US prog veterans Fates Warning have announced their touring plans for 2012. They will be touring through March in Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Russia. They also announced a special show in South America, Brazil, on April 14th, where they will play as a special guest on a Queensrÿche show.
The line up for this tour is: Jim Matheos, Ray Alder, Joey Vera, Frank Aresti and Bobby Jarzombek.

Fates Warning: European Tour 2012:

Source: fateswarning.com
Band profile: Fates Warning
Event: Fates Warning: European Tour 2012

Posted: 11.01.2012 by Antidote

Comments

Milena - 11.01.2012 at 13:21
I wish they could stop by to Serbia so I could see my first prog band.
BloodTears - 11.01.2012 at 13:32
Written by Milena on 11.01.2012 at 13:21

I wish they could stop by to Serbia so I could see my first prog band.

You never saw a prog band live? This makes me want to rethink my usual comment "nobody comes to Portugal" when actually many bands do.
Milena - 11.01.2012 at 13:45
Written by BloodTears on 11.01.2012 at 13:32

I had a chance to go to Belgrade to see Pain of Salvation in October, and I barely managed to find a girl to go with, but at the day of the show I got sicker than pretty much ever before. My friends took me to some fancy icecream selling place to heal my sorrows but I barely managed to stand that one hour out of bed.

Anyway, you can check here to see how often bands actually visit Serbia Around the time when I got interested in prog Evergrey was cancelled and some months before that we had Cynic. About the years before, I think we actually had Evergrey a couple of times, and Pain Of Salvation was a part of some poorly organized festival called Legacy Fest. They didn't get paid, but they performed anyway, and they came back this year. So nice of them.
BloodTears - 11.01.2012 at 13:55
Written by Milena on 11.01.2012 at 13:45

Written by BloodTears on 11.01.2012 at 13:32

Evergrey got cancelled here too but they never came back And that is cool that PoS came back. I was really disappointed to find out that their new European tour will not go through Portugal (as announced so far). A lot of it depends on the promoters, which scares me.
Milena - 11.01.2012 at 14:04
Written by BloodTears on 11.01.2012 at 13:55

They were there with Opeth, right? Yeah, it scares me too, especially since I know a lot of ours and they hardly ever bring anything that's not the biggest power metal/some death metal and stuff, because that's the only guarantee that a thousand people show up. Some 500 were at the PoS gig. We get around 7 or 8 concerts per year, and I only visited one concert per year since 2008 since a lot of those stuff don't interest me. This year I aimed to go to three concerts but I got sick on PoS and had an exam on the day Iced Earth visited Belgrade.
Dark Blood - 11.01.2012 at 19:30
Now this would be a nice band to see live here. Although highly unlikely.
tea[m]ster - 12.01.2012 at 01:40
FW have said before they have much more of a following overseas. Fricking sux because they will do a limited amount of touring (if any) here in the USA and chances of them coming to my home town are nil
Boxcar Willy - 12.01.2012 at 05:27
I bought A CD of theirs for like a buck, I actually didn't mind it. If they came to Canada I'd probably go see them.
Abattoir - 12.01.2012 at 17:20
Why on earth it has to be in the smallest venue in the city It's not good place at all...
Angelic Storm - 12.01.2012 at 20:00
No UK show? How predictable...
Antidote - 12.01.2012 at 21:54
Written by Abattoir on 12.01.2012 at 17:20

I would be happy as hell that they're playing there at all
Milena - 12.01.2012 at 22:33
Written by TemplarLS on 12.01.2012 at 18:57

Bilo bi dobro kada bi dosli u Srbiju! To mi je jedan od omiljenih bendova! D

You should change that to English, one of the rules of Metal Storm is that you should always type in English no matter whom you're responding to
Boxcar Willy - 13.01.2012 at 00:29
Written by Milena on 12.01.2012 at 22:33

Written by TemplarLS on 12.01.2012 at 18:57

Bilo bi dobro kada bi dosli u Srbiju! To mi je jedan od omiljenih bendova! D

That is english, he's just drunk.
BitterCOld - 13.01.2012 at 01:28
Non-English deleted, as always. not to be harsh, that's just the SOP.

News Fates Warning - European Tour Dates Confirmed 9 26.08.2014 by BloodTears
News Fates Warning - Announce US Tour Dates, Enter Studio In April 9 23.03.2013 by AndMetalForAll
News Kylesa - Announce European Summer Tour 5.5 08.04.2014 by BloodTears
News Trouble - Announce European Tour 5.5 16.08.2014 by Abattoir
News Korpiklaani - Reveal New Album Release Date, Announce European Tour 5.5 23.02.2012 by Uldreth