Belgian black metallers Gorath have started the recordings for their upcoming album to be released in the first part of 2011 through Twilight Vertrieb. Watch the album trailer below.

Album number 5 will again be a concept album of which more information will be released during the coming months. Recordings and mix are set for January at Gorath's home based Crestfallen Studio and the Shumcot Studio. Tore Stjerna (Necromorbus Studio) will take care of the final mastering. Invert the triangle and cross your fingers for what it might be worth!

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Gorath

Posted: 02.01.2011 by BudDa

Comments

Xnoybis - 02.01.2011 at 10:34
Their last was pretty good... hope for something at least on par with it.
TheBigRossowski - 02.01.2011 at 15:07
I thought Misotheism was a badass album, but I never even checked out the next one. I heard a few songs on myspace from the new album and they weren't really too interesting.

So now I'll check that album out and when the new one comes out, we'll see...
RavenKing - 02.01.2011 at 22:02
I heard only "Misotheism" but it sounded way too much like Death Metal for my tastes.
!J.O.O.E.! - 03.01.2011 at 16:09
Written by RavenKing on 02.01.2011 at 22:02

I don't recall anything in Misotheism that sounds even remotely like death metal. It has a bit of pace and aggression to it at times but nothing like death metal.

Misotheism was excellent anyway so expectations for this are high.
Ozman - 03.01.2011 at 16:26
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 03.01.2011 at 16:09

Written by RavenKing on 02.01.2011 at 22:02

Misotheism was excellent anyway so expectations for this are high.

Just listened for the very first time to the one that was released earlier this year. And once again that was some stellar stuff. A bit more doomy than MIsotheism though, which is not really surprising since Filip also has a sludge doom project so I think some of that seeped into this one.
As for death metal in Misotheism... Nothing death in there at all.
!J.O.O.E.! - 03.01.2011 at 16:29
Quote:
Written by Ozman on 03.01.2011 at 16:26

As for death metal in Misotheism... Nothing death in there at all.

I was wondering about that one, I hear people talk about Misotheism all the time but never the one the came after. I assumed they'd flopped or something. Anyway a doomy addition to Misotheism's style would sound great I reckon.
RavenKing - 03.01.2011 at 16:42
If I recall correctly, it's vocals that sounded like Death Metal to me, not really the music.
!J.O.O.E.! - 03.01.2011 at 16:46
Written by RavenKing on 03.01.2011 at 16:42

Again they strike me as more baritone than that you'd find in a death band. Seriously, discarding a whole album because the vocals are an octave below what you'd want it to be? You must have a hard time liking anything.
RavenKing - 03.01.2011 at 16:51
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 03.01.2011 at 16:46

Written by RavenKing on 03.01.2011 at 16:42

It's not only a matter of vocals. Their music simply failed to give me any kind of emotion.
As for having a hard time liking anything, I've always been picky and I'm quite fine with it. I have already more stuff than I can find time to listen to.

News Enochian Theory - Busy Recording New Album 7 04.09.2011 by tea[m]ster