Bydgoszcz, one of the biggest cities in Poland will soon become the city of Satan himself. On March 10th, 2012, this city will celebrate its 666th birthday. Satan feels very satisfied by this so he decided to organize a spectacular show.

On that day, a concert will take place in the Astoria sports hall with three of the biggest Polish death metal titans. On stage, Behemoth, Vader, Decapitated and a young band called The Sixpounder will perform.

Source: behemoth.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Event: 666 Years of Bydgoszcz

Posted: 15.12.2011 by Arcik

Comments

Baz Anderson - 15.12.2011 at 11:26
Hahaha, I wonder when Satan decided to become an organiser.
BloodTears - 15.12.2011 at 11:28
Just when the number 666 is involved.
Milena - 15.12.2011 at 12:05
This is the funniest piece of news I've ever read. Black metallers might wanna look all grim, but they can be seriously adorable at times, I swear.
Absak - 15.12.2011 at 12:58
Written by Milena on 15.12.2011 at 12:05

Except none of these bands are black metal, and that support act is mallcore.
Qube - 15.12.2011 at 13:00
Written by Milena on 15.12.2011 at 12:05

Is kvlt becoming kvte?
Milena - 15.12.2011 at 13:03
Written by Absak on 15.12.2011 at 12:58

Except none of these bands are black metal, and that support act is mallcore.

Hmmm. Looked up Behemoth here and they had a genre change, so my knowledge needs updating. In my defence, that pic of theirs looks awfully black metallish
vezzy - 15.12.2011 at 13:15
Written by Milena on 15.12.2011 at 13:03

In your offense, you called Vader black metal.

what the fuck

edit: black motherfucker my mind is warped
Milena - 15.12.2011 at 13:21
Written by vezzy on 15.12.2011 at 13:15

In your offense, you called Vader black metal.

what the fuck

edit: black motherfucker my mind is warped

I know what Vader are, thank you, I didn't think of the event but rather the piece of news, and I thought that, since Behemoth is the headlining band, they probably have something to do with it.
Syk - 15.12.2011 at 13:23
Haha, my bday. Fantastic

Does the young band sound anything like CoB, past or present?

Lol Qube! I think that had happened by the days Deathday 666 was making waves
Xim - 15.12.2011 at 13:34
Written by Absak on 15.12.2011 at 12:58

Except none of these bands are black metal, and that support act is mallcore.

Uhg I hate that. I saw Behemoth and two of the opening bands were shitty deathcore/screamo. Why?!?!
Unhealer - 15.12.2011 at 14:24
I smell another lawsuit
Boxcar Willy - 15.12.2011 at 14:56
Written by Unhealer on 15.12.2011 at 14:24

I smell another lawsuit

X5452 - 15.12.2011 at 15:28
Awesome! Maybe I will go to Poland xD
-Threnody- - 15.12.2011 at 15:45
I have always dreamt of this show. Too bad that Poland is bit too far away from Finland.
Troy Killjoy - 15.12.2011 at 18:40
Let the Bible-tearing begin.
Troy Killjoy - 15.12.2011 at 19:38
Written by Xim on 15.12.2011 at 13:34

Deathcore is huge right now. If you wanna bring out the teens, get a deathcore band on your bill. Behemoth will draw enough of a crowd as it is, but labels love pimping their deathcore bands. It's easy money if you snag teens or young adults.
JD - 15.12.2011 at 20:48
Who the fuck is The Sixpounder?
Super_Greg - 15.12.2011 at 20:52
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.12.2011 at 19:38

Written by Xim on 15.12.2011 at 13:34

Seriously, when a deathcore band plays, all the kiddies shit their pants. They eat that shit up.
Troy Killjoy - 15.12.2011 at 20:58
Written by Super_Greg on 15.12.2011 at 20:52

Normally I try to stand up for fans (and bands) in situations like this, but your point is entirely valid - even if only an opinion. I don't go to shows but I've had friends who do and when someone like Blood Red Throne comes to town, they get excited over the new supporting deathcore band. I'm like... guys, it's fucking BLOOD RED THRONE.

It's worse when those new deathcore bands headline for someone like Cannibal Corpse. >>
Clint Diamond - 15.12.2011 at 22:06
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.12.2011 at 20:58

Written by Super_Greg on 15.12.2011 at 20:52

It makes me wonder if this kind of thing applied to other genres in the past? I know there was some "beef" with Black Metal and Death Metal back in the '90s (in Scandinavia I've read), and Death Metal was the trend and now people consider it a "pure" form of extreme music. I wonder if Thrash thought that of Black? And NWOBHM of Thrash? And Traditional Heavy Metal thought that of NWOBHM? and Hard Rock thought that of Traditional Heavy Metal? And so on...

Regardless, who cares about genres? There's good Deathcore and there's bad Deathcore, like all genres. And Behemoth not Black Metal? Ha!
Troy Killjoy - 15.12.2011 at 22:12
Written by Clint Diamond on 15.12.2011 at 22:06

You do bring up a good point. Chances are in 10 or so years deathcore will be adopted as one of the main extreme metal genres such as black and death metal.

I don't really care for genres outside of their best purpose: lumping similar bands together.
Clint Diamond - 15.12.2011 at 22:15
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.12.2011 at 22:12

Written by Clint Diamond on 15.12.2011 at 22:06

Agreed.

I wish I could see Behemoth, Vader, and Decapitated on stage together! Got to love Polish Death Metal.
Lit. - 16.12.2011 at 00:22
If Hitler were still alive, he'd be jumping all over this.
Troy Killjoy - 16.12.2011 at 00:24
Written by Lit. on 16.12.2011 at 00:22
If Hitler were still alive, he'd be jumping all over this.

If Hitler were alive we'd only have German NSBM bands.
Boxcar Willy - 16.12.2011 at 04:32
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.12.2011 at 20:58

Written by Super_Greg on 15.12.2011 at 20:52

or something kvlt, perhaps?
Xim - 16.12.2011 at 13:26
Written by Clint Diamond on 15.12.2011 at 22:06

I dunno man. Good deathcore? Seriously?

But in all seriousness, you do have a point. Although I really can't stand deathcore, emo, screamo, etc. and can't really enjoy it. But it is undeniable that there is a big fanbase for stuff like that and there are bands that are serious about their music and are just as intelligent as most other people. Everyone just has different tastes, it's just a lot of popular genres tend to either be loved or hated, with only a few people inbetween.
Bad English - 18.12.2011 at 03:21
It wont be a suprise if gig be pst or canceled , due of Polish gourement
Martinikuss - 18.12.2011 at 13:35
Written by JD on 15.12.2011 at 20:48

Who the fuck is The Sixpounder?

Pazdzioch - 22.12.2011 at 23:32
666 birthdays of my city...

Tickets already purchased, gig "heavy as fuck". I can't wait to finally see Decapitated live.

As if The Sixpounder lead singer didn't participate in "The Voice Of Poland" show (Nergal was a juror) they could dream of that event among such a stars... By the way Nergal doesn't forget about The Sixpounder. Initially "Phoenix Rising Tour 2011" with Blindead and now this. S.T.R.A.N.G.E.
psychoticone - 26.12.2011 at 15:24
3 extreme stars + nonextremefitty nergalhugfriends band (after Slayer concert with SOAD support I attended back in 90's nothing can amuse me). Whole thing is not my pair of shoes but should be quite fun. Enjoy.

News Soilwork - Announce Special Show, To Film DVD 5.5 17.12.2013 by Obscure
News Green Carnation - To Reunite, Announce Special Show 5.5 22.02.2014 by Spacerunner
News Bolt Thrower - Announce Boltfest Special Guests 4 04.03.2012 by LordFezzington
News Tarot - To Record And Film Special Live Show 4 12.07.2007 by
News Dissona - Announce Show With Leprous, New Material Update 4 23.07.2014 by LeKiwi