The release of Septicflesh's new opus The Great Mass is now two months ahead. After the cover artwork of the jewel case edition last week, it is time to unveil the tracklisting of the Greek demons' new masterpiece.

An mp3 for "The Vampire From Nazareth", the first single off the new album, can be found over here. More album details were previously reported over here.

The Great Mass tracklist:

10. Therianthropy

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Septicflesh

Posted: 17.02.2011 by Megad3th

Comments

MechanisT - 17.02.2011 at 22:37
Looks promising...judging from the track titles, I feel they've shifted their focus from Sumerian mythology, but hey, if the music's good, who am I to complain?
Lovecraft - 17.02.2011 at 22:51
Indeed. I am so looking forward to this!
ImperialTroll - 17.02.2011 at 23:08
I really like the artwork its really deep and the whole album looks good can't wait!
MetalSpider - 17.02.2011 at 23:41
I need this album now! Along with new Amon Amarth and Moonsorrow! Can't wait! lol
Deadmeat - 17.02.2011 at 23:55
I dont care about the titles of this album. i just want their music!
Heretic - 18.02.2011 at 00:33
Judging from "The Vampire From Nazareth" , this album is gonna kill !
Dark Blood - 18.02.2011 at 01:39
This is one of the most anticipating albums of the year for me! I just hope the sounds don't get as direct and simple as the tittles.
Eidwlon - 18.02.2011 at 12:21
Am I the only one who is afraid this album will be a big letdown compared to Communion? I liked the death-metal-like riffs and vocals on that one, but judging from The Vampire From Nazareth, The Great Mass is just going to be all orchestra and breakdowns.

On the other hand, whatever it sounds like, I'll still buy it for the amazing cover artwork.
Heretic - 18.02.2011 at 17:04
Probably it's not going to be as great as communion but still it's not going to be a letdown
ChibiDemigod - 18.02.2011 at 23:46
Cant wait for this! April
garmling - 19.02.2011 at 13:55
Written by Eidwlon on 18.02.2011 at 12:21

buy cd for artwork? the dumbest sentence I've ever heard....what's the problem with orchestra used in metal music (heard it hundred times about new Dimmu Borgir album, which is awesome btw)? as long as it sounds good I don't give a shit...the point of music as I comprehend it is to move your emotions in a certain way...is it metal, techno, industrial, classic, folk etc doesn't matter as long as it spark certain feelings in my head and this song indeed do that....ok, we all have different tastes, that's something natural, but please, do not dissect music in such robotic way, it is cold and mechanical, not human...now, I have to rape some nun, which is human mad emotion caused by this song
3rdWorldFuckFace - 19.02.2011 at 17:00
Cover art is awesome enough!
Eidwlon - 20.02.2011 at 23:39
Written by garmling on 19.02.2011 at 13:55

A music album isn't just about the music, you know... Well maybe some bands bring out albums like that, but I know that Seth put a lot of effort in the visual art for The Great Mass. If you don't care about that, you can just buy the music from iTunes or something.
And I didn't mean to dissect the music robotically, I just tried to name what it is in the song that makes me less enthusiastic for it than I was for Communion. If for you it's all about 'sparking feelings' in 'a certain way', I guess we're not talking on the same level, whatever levels that may be.

News Saturnus - New Album Release Date And Tracklist Revealed 6 10.10.2012 by MechanisT
News Orange Goblin - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 5.5 03.10.2011 by qlacs
News Edenbridge - Album Tracklist Revealed 5.5 17.12.2009 by annodomini