So it seems like Ark, who only reformed at the end of 2009, are breaking up again. As usual with Ark, an official statement is missing, but drummer John Macaluso (Chris Caffery, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-Jorn) recently posted the following not-to-be-misunderstood message on his Facebook wall:

"Ark is over for good bro. After going through it again, I had it. I am done. I tried but the thing I thought would change did not and I have to move on from it for good. Sorry, could [have] been amazing! Lots of new music coming out soon though."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ark

Posted: 16.07.2011 by Zhao

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 16.07.2011 at 14:49
Shame. Would have loved to hear Tore Østby's guitar playing again.
qlacs - 16.07.2011 at 15:07
I spoke to John a few times through FB, he said that recordings delayed always, but this...
Darkside Momo - 16.07.2011 at 15:10
Shit. Their new album was definitely something I was waiting for...
Zhao - 16.07.2011 at 18:20
At least this means Tore might get the drive to get a new band or ressurect another one.
bazinko - 16.07.2011 at 18:21
A shame indeed... Would've been weird without Jorn though.
Dark Blood - 17.07.2011 at 05:14
Really a shame... A new album would've been great..
Black Conundrum - 19.07.2011 at 08:38
That was short. It sucks about them splitting up, because new music from the Ark camp would be interesting to hear. By the way, what would "Lots of new music coming out soon though" mean? That would probably mean from other related projects and not Ark.
Zhao - 20.07.2011 at 21:37
Written by Black Conundrum on 19.07.2011 at 08:38

from what I could gather, John's working with a band called Unwritten Pages for their next album. Oh, and yeah, Ark is dead, he would'nt dare to try claiming that Tore was insignificant.

News Vicious Rumors - Vocalist Leaves Again But Band Is Not Breaking Up 4 18.11.2007 by Asitis
News Children Of Bodom - Alexi Laiho Wounded (Again) 2.5 07.02.2007 by Warman