Major news update from the Morbid Angel camp!

The seminally influential extreme metal band has set Illud Divinum Insanus as the title of their eagerly awaited forthcoming album, which has been scheduled for a June 6th release (one day later in North America) through Season Of Mist.

Illud Divinum Insanus will be Morbid Angel's eighth studio album - their first in as many years and also the first since legendary frontman David Vincent rejoined the fold in 2004. The album will be the band's first to be recorded without longtime drummer Pedro "Pete" Sandoval, who last year underwent back surgery for a deteriorating disc problem. Filling in for him on a temporary basis is Tim Yeung, who has previously played with Divine Heresy, Nile, Hate Eternal and Vital Remains.

Prior to the release of the album, a single for the song "Nevermore" will be out on May 16th as 7" vinyl and digital download. The B-side will be another song from the album, remixed by Combichrist.

More news soon!

In other news, Morbid Angel has already secured a series of headline shows and festival appearances:

May 21 - Dark Day Festival - Osaka, Japan
August14 - Bloodstock Open Air - Walton-on-Trent, England

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel

Posted: 09.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

MechanisT - 09.03.2011 at 16:57
Latin, eh? Sounds cool on it's own merit, but don't know what it means. Can anyone tell me what it means?
Syk - 09.03.2011 at 17:01
Written by MechanisT on 09.03.2011 at 16:57
I looked up "illusion" in my dictionary; apparently it's derived from "illudo" = "mock". So... 'Mocking the Crazy God[s]'? Something like that...

Very happy to have news that they're still active on this album, but come on... surely an NZ show can fit in at the end of May?!
MechanisT - 09.03.2011 at 17:04
Written by Syk on 09.03.2011 at 17:01

Written by MechanisT on 09.03.2011 at 16:57
I looked up "illusion" in my dictionary; apparently it's derived from "illudo" = "mock". So... 'Mocking the Crazy God'? Something like that...

Makes sense, I guess. Thanks for the insight!
Captain Obvious - 09.03.2011 at 17:11
With Duke Nukem Forever on the way it's only fitting that Morbid Angel finally have this thing coming out. This is the best news I've heard all year

Also... releasing it on June 6th, most CD stores open at 6 am...very clever guys!
Deadmeat - 09.03.2011 at 17:21
Yeah! oh my god! i cannot fucking wait! the moment has come!
Troy Killjoy - 09.03.2011 at 17:32
Written by Syk on 09.03.2011 at 17:01

Written by MechanisT on 09.03.2011 at 16:57

I think it's more along the lines of mocking divine law.
arj - 09.03.2011 at 17:33
Finally some good news from the Morbid Angel camp. I have a feeling that 2011 will go down as a year with almost too many good metal releases
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.03.2011 at 17:39
What the fuck: a Combichrist remix?!

Wasn't expecting that. I can't imagine how that came to be. I can see Morbid Angel murdering LaPlegua through his arrogance.
Deadmeat - 09.03.2011 at 17:43
Written by arj on 09.03.2011 at 17:33

it'll surely be a year with MANY releases from important bands. let's hope they'll all succeed!
Abattoir - 09.03.2011 at 17:54
Very promising and awaited stuff...looking forward to.
Angelic Storm - 09.03.2011 at 18:19
Here's hoping the very long wait for this album will be worth it! Im very interested in hearing what this is going to be like, with it being so long with David Vincent out of the band...
Meller - 09.03.2011 at 18:38
...finally. The King is back and shredding humanity into pulverized mass. *grins with sadistic glee*
arj - 09.03.2011 at 18:39
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.03.2011 at 18:19

Here's to hoping that he will bring back the old epicness

Just bow to me faithfully
Bow to me splendidly
sq_xeper - 09.03.2011 at 18:43
Awesome news, good to se they follow the alphabetical album names, can't wait for this one!!
Vivi' - 09.03.2011 at 18:43
I translate it as 'That divine insanity'.
BitterCOld - 09.03.2011 at 18:49
I am vaguely interested. glad it's coming out, but it has been so long they should have skipped i,j,k, and just gone straight to an album title starting with "L".

i hope it's all that and a bag of andy capp hot fries, but am skeptical based upon the delays and the last couple albums.
Thrash666 - 09.03.2011 at 20:08
Cant Wait!!!!!
@gent_-_orange - 09.03.2011 at 20:17
Awesome.... Cant wait to hear the new stuff. They have been silent for too long.
Zombie - 09.03.2011 at 21:27
How long was it, eight years ?
goddamit i've been waiting for this album, it better be awesome !!
Daydream Nation - 10.03.2011 at 04:44
Sounds interesting...very nice title.
Destructo - 10.03.2011 at 07:06
This is THE best news I have heard till date in 2011. Can't fucking wait. I have a feeling this new album is gonna be a fuckin' nuke !!! Fingers crosses. Every day till June 6th is gonna make me crazy with expectation.
UberreggiN - 10.03.2011 at 11:01
Ugh, Combichrist remix? Great...
Bastard Child - 10.03.2011 at 13:31
The translator say "The Divine Foolish"
Kenos - 10.03.2011 at 13:53
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.03.2011 at 17:32

Written by Syk on 09.03.2011 at 17:01

Written by MechanisT on 09.03.2011 at 16:57

I think it's more along the lines of mocking divine law.

Err, no, "ille, illa, illud" (respectively masculine, feminine and neutral) in latin is simply a demonstrative pronoun. And it means: "that". So I guess the translation is more or less "that insane/foolish god/divinity". Although I think this latin album title is a bit incorrect...
Syk - 10.03.2011 at 14:49
Written by Guest on 10.03.2011 at 13:53
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.03.2011 at 17:32
Written by Syk on 09.03.2011 at 17:01
Written by MechanisT on 09.03.2011 at 16:57

I think it's more along the lines of mocking divine law.
I'll believe that. BTW thanks for posting - despite what my Collection page says, you appear to be my closest musical neighbour... I think I need to buy VEmpire
Troy Killjoy - 10.03.2011 at 15:49
Written by Guest on 10.03.2011 at 13:53

My guess is they just picked some cool-sounding Latin words and put them together to form the album title.
Kenos - 10.03.2011 at 16:41
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.03.2011 at 15:49

Written by Guest on 10.03.2011 at 13:53

That'd be nothing new, especially coming from a black/death metal band. Just look at other bands like Dark Funeral or Gorgoroth: "Attera Totus Sanctus"? "Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus"? "Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt"? They're all fucking misspelled, and unintentionally hilarious. Come on guys... If you don't even know basic latin, why don't you just write in english? -.-"
BitterCOld - 10.03.2011 at 18:26
Kenos - 10.03.2011 at 19:20
ROFL
Milena - 26.12.2011 at 18:27
This thread has now been deemed lol worthy.
Dentura - 06.09.2012 at 22:49
Yeah, even before hearing the album I thought that title was stupid (and i took Latin for about four years).

News Morbid Angel - Reveal Cover Art Work From New Album Designed By Gustavo Sazes 10.5 30.03.2011 by @gent_-_orange
News Death Angel - Reveal New Album Details 7 07.08.2013 by Truemetaljope
News As I Lay Dying - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 7 23.06.2012 by Darth Mitchell
News Septicflesh - Reveal New Album Title 7 04.01.2011 by Veljko?