Original Six Feet Under bassist Terry Butler has told Blabbermouth that he and longtime drummer Greg Gall have quit the band. Butler (ex-Death, ex-Massacre) will now be playing with Obituary instead.

Butler's statement goes as follows: "I would just like to put it out there that Greg Gall and I have parted ways with Six Feet Under.

As many of you know, I have been helping Obituary out on bass over the past year and now will be officially joining them as a permanent band member. Being in Six Feet Under for 16 years, I have had the pleasure of meeting a lot of our dedicated fans and have made many friends along the way. I hope to see you out there! I wish nothing but the best for Chris Barnes and Steve Swanson in their future with Six Feet Under."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Six Feet Under

Posted: 01.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

ImperialTroll - 01.02.2011 at 13:39
FUCK!
BudDa - 01.02.2011 at 13:47
Wait..I thot it was DiGiorgio helping out Obituary on bass..
joco - 01.02.2011 at 16:44
Shit... that's a great band!! I hope barnes' gonna find band members and do the metal for more years!!!!!!

PS: I play opn bass guitar and know all the SFU songs, so somebody tell itt to Barnes:D
I_Die_Often - 02.02.2011 at 01:18
Did they leave cuz the last few albums SUCKED!?! And no more Graveyard Classics!!!! Got it?!?
I wish SFU luck and hopefully a return with some good shit!
JD - 02.02.2011 at 12:17
Good news SFU need some changes.
Angelic Storm - 02.02.2011 at 12:22
The irony of this is, SFU started out sounding like a 2nd rate Obituary.

Current Obituary is more generic than SFU... very strange move by Terry and Greg! lol

Ive never rated Greg that highly as a drummer, to be honest. He's decent and solid, but nothing more. Hopefully Chris can find a really great drummer to fill the position. :\
Marcel Hubregtse - 02.02.2011 at 12:34
Maybe they will finally release something worthwhile. Unbelievable that the single most generic and boring us death metal band ever has managed to release so many worthless albums during their career.
Huntteri - 02.02.2011 at 16:21
Allen West back?
Daggon - 03.02.2011 at 07:15
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.02.2011 at 12:34

I was just about to start bitching about this band but, well, seems like you are one step ahead hahaha.
In my humble opinion (lol) the entire band should quit
Huntteri - 03.02.2011 at 11:45
Written by Daggon on 03.02.2011 at 07:15

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.02.2011 at 12:34

In my humble opinion (lol) the entire band should quit

HELL NO! if they are able to make some great stuff (in veins of the first three albums) with the new line-up I don't have a problem with this band, but if they are going to make another bringer of blood... then I'm going to cry
TST.LP - 03.02.2011 at 16:07
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 13:39

FUCK!

Yeah, Fuck !
Angelic Storm - 03.02.2011 at 16:17
Written by Huntteri on 03.02.2011 at 11:45

Im actually not too struck on the first two albums. For the most part, they just sounded like a 2nd rate Obituary-meets-stoner hybrid. There is a small amount of stuff I enjoy from those albums, but overall, I find them a bit dull. The 3rd album "Maximum Violence" was when the started getting more consistent with the songwriting. IMO at least. lol
Huntteri - 04.02.2011 at 09:29
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.02.2011 at 16:17

Written by Huntteri on 03.02.2011 at 11:45

Yeah sometimes Warpath was kinda dull, but in my opinion Haunted is a classic just like the next two albums which came after haunted. True Carnage had some nice and decent songs but one bullet left kinda ruins everything. I'm not saying that it is a bad song! it is just so weird to hear rapvocals in death metal song O.o

News Six Feet Under - Enter The Studio 9 10.05.2008 by ArtiA
News Six Feet Under - Have New Drummer 9 31.05.2013 by D.T. Metal
News Six Feet Under - Tap Chimaira Bassist For Euro Tour 9 28.03.2011 by Kwis
News Creative Waste - Drummer Kevin Talley To Guest On Debut Album 9 08.03.2012 by blackdoomy
News Six Feet Under - Dååth Drummer Joins Ranks 9 03.02.2011 by Troy Killjoy