everything ...
Derelict Earth - 14.10.2010 at 18:55
Written by Guest on 14.10.2010 at 18:43

You are right it's in the same vein as FAS, but you didn't like Chaining the Katechon ? I found this track to be pure awesomeness in it's own different genre.
!J.O.O.E.! - 14.10.2010 at 19:00
It sounds a little rawer and dense than the last EP. I was expecting a continuation of the hints of melody that appeared on it. Might still get it, it's only one song afterall.
Derelict Earth - 14.10.2010 at 19:04
!J.O.O.E.! i don't think so, It's supposed to be the last chapter of the trilogy so it will be in the same vein as FAS and SMRC. I love their last EP and I hope they will do stuff like it after this album.
Kenos - 14.10.2010 at 19:08
Written by Derelict Earth on 14.10.2010 at 18:55

Me too.
With "not unlike" I mean: it's not that different from "Chaining The Katechon", which I find really impressive!
Everlost - 14.10.2010 at 19:09
Oh god yes, this sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to hear the full album.
Dangerboner - 14.10.2010 at 19:14
The tracks are shorter than expected, so I'm assuming this is going to be similar to their Manifestations material, which is good
Derelict Earth - 14.10.2010 at 19:22
Written by Guest on 14.10.2010 at 19:08

Written by Derelict Earth on 14.10.2010 at 18:55

Me too.

Oh my bad ! I read "not like" ...
Got Mayhem? - 15.10.2010 at 02:34
Sounds like "Fas..." with a healthy shot of Gorguts.

News Deathspell Omega - New Album To Be Released In November 8 23.09.2010 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Deathspell Omega - New EP Available For Streaming 7.5 25.07.2012 by ArcesseEum
News Testament - New Track Available For Download, Lyric Video Released 5.5 03.07.2012 by Zaphod
News Atheist - New Track Available For Download 5.5 09.10.2010 by vezzy
News Soulfly - New Track Available For Download 5.5 25.01.2012 by AndMetalForAll