German power metallers Blind Guardian have announced a new compilation album entitled Memories Of A Time To Come due out January 27th, 2012, via Nuclear Blast Records. The compilation album will feature re-recorded and remixed songs from the band's entire discography.

Blind Guardian is also working on a new concept orchestral album with fantasy author Markus Heitz also due out in 2012.

Source: blind-guardian.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian

Posted: 30.10.2011 by pisymbol

Comments

Kingface - 30.10.2011 at 12:43
Sounds awesome! Looking forward to seeing what songs they have on this and how they sound with this treatment.
Cynic Metalhead - 30.10.2011 at 13:49
Well, I've came across alot of Compilation Albums from various band but it actually turns out to be either Disaster or something not very unique. Now on this page I am seeing BD coming up with their stuff, it gonna be quite eager excited compact release in 2012. DEFINITELY LOOKING FORWARD TO.
Raziel X - 30.10.2011 at 13:55
Album with markus heitz, woo, dwarves!
Troy Killjoy - 30.10.2011 at 18:32
That concept album is going to fail miserably.

Not that I like the band or anything, but something tells me the end result will have Lulu-esque implications. (Only not that bad of course...nothing can be that bad.)
farfaramir - 30.10.2011 at 19:26
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.10.2011 at 18:32

That concept album is going to fail miserably.

Im going with "Maybe is going to fail miserably", maybe it turns out like "Nightfall..."
mikeprado30 - 30.10.2011 at 21:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.10.2011 at 18:32

That concept album is going to fail miserably.

I don't think about it, they have told so many times that this project has been in the works around the last 13 years, so then somehow it will be something worth to listen, and they have told also that Wheel of Time was first intended to be in the project, therefore if the project sounds as Wheel of Time, GET REAL SOON WITH THIS PROJECT, HANSIIIIII!!! (fanboy mode on! and awaiting blaming reply from RavenKing at this news soon! )
SkaldfraNorden - 31.10.2011 at 01:54
I know from the chat with Hansi earlier this year that they re-recorded AttwS, so I am really eager to hear it with real orchestra!

And also, Kai might feature on the album... I repeat, might.
RavenKing - 31.10.2011 at 02:09
Written by farfaramir on 30.10.2011 at 19:26

I don't see a difference between failing miserably and turning out like "Nightfall..." (the most overrated Powermetal album in history).
farfaramir - 31.10.2011 at 02:17
Written by RavenKing on 31.10.2011 at 02:09

Written by farfaramir on 30.10.2011 at 19:26

Well, I won't argue with that (I know the reason why you don't like it, so It would be a waste of time to try to convince you in other way), but there is a huge difference: economical success. At least Nightfall, overrated or not, was a success in saling terms. It's the album fail miserably, well, it minds that also no one is going to buy it...
RavenKing - 31.10.2011 at 02:19
Written by farfaramir on 31.10.2011 at 02:17

Written by RavenKing on 31.10.2011 at 02:09

Written by farfaramir on 30.10.2011 at 19:26

And I won't deny the huge commercial success of the album. In this sense, it was far from a failure, indeed.
JakeTheSage - 31.10.2011 at 05:38
Wait, I thought the orchestral album was set for 2013?

Yaaaaay less time that I have to wait
bluegreengod - 31.10.2011 at 08:06
Yeah, of course with the mention of BG some people will start getting fired up about the potential for midgets.
nb - 31.10.2011 at 14:53
I have never liked compilation albums, I prefer to stick to the originals.
WorpeX - 01.11.2011 at 03:56
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! GUARDIAN! GUARDIAN! GUARDIAN!
The Shape 1973 - 09.11.2011 at 21:01
As I'm just getting in to them this could be good. Just hope they don't balls it up like Helloween did.

Gamma Ray did a good job with Blast From The Past when they re-recorded their stuff with Kai on vocals.
RavenKing - 12.11.2011 at 20:22
Written by The Shape 1973 on 09.11.2011 at 21:01

Agreed. It's very rare that I find re-recorded versions worthwhile but in this case yes.
But I think I might be biased by the fact that I like Kai's vocals and never liked Ralf Scheepers.

News Blind Guardian - New Compilation Album Details Revealed 10.5 11.11.2011 by Giok99
News Blind Guardian - Update On New Orchestral Album 9 25.07.2011 by Spanishkiller
News Blind Guardian - Issue New Album Update 9 18.10.2013 by Dentura
News Blind Guardian - Audio Samples Of Entire New Album 9 25.06.2010 by Ellrohir
News Blind Guardian - Samples From The New Album 9 01.08.2006 by CyGuy6587