On January 24th, Columbia/Epic/Legacy will release a 17-CD box set, The Complete Albums Collection, which contains every studio and live album that featured the classic Judas Priest line-up of Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, K.K. Downing and Ian Hill.

Included will be brand new remasters of Judas Priest first two albums, 1974's Rocka Rolla and 1976's Sad Wings Of Destiny (which have never been released before as authorized remasters by the band), in addition to each individual album being packaged in a replica mini-LP sleeve reproducing that album's original cover art. And although the 2009 live compilation A Touch Of Evil - Live is included, no other compilations will be present. Also featured in the set will be a 40-page booklet with photos, album credits, and liner notes by rock journalist/Judas Priest fan Greg Prato.

Here are the albums included in The Complete Albums Collection:

01. Rocka Rolla (1974)
02. Sad Wings Of Destiny (1976)
03. Sin After Sin (1977)
04. Stained Class (1978)
05. Killing Machine (1978)
06. Unleashed In The East (1979)
07. British Steel (1980)
08. Point Of Entry (1981)
09. Screaming For Vengeance (1982)
10. Defenders Of The Faith (1984)
11. Turbo (1986)
12. Priest... Live! (1987)
13. Ram It Down (1988)
14. Painkiller (1990)
15. Angel Of Retribution (2005)
16. Nostradamus (2008)
17. A Touch Of Evil - Live (2009)

Source: metalshockfinland.wordpress.com
Band profile: Judas Priest

Posted: 21.01.2012 by JD

Comments

Apothecary - 21.01.2012 at 19:39
Can we stop with the Priest compilations, please? For fuck's sake, there have been like four in the past year alone...
romeck - 21.01.2012 at 20:03
"The Complete" but only these with Rob? Classic line-up, yeah right. Only from Sony Music... Jugulator or Demolition become an unwanted history... What a stupid idea!
Milena - 21.01.2012 at 20:11
I think this is a nice idea for someone who hasn't got Priest in his collection and doesn't wanna bother with hunting them individually. As for making albums unwanted history, I guess every band does that with at least a couple of albums. It's their right.
Kingface - 21.01.2012 at 20:20
Would be nice if they release the remastered versions of the first two albums separately.
romeck - 21.01.2012 at 20:26
Written by Milena on 21.01.2012 at 20:11

Yes, but look closer at this title: "The Complete Albums Collection". It's A LIE. Isn't it?

Written by Kingface on 21.01.2012 at 20:20

True. But only with some bonus material. I have two nice digi-packs and I need a real reason to replace it.
Zephod - 21.01.2012 at 22:07
Written by romeck on 21.01.2012 at 20:26

It's A LIE. Isn't it?

Damn right it's a lie!

It's cheaper for me to buy this box set then to buy the remaining 12 albums that I don't have yet. Tough choice because I hate mini-LP-bullshit, but I love money...

EDIT: I also like the 'hunt' .
Dinesen - 21.01.2012 at 22:21
Release it on vinyl like Slayer!!! Every old band should do that!!!!
SBGMetal - 21.01.2012 at 23:11
Written by Dinesen on 21.01.2012 at 22:21

Release it on vinyl like Slayer!!! Every old band should do that!!!!

Black Conundrum - 22.01.2012 at 01:07
If I wanted the albums, I would get them individually (which is the case with Ram it Down). Once this compilation has been out for a while, I would like to see the sale statistics as well. Isn't it a little redundant that this release has a recently released compilation within it? Isn't this compilation a little redundant in itself?
RavenKing - 22.01.2012 at 01:19
"The Complete Albums Collection will be available for purchase exclusively via Popmarket."

This makes me smile. Tells a lot about how mainstream those old metal bands are nowadays.
RavenKing - 22.01.2012 at 01:21
Written by Black Conundrum on 22.01.2012 at 01:07

What do you do when you have been unable to write anything great for over two decades?
Yep, you try to squeeze the most out of your old stuff.
LeChron James - 22.01.2012 at 05:24
Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M., Get the money dolla dolla bill ya'll.
M C Vice - 22.01.2012 at 07:00
Written by Milena on 21.01.2012 at 20:11

Cold Lake was never re-released by Celtic Frost.
Milena - 22.01.2012 at 10:48
Written by Zephod on 21.01.2012 at 22:07

That's what I was sayin'
Zephod - 22.01.2012 at 12:33
Written by Milena on 22.01.2012 at 10:48

That's what I was sayin'

Yes you did, but you said it's great for someone who doesn't have any Priest. I have 5 of their albums but it's also great for me because it's cheaper for me too, just sayin' .
Milena - 22.01.2012 at 14:49
Written by Zephod on 22.01.2012 at 12:33

Okay, I shall expand my metaphor
Xim - 22.01.2012 at 15:07
The classic Judas Priest line-up? So do none of the drummer's matter then?

Well actually now that I think about it, I guess Dave Holland doesn't.
Angelic Storm - 22.01.2012 at 15:10
Written by Xim on 22.01.2012 at 15:07
The classic Judas Priest line-up? So do none of the drummer's matter then?

Well actually now that I think about it, I guess Dave Holland doesn't.

They obviously can't be counting the drummers in that...

Well, Dave Holland was a longstanding drummer for Priest, but he wasn't a great drummer by any means. Simon Phillips and Les Binks were far superior, and Scott Travis makes mincemeat out of him.
RavenKing - 22.01.2012 at 18:15
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.01.2012 at 15:10

Scott Travis is many times better than Dave Holland, indeed. Just listen to Racer-X for a proof.
Csabi - 22.01.2012 at 22:09
This is very cool but it's a shame that they excluded the Ripper era. Was it that a big of a deal to include three more CDs? Shame!
romeck - 22.01.2012 at 22:40
Written by Csabi on 22.01.2012 at 22:09

Because the four Ripper-era albums were released by SPV, not Sony Music.
Angelic Storm - 22.01.2012 at 23:27
Written by RavenKing on 22.01.2012 at 18:15

I am a fan of Racer-X, and Scott certainly displayed his huge talent long before he became a member of Priest. He is far and away better than Dave Holland, who is the worst drummer Priest ever had in my opinion. His drumming is in fact the only weak part in albums like "Screaming For Vengeance" and "Defenders Of The Faith".
RavenKing - 23.01.2012 at 00:22
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.01.2012 at 23:27

Written by RavenKing on 22.01.2012 at 18:15

Dave Holland played the old unimpressive standard Heavy Metal drumming, and in a basic way. Scott is more a Power/Speed Metal drummer.
Ankläger - 23.01.2012 at 01:35
"[R]eplica mini-LP sleeve reproducing that album's original cover art" is French for "a fucking paper bag" ... right?
LWR88 - 13.02.2012 at 06:31
This box set may be good for someone who doesn't have any remastered priest discs. I bought all the last remasters as well as remastered (unauthorized) versions of the first two albums. Since I have bought their entire catalog up to Painkiller twice I won't be buying this box set. I love Priest and always will, but would much rather have some new music from them instead of remastered and repackaged old material. Hell I think most of Priest's fans are like me: in my forties, with children, mortgages, and at least one bloodsucking ex-wife to suck money out of me and can't keep spending money on music that I already have.

Albums Judas Priest - The Complete Albums Collection [Boxset] 10.5 29.02.2012 by Dedcalm
News Judas Priest - To Release UK Singles Collection 9 08.06.2011 by snake? snaaaake!
News Judas Priest - To Release New Live Album 7.5 19.05.2009 by Baz Anderson
News Judas Priest - Headlining The Metal Masters US Tour 7.5 21.04.2008 by Baz Anderson
Albums Judas Priest - Rising In The East [DVD] 6 10.04.2010 by fosi