American glam rockers Mötley Crüe have entered drummer Tommy Lee's Atrium Studio in California to begin recording a brand new song, their first new material since their 2008 studio album Saints Of Los Angeles.

Bassist Nikki Sixx posted the following message on the band's Facebook page: "Been in the recording studio cutting new Mötley Crüe with the guys. We are recording at Tommy's studio (which is insane) and James Michael is producing. We laid down the bass and drums yesterday and Mick Mars comes in today to blast the guitars. Then Vince is coming in next week to do his vocals.... Haven't been in the studio in a few years with the guys and it feels like magic... Hard to explain what it sounds like other than just straight out sexy... maybe throw some dirt and sarcasm on top too. Who wants some?"

Earlier Nikki Sixx had explained the plans of the band: "Mötley Crüe and the Crüeheads have pretty much taken over Vegas the last few weeks... It really feels like we're riding the positive chaos right now. We just did a huge new photo shoot, were finishing up a brand new Crüe song for summer (that will lead to a full album after), European headline shows on festivals and in arenas too, but none of this would happen without you guys. Thank you."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mötley Crüe

Posted: 26.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

Marcel Hubregtse - 26.02.2012 at 20:27
Oh God, please no. A band that has never released anything good, their best was mediocre at best, And live totally shit as well.
Doc Godin - 26.02.2012 at 20:31
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.02.2012 at 20:27

Now, I actually enjoy their older stuff. Well, enjoyed anyways, haven't really put them on in a while, them ripping me off twice in a row with two of the worst concerts I've ever seen left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyways, coming from a guy who theoretically could still enjoy their older stuff, these guys need to fucking retire and stick to reality TV or whatever it is the other dried out wash-ups are doing these days.
Valentin B - 26.02.2012 at 20:48
My hopes are not high for this one, imo the last good thing they did was the brilliant video (and merely above average song) "If I Die Tomorrow", which wasn't even written by them. That was back in 2005, and by then the last interesting thing they did was in 1989 (Dr. Feelgood obviously).

The only reason I still follow this band is because they thrashed all my low expectations 2 years ago when I saw them play live. I don't give a shit what people say about their other concerts, aside from the vocals they were absolutely on par with other great live bands like Alice Cooper or Maiden (all 3 played on the same day at Wacken 2010, with AC being slightly above the other two).
Uldreth - 26.02.2012 at 23:59
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.02.2012 at 20:27

For once I wholeheartedly agree with you
Cynic Metalhead - 27.02.2012 at 13:36
Written by Doc Godin on 26.02.2012 at 20:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.02.2012 at 20:27

Or it's better to wait for that album to come? May be it will rock the nuts out? or will ended it up like Morbid...really don't know. I will still give a benefit of doubt over their retirement and sticking to pussy reality TV shows. If they're coming back...they must have got something to show their fans. Let's just wait and see it.
Olli - 27.02.2012 at 19:36
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.02.2012 at 20:27

Oh God, please no.

That's exactly what I thought when I read this
tea[m]ster - 28.02.2012 at 04:22
I have to admit back in the day I liked their older stuff (Shout and Theater). But now? I'll pass.

News High On Fire - Enter The Studio To Record New Album 8.5 22.12.2011 by LeChron James
News Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Enter The Studio, To Record Four New Albums 8.5 11.01.2013 by Mr. Doctor
News Tankard - Enter The Studio To Record New Album 8.5 12.03.2012 by knightlightning
News Job For A Cowboy - Enter The Studio To Record New EP 8.5 15.02.2011 by BoxCar Willy
News Naildown - Enter The Studio To Record New Album 8.5 11.01.2012 by metal2000