Nine Inch Nails mainman Trent Reznor and frequent NIN collaborator Atticus Ross have won an Oscar for their Original Score on the The Social Network, the 2010 motion picture about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.

Earlier this year, the duo already won a Golden Globe Award for their compositions.

The 83rd annual Academy Awards were held last night, Sunday February 27th.

The Social Network soundtrack album was released in October by The Null Corporation, Reznor's own independent record label. A five track sampler EP is available for download at the whopping price of your e-mail address at this location.

Source: oscars.org
Band profile: Nine Inch Nails

Posted: 28.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

Marcus - 28.02.2011 at 10:42
Pretty cool, good for him! Although I gotta say I can't remember a thing about the music, good or bad. The soundtrack really took a backseat to the rest of the movie.
MechanisT - 28.02.2011 at 12:25
Sweet! Bring home the candy!
Yojimbo - 28.02.2011 at 13:08
Good for him, I guess. The Oscars, like any award show, are really just a sham.
MechanisT - 28.02.2011 at 15:20
Now all that remains is a belated Oscar to Ulver for "Svidd Neger"...
4look4rd - 28.02.2011 at 15:41
Black Swan should have won for best original score. But if I were to give out the oscars, Black Swan would have won everything xD (I missed the King's Speech, so I don't know how overrated that movie is). And yes Inception sucked.
Behdad K - 28.02.2011 at 15:51
Written by Yojimbo on 28.02.2011 at 13:08

Good for him, I guess. The Oscars, like any award show, are really just a sham.

Totally agree with you.
I don't get what all of these awards are about! I think it's about how much the producer company pays!

P.S. I hate Facebook and everything related!
4look4rd - 28.02.2011 at 15:56
Written by Behdad K on 28.02.2011 at 15:51

Written by Yojimbo on 28.02.2011 at 13:08

Good for him, I guess. The Oscars, like any award show, are really just a sham.

Totally agree with you.

P.S. I hate Facebook and everything related!

The Social Network was actually a pretty decent movie.... sure it was mainstream but it was really well done, the opening dialog alone took 99 takes for them to nail it.
Steadydrummer619 - 28.02.2011 at 17:23
Man, I wanted Hans Zimmer to win! The first time I heard the "Inception" Soundtrack, It gave me Chills!
3rdWorldFuckface - 28.02.2011 at 18:04
First it was Eminem in 2003 and now Trent Reznor! I think the Academy is getting more sensible
in noticing non-mainstream/underground artists...............Or is it really?????????? hmmmmmmmmmm
Dark Blood - 28.02.2011 at 19:27
Written by Marcus on 28.02.2011 at 10:42

I agree. I dont really remember anything from the soundtrack as well. Maybe I was too busy focussing on the dialogue?
But good to know they won. I liked the movie and I think they deserved the other winnings.
Marcus - 28.02.2011 at 19:45
Written by 4look4rd on 28.02.2011 at 15:41

It was actually an adaptation from a Tchaikovsky piece so it was ineligible, although I agree, the music in the movie was incredbile.
Dominus - 28.02.2011 at 23:52
Lol
cluster53 - 01.03.2011 at 00:26
Written by MechanisT on 28.02.2011 at 15:20

Now all that remains is a belated Oscar to Ulver for "Svidd Neger"...

Oh Yeah!!!!!!! The Best Score I've ever heard!
Black Conundrum - 01.03.2011 at 02:27
I also do not think highly of such award shows, but congratulations to Trent Reznor, I guess. I've not seen the movie, but since Inception was brought up, and I have seen that, I think I'll comment on that. I find it an excellent film with an awesome soundtrack. I'd definitely buy the soundtrack, given the opportunity and/or availability or something like that.
Evil Chip - 01.03.2011 at 03:11
The soundtrack was amazing and very unique for filmscore music. It had a really cool electronic manage with some piano parts. The soundtrack from Inception is great but too much from the same.
Bitch Boy - 02.03.2011 at 01:22
Written by Guest on 28.02.2011 at 18:04

Eminem non-mainstream/underground artist? Guess you're just talking about his times as a blue-collar worker participating in rap competitions?

Not even Trent is "non-mainstream/underground"
3rdWorldFuckface - 02.03.2011 at 06:01
Written by Bitch Boy on 02.03.2011 at 01:22

Written by Guest on 28.02.2011 at 18:04

Not even Trent is "non-mainstream/underground"

Well Eminem may be mainstream nowadays but NIN????????? just take a look at the stats of how much people buy NIN albums every year compared to other alt bands such as Coldplay, Muse, Green Day, Alice in chains,Pearl Jam etc. OMG!!!!!!!!! and they aren't even half as good as NIN!!!!
Bitch Boy - 02.03.2011 at 22:40
Written by Guest on 02.03.2011 at 06:01

Written by Bitch Boy on 02.03.2011 at 01:22

Written by Guest on 28.02.2011 at 18:04

Not even Trent is "non-mainstream/underground"

I see your point. But you are using really well-known artists (and a real piece of crap called Green Day) as examples; I've seen many NIN videos in MTV, which makes him not precisely non-mainstream. I would consider bands such as Disgorge, Love Like Blood or Elegeion to be trully underground/non-mainstream.

News Trent Reznor - Wins Golden Globe For Best Original Score 18 17.01.2011 by ScanDoppelganger
News How To Destroy Angels - EP Available For Free Download 9 01.06.2010 by Darkside Momo
News Nine Inch Nails - Reznor Announces Return Of The Band 9 25.02.2013 by Introspekrieg
News Nine Inch Nails - Announces More USA Tour Dates 7.5 27.08.2008 by Black Conundrum
News Musicians Launch Campaign Against The Use Of Their Music At Guantanamo 7.5 24.10.2009 by Metal Maiden