Nightwish have announced on their Imaginaerum website that their new album, Imaginaerum, will be released on November 30th in Finland and on December 2nd in Europe.

Tuomas Holopainen made the following statement: "Originally, this was supposed to be the centerfold image of the album but once I and some mates saw the final image, we immediately knew that the hunt for the actual cover artwork was over. I believe this is Toxic Angel's finest piece of work yet, capturing the deepest essence of what Imaginaerum is all about. The power of imagination and places of wordless wonders, magic and awe, of longing and the surreal.

I emphasized from the start that not a single living thing should be seen in the picture, and Toxic was able to create that sublime but desolate, 'all this waiting for you, and you only' - feeling.

All you need is the courage to enter."

Imaginaerum tracklist and cover art:

01. Taikatalvi
13. Imaginaerum

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 09.09.2011 by Shadowcross

Comments

ErnilEnNaur - 09.09.2011 at 11:13
Not as impressed with the cover art as Tuomas. It's not bad either though.
Windrider - 09.09.2011 at 12:08
I like the cover art very much, yet still dont know how to fill the format of a CD cover

The tracklist is somehow... disappointing to me, Storytime and Ghost River sound cool but the rest leaves nothing of the 'magical' feeling the title and artwork intend to represent...

EDIT: The key lies in here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150788334545068&set=a.10150185750375068.435058.14644790067&type=1&theater
Angel_Lament - 09.09.2011 at 12:43
Well, tracklist somehow looks promising and the cover is nice but how is gonna fit a CD cover??
Rogue Element - 09.09.2011 at 14:46
Maybe it's a digipak with a gatefold sort of deal?
Zenzero - 09.09.2011 at 15:12
Another step ahead! Great band!
ErnilEnNaur - 09.09.2011 at 15:26
This is what the actual case with the cover will look like apparently: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150788334545068&set=a.10150185750375068.435058.14644790067&type=1&theater
Dead Winter Days - 09.09.2011 at 16:18
OMG a new Nightwish album I can't believe it!!!!1111 OMFG
Cynic Metalhead - 09.09.2011 at 17:14
Nightwish is one of my favorite bands and now without Tarja it has to be little bit bend towards their innovation....excited for sure but lets see how they come up.
tirim4 - 09.09.2011 at 17:43
Freaking annoying album art!!! Good looking but I hate the aspect ratio. Will be hard to find a way to make it as goodlooking in 1:1 ratio. The Website allso has some teasers for each song which all kinda seems too cheesy for me. I suppose I will have to get this album though as I was really hyped about it when I first heard of it in like 2009...
MétalNoir - 09.09.2011 at 18:28
Great cover art, cool song titles... now let's hope this album will live up to expectations. If they've managed to write a whole album that sounds as sweet as "The Poet and the Pendulum", I might even like it as much as Tarja-era albums.
Delamortia - 09.09.2011 at 18:29
The album art isn't as good as I expected, though the tracklist seems promising.
Let's see! At least that's something to long for, together with the movie and albums of Metallica, Megadeth and Shinedown.
Unhealer - 09.09.2011 at 19:00
I really like the artwork.
Hope that such a big project is backed up by good music.

Also liked the songtitle "Turn Loose The Mermaids", just because it remainds me to "Turn Loose the Swans".
I can already imagine Anette growling to that song.
JakeTheSage - 09.09.2011 at 22:20
Wait, it's set for release this year? I thought we weren't getting it until 2012.

Either way, it looks nice. I like Olzen as a vocalist a lot and am interested in hearing some more of her on this.
Soviet - 09.09.2011 at 22:59
Album art looks pretty interesting, so do the song titles. Really looking forward to this!

I haven't been this excited for an album since Iron Maiden's final frontier. It had great art and song titles as well, but it wasn't very good... :O
Void Eater - 10.09.2011 at 01:30
Reminds me of Deconstruction for some reason. Not really excited about this, but I'll giv eit a listen.
Dark Blood - 10.09.2011 at 03:13
The cover art is not bad. Kinda with the same vibe as the last 2 if you ask me. Same goes for the tracklist, but I can't judge just by the names of the song.
Super_Greg - 10.09.2011 at 22:09
"Turn Loose the Mermaids" LOL
SymphAlchemist - 11.09.2011 at 02:09
It seems like this album will be too much of a fantasy. The covering is fancy indeed and beautiful, the songtitles make the album seem like a tales book. But let's wait and see. I mean, listen.
M C Vice - 11.09.2011 at 12:18
Written by tirim4 on 09.09.2011 at 17:43

Of course it's cheesy - it's European Power Metal. You shouldn't listen to it if your lactose intolerant.
tirim4 - 11.09.2011 at 16:16
Written by M C Vice on 11.09.2011 at 12:18

Written by tirim4 on 09.09.2011 at 17:43

I suppose you have a point but but even DPP felt a bit darker and less "Hey Im a sad man writing about me being old and not remembering my past sadface".
The Shape 1973 - 11.09.2011 at 18:08
I feel like a 5year old waiting for Christmas. Its been a long time since I have looked forward to an album so much. Think the last one was DPP.
KING*OF*DARKNESS - 13.09.2011 at 15:17
Wow great cover
KING*OF*DARKNESS - 13.09.2011 at 15:17
Can't wait
Yavanna - 13.09.2011 at 15:38
The cover is really nice, I am hoping for a great album too
Azarath - 13.09.2011 at 22:49
I'm actually quite excited about this. Sure, DPP was their weakest album yet but I'm still certain that they (he) can deliver something great.

However, I doubt any song can live up to a title as awesome as "Turn Loose the Mermaids".
Milena - 17.09.2011 at 18:11
Written by Azarath on 13.09.2011 at 22:49

I lol'd at 'Song Of Myself'. Aren't they ALL?
Azarath - 18.09.2011 at 22:00
Written by Milena on 17.09.2011 at 18:11

Written by Azarath on 13.09.2011 at 22:49

I lol'd at 'Song Of Myself'. Aren't they ALL?

Apparently that song is based on a Walt Whitman poem but yeah, he's getting more and more self-centered lyrically.

Maybe he should go back to writing "Hear the cats meowing in the temple" lyrics for a while.
Milena - 18.09.2011 at 23:18
Written by Azarath on 18.09.2011 at 22:00

Written by Milena on 17.09.2011 at 18:11

Written by Azarath on 13.09.2011 at 22:49

I lol'd at 'Song Of Myself'. Aren't they ALL?

Maybe, though that would probably disappoint a lot of fans who obviously have a soft spot for that.
I was always a pretty casual Nightwish listener and I still like them a lot but at some point I just stopped reading the lyrics and the interviews (unless they're with Marco ofc, that man is epic). It was just too much...
Justicelust - 18.09.2011 at 23:37
Sounds promising
Slayer666 - 20.09.2011 at 17:30
"Turn Loose the Mermaids" made me lol and think of 101 different things it could mean.
Azarath - 20.09.2011 at 21:05
Written by Milena on 18.09.2011 at 23:18

Written by Azarath on 18.09.2011 at 22:00

Written by Milena on 17.09.2011 at 18:11

Written by Azarath on 13.09.2011 at 22:49

I lol'd at 'Song Of Myself'. Aren't they ALL?

I know what you mean. I wouldn't say that I ever considered their lyrics to be great but on the earlier albums, despite the occasional goofy moment, you could always find a cool line or verse here and there. Even at their worst the lyrics didn't stop me from enjoying the music.

Then cut to "The Poet And The Pendulum" and "Today, in the year of our Lord 2005, Tuomas was called from the cares of the world. He stopped crying at the end of each beautiful day..."

It takes a lot to make me cringe, but...
The Shape 1973 - 20.09.2011 at 21:09
I quite liked that line.
Milena - 21.09.2011 at 00:08
Written by Azarath on 20.09.2011 at 21:05

It takes a lot to make me cringe, but...

That's the height of his self indulging lyrics, I think. Awesome song though!
Btw, the main character of the movie's called TOM. Anyone noticed that?

News Blackguard - New Album Title, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 11.5 08.01.2011 by
News Hypocrisy - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 11.5 14.07.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Severe Torture - New Album Title, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 11.5 09.04.2010 by BenWasHere
News Whyzdom - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed, Song Online 11.5 09.07.2009 by Fat & Sassy!
News Tiamat - New Album Cover Art, Tracklist And Release Date Unveiled 11.5 10.09.2012 by Opethian