Italian gothic metallers Lacuna Coil have posted online a new album teaser entitled "Chapter I: The Injected", from the upcoming album Dark Adrenaline, due to be released via Century Media Records on January 24th, 2012. The video will be the first of six conceptual teaser clips to be released by the band before the album release.

Dark Adrenaline tracklist:

12. My Spirit

Source: lacunacoil.it
Band profile: Lacuna Coil

Posted: 27.12.2011 by kual21

Comments

AnGina-- - 27.12.2011 at 13:57
I think the ''gothic metallers'' from the first sentence of the news could be removed, since LC driftet away from goth metal some time ago now. Anayway, the more news I get about this album, the less intrigued I am....
Kamil - 27.12.2011 at 13:59
I think, that this is going to be really good album. Propably the best since "Comalies".
mariano - 27.12.2011 at 19:35
Written by AnGina-- on 27.12.2011 at 13:57

Yeah.. other similar bands, like Xandria and Elysion, have also been tagged as Gothic -maybe it's a different trend or school. The only common ingredients I find are that they're all female-fronted and the use of synthesizers and other electronic music elements -the other trend of Gothic bands usually also features grunts and Gregorian/Abbey choirs. Who knows...
Troy Killjoy - 31.12.2011 at 02:16
Written by AnGina-- on 27.12.2011 at 13:57

Agreed. "Image-wise" they fit in with the Hot Topic gawth crowd but they're definitely not a gothic metal band these days.

That's like calling Lady Gaga gothic because she wears black eyeliner sometimes.

News Lacuna Coil - Second Album Teaser Posted Online 12 06.01.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Lacuna Coil - Entire New Album Streaming Online 10.5 28.01.2012 by Lit.
News Lacuna Coil - New Song Streaming Online 9 07.02.2014 by RaVeN
News Lacuna Coil - Share New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 9 24.01.2014 by Cynic Metalhead
News Lacuna Coil - New Video And Acoustic Set Online 9 12.04.2007 by Katatronik