German thrashers Kreator have revealed that the title of their upcoming album will be Phantom Antichrist, which will hit stores on June 1st (Europe) and June 5th (North America). The album is currently being produced at Fascination Street Studios by Jens Bogren (Opeth, Katatonia, Soilwork, Devin Townsend, Amon Amarth) in Örebro, Sweden.

The band will also release an exclusive 7" single of the title song on April 20th. The collector's item will be available in coloured red vinyl (limited to 250 pieces) as well as in clear vinyl (limited to 250 pieces, exclusively available at the Nuclear Blast Mail order).

Kreator will perform a new song exclusively during their shows at this year's Metalfest Open Air events!

Single artwork

[Also thanks to Dizzeke for sending in this news!]

Source: kreator-terrorzone.de
Band profile: Kreator

Posted: 02.02.2012 by DaMaGeR

Comments

Deadmeat - 02.02.2012 at 19:38
Just great news! old school feeling on this one!
Darkside Momo - 02.02.2012 at 19:38
Ugly cover. Looks a like zoom of the full drawing.
Anyway, I'm waiting for this.
BloodTears - 02.02.2012 at 19:40
That cover is filthy, not in a good way though...
Rulatore - 02.02.2012 at 19:56
Not sure if liked the cover, on a t-shirt it'll probably look like shit High hopes on this one. At least something better than Hordes of Chaos ( c'mon, it's not that hard )
Apothecary - 02.02.2012 at 20:00
Hopefully it'll live up to Enemy Of God... wasn't too fond of Hordes Of Chaos.
Deadmeat - 02.02.2012 at 20:18
Its not a FL cover. its the demo cover...
Angelic Storm - 02.02.2012 at 21:01
I have a feeling the artwork shown here is part of the overall cover, and not the cover itself. And as Deadmeat just said, the cover may not even be finished yet. In any case, I'm glad it's not just a variation on the pointy eared mascot's head, as has been the case for most of their albums since "Coma Of Souls".

I have my fingers crossed this will be better than "Hordes Of Chaos", which was a little disappointing. I really like the album title though!
Malphas - 02.02.2012 at 21:09
I couldn't agree more with Angelic Storm, the good news is that this kinda reminds of their first covers (looks old school) so there's still hope xD
Koen Smits - 02.02.2012 at 21:12
Old school feeling indeed! and the longer I look at the 7'' cover the better it gets. Filthy and ugly, yeah.
Angelic Storm - 02.02.2012 at 21:18
Written by Malphas on 02.02.2012 at 21:09

I'm definitely getting good vibes from that cover, although it is only the single artwork. (Although there is a good chance it is a part of the full album artwork)
AndMetalForAll - 02.02.2012 at 21:27
Great news!!
Mr. Sizzle - 02.02.2012 at 21:28
Interesting name, horrid album cover. Don't like it, but if it's for a single or a demo as other said, then I can shrug it off.
Angelic Storm - 02.02.2012 at 22:08
Written by Mr. Sizzle on 02.02.2012 at 21:28

Apparently it is the cover for the single (which is the title track of the album) and not the album. Though as I said, there is a chance that the single artwork is part of a bigger painting that will make up the album artwork.
strade - 02.02.2012 at 22:12
Will be buying both for sure, being a vinyl hound.
Slayerus23 - 02.02.2012 at 22:46
I'm done with thrash metal for ages, but I'll give this one a try since I enjoyed their last two.
DerRozzengarten - 02.02.2012 at 23:41
Old school vibes! But the cover ain't good, i can't say i like it, it's like Sauron sticked IT up this poor goblin's ass Anyway, i really want to listen to it.
Mattybu - 02.02.2012 at 23:57
PHANTOM ANTICHRIST!!!

I have faith in Kreator this'll be at least ok material.
RavenKing - 03.02.2012 at 01:08
Looks old school. I will join my voice with those who said let's hope it will be better than "Hordes Of Chaos".
Alex Fenger - 03.02.2012 at 03:37
I know everyone keeps saying it... but looks old school, got a good feeling about this one
LeChron James - 03.02.2012 at 07:07
Mmmmm, I don't know about the album title. But hey, BRING IT!
Cynic Metalhead - 03.02.2012 at 10:43
Kreator, Havok and Overkill will be going head to head for this year!! My three great interesting Thrash Metal bands has their own stuff to showcase it. Great news. Artwork for me is really good, its pristine, eye catchy and depicts exactly what they wanted it to do. Somewhere I said, hope they crosses Coma Of A Soul that's bullshit( may be too excessive of coke!) but if they comes half of it, that will do the awesome justice.
Mattybu - 05.02.2012 at 01:02
Written by 12 Years Old Kid on 04.02.2012 at 21:11

Written by Mattybu on 02.02.2012 at 23:57

PHANTOM ANTICHRIST!!!

I have faith in Kreator this'll be at least ok material.

Where did your Faith come from ? They have been being sucks for almost 1 fucking decade !

I never said I have faith it'll be the best thrash album of the past century. Based on Enemy of God and Hordes of Chaos it'll probably be ok-good.
Angelic Storm - 05.02.2012 at 05:11
Written by 12 Years Old Kid on 05.02.2012 at 04:55
Ignore angelic storm comment, she is always not accurate, saying things without reasons to support.

You know about my comments when you only joined yesterday? Go away troll.
Angelic Storm - 05.02.2012 at 05:27
Written by 12 Years Old Kid on 05.02.2012 at 05:20

I have read, I catched up fast.

Why evertime people don't accept critisim they just simply like to dub me as Troll ? Behavior of an Ostrich.

Your username 12 Years Old Kid, your email address is trolling.satanic, and you tell people to ignore my comments when you've only been here 5 minutes? Really, if you're going to make a troll account, at least make it less obvious. lol
R'Vannith - 05.02.2012 at 05:44
Written by 12 Years Old Kid on 05.02.2012 at 05:20

I have read, I catched up fast.

Guess it's just me but I don't mind the artwork..
Mattybu - 05.02.2012 at 06:06
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.02.2012 at 05:27

Hey, shut up. Don't judge this guy just because he hasn't been around for longer than a few hours. You fucking ostrich.

@"12 Years Old Kid":
Angelic Storm - 05.02.2012 at 06:40
Written by 12 Years Old Kid on 05.02.2012 at 06:22
You see. People can differentiate who is really a troll as they have brains. Not the one who addresses other as troll first who wins !
I simply don't believe there are so many trolls around. The word Troll actually is designed by the web host as an excuse or hindrance to stop freedom of speech (eliminate those who talk about the truth and which is not favorable to the host)

Yet you don't have the brains to realise the post you quoted was being sarcastic? "Who wins?" Wow, you almost certainly are not a "12 years old kid", though you're definitely acting like a child in infant school.

You are obviously not someone new here, I think it's clear to everyone that "12 Years Old Kid" is a troll account.
R'Vannith - 05.02.2012 at 06:44
Written by 12 Years Old Kid on 05.02.2012 at 06:22

I agree, let's cast of the shackles of this repressive regime! We are truly blind if we can't see past the facade that is trolling, it is clouding our thoughts and pulling the wool over our eyes. Free your mind people!
BitterCOld - 05.02.2012 at 10:06
Written by 12 Years Old Kid on 05.02.2012 at 07:29

For some host who always criticize someone they don't like as a "Troll" and axed him ! Banned him ! Actually these hosts are trying to insult other members' intelligence. "in the name of the members" becomes one of their greatest excuse to eliminate "the difference".

nice attempt at twisting motives.

we have a nice, swell community. people are most certainly allowed differing opinions... provided they treat others who think differently with respect. when people go out of their way to act the prick and bait others, well, people like me "eliminate" not the difference, just the douchebag.

behave and discuss differences in a civilized manner, we'd be glad to have dissenters.

act like an asshat and go out of your way to insult others... well, adios.
TerrorZone - 05.02.2012 at 11:06
Great hopes for this new album. Kreator always deliver solid material even in the 1990s where they were at a low point. I hope Kreator can better all their 90s and 2000s material with "Phantom Antichrist."
Lit. - 07.02.2012 at 00:05
I hate to say it, I mean REALLY hate to say it, but I agree with the troll. Kreator haven't released anything interesting since the 80's and this likely won't be any different. It all sounds the same, and that sound is boring.
Plus the art looks like a vein attempt to imitate the death metal genre they influenced.
TerrorZone - 08.02.2012 at 08:01
Written by Lit. on 07.02.2012 at 00:05

Kreator haven't released anything interesting since the 80's

So you find Coma of Souls boring?

News Kreator - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 13.5 14.09.2008 by corrupt
News Sólstafir - Unveil New Album Title And Release Date 11.5 29.05.2014 by Scathach666
News Belphegor - Unveil New Album Title And Release Date 11.5 17.03.2014 by psykometal
News Watain - Set New Album Title And Release Date 10 30.04.2013 by MetalDoomMaster
News As I Lay Dying - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 10 23.06.2012 by Darth Mitchell