Italian gothic metal outfit Lacuna Coil have posted a new music video online for the song "Trip The Darkness" which can be watched below.

The song is the first single from the group's forthcoming new studio album, "Dark Adrenaline," which will be released through Century Media Records on January 24th.

Source: metalunderground.com
Band profile: Lacuna Coil

Posted: 14.12.2011 by Rog-Mothoth

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 14.12.2011 at 08:41
Hot Topic?

This song is terrible.
Absak - 14.12.2011 at 09:13
That thumbnail scared the shit outta me! Cristina is a Lady GaGa fan???
BudDa - 14.12.2011 at 09:38
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.12.2011 at 08:41

Hot Topic?

I know..right?

The song is ok. This sounded alot heavier in the trailer. The opening/closing effects/synth is really annoying and is also something I have heard in many symphonic releases of late.
Troy Killjoy - 14.12.2011 at 09:59
Written by BudDa on 14.12.2011 at 09:38

For the first few seconds I thought I was listening to something from The Scorpion King OST. Then the vocals kicked in and it went downhill from there. With the exception of the synth-infused intro/outro, this is basically 3 minutes of goth-rock chorus singing.
Nattens - 14.12.2011 at 10:17
I'm not really surprised at how terrible this is. It seems after "Karmacode" they were gearing toward a corporate/commercial rock sound, and naturally I ceased interest as did many others. I just don't hear any heart in their music anymore and when they play next month when the Gigantour comes through here in NYC, I and those with me will be showing our support for Megadeth and Motorhead.
dismaleuphony - 14.12.2011 at 10:19
Not a particularly interesting video, but then again, the song is only average with a good studio sound, so I guess it balances out well. Catchy but not too memorable, ah well, back to Comalies for another few years.
X5452 - 14.12.2011 at 13:12
At least better to listen to than the previous album, but it's still not very good in my opinion. Too mediocre.
Dark†SymphonY - 14.12.2011 at 14:34
Yes, this is song is below average. Heavier, but still boring and uninteresting and more music aimed for teenagers. Also why the hell is that abomination named Lady Gaga I see in the video?
Elodie Artour - 14.12.2011 at 18:36
Written by dismaleuphony on 14.12.2011 at 10:19

I actually find this song extremely catchy. That, of course, does not change the fact it's mediocre and maybe even below the average. As for the video, I am a GaGa fan myself but this particular look of Cristina just doesn't work for me. Also, the idea of Light vs Darkness could've been interpreted in a way more interesting manner. Sigh, I indeed miss their old era...
Dark Blood - 14.12.2011 at 19:59
For a Lacuna Coil standard, it's not a bad song. They've done far worse specially in the last few albums.
Angelic Storm - 14.12.2011 at 22:16
Well... the song isn't really awful, but there's nothing great or remarkable about it either. Best thing about this, was the cats in the video!
WorpeX - 15.12.2011 at 01:26
That was pretty bad. Song wasn't very exciting but I actually hated the guy singing in this song far more then Cristina. His constant yelling was starting to get under my skin, not to mention that his voice is unremarkable and bland.
Giza - 15.12.2011 at 02:32
Written by Angelic Storm on 14.12.2011 at 22:16

I agree, any video is better with cats. They could've made the whole video of cats instead.
Angelic Storm - 15.12.2011 at 04:04
Written by Giza on 15.12.2011 at 02:32

Yep well, cats can lighten up anything. hehe And yes, they should've made the whole video just of cats, seeing as the only good parts in this video was the parts with cats in them.
Drixxel - 15.12.2011 at 04:39
One can't deny that the song is successfully catchy and slickly produced, but man, these are some of the most asinine lyrics I've heard in ages. Then again, I suppose no contrived grab for mass appeal is complete without thoughtless nonsense pouring out of the vocalist(s).
Cynic Metalhead - 17.12.2011 at 13:23
Meh, drumming is really weak tbh!! A pack of Gothic Rock stuff flowing and intriguing "Follow Me Follow Me" and nothing else. Scabbia is doing her best to capture all the spotlight but fails....[with the song].
Bad English - 18.12.2011 at 17:13
1th what I saw in the video Cristine's legs are lil fatter how thay was in older videos and drummer looks like Juventus ultra in Ricky Tognazzi film ''Ultra'' made in 1991

weatch ending part in Torino railway station there is LC drummer young
SymphAlchemist - 15.01.2012 at 14:49
Nice song, but nothing special. I liked the contrast they made with light and dark but white Cristina is scaring indeed.

Now having heard the whole album I think it's the worst/least nice song from it...or maybe it's because I got bored with the thousands of listenings I gave before Kill the Lights came out..

News Lacuna Coil - New Video Teasers Online 11 11.01.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Lacuna Coil - New Video And Acoustic Set Online 10.5 12.04.2007 by Katatronik
News Lacuna Coil - New Video Online 10.5 13.12.2012 by Italics