Official Season Of Mist press release:

Black metal powerhouse Inquisition just inked a deal with Season of Mist! The Americans' sixth album will be released on the Underground Activists division.

Frontman Dagon issued the following statement: "For many years Inquisition has loyally walked upon the path of Black Metal deeply devoted to its spirituality and magic while growing and maturing our craft, yet always preserving the essence that ignited us since our beginning, always keeping us rooted in the elements that make us what we are now and who we were in the past. Time is relativity and this relativity is affected by choice and selection during our time of existence as Inquisition. Therefore our careful choice of a new label as a means to take us further into our journey, and your journey, extending this path we walk upon into deeper dimensions and allowing us to heighten our potential will be placed in the hands of Season of Mist. At this time we are heavily devoted to the composition and arrangement of our next opus. We know what we want, we know what you expect and we look forward to 2012 being the year of creation and production of this upcoming ritual. With pride we announce this new relationship and with pride we will continue to deliver Inquisition at its finest... Hail the cult."

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Inquisition

Posted: 29.02.2012 by Array

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 29.02.2012 at 13:49
That's very nice tbh. I know many don't like them but I do and I think this will only be wonderful for the band to get even more fans and exposure.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.02.2012 at 14:44
Written by Mr. Doctor on 29.02.2012 at 13:49

That's very nice tbh. I know many don't like them.

You can count me amongst those people =P Just another dodgy band being added to Season of Mist's rather sketchy recent release roster.
Ozman - 29.02.2012 at 14:58
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.02.2012 at 14:44

Written by Mr. Doctor on 29.02.2012 at 13:49

That's very nice tbh. I know many don't like them.

Agreed.
SoM's roster is either hit or miss and this is another miss, just like Ghost Brigade, Nightbringer (decent but nothing more), Asrai, latest Morbid Angel, Cynic after the reunion, 2 out of the 3 Durdkh releases they released, Genitorturers, ETHS, Old Silver Key, and those are just the bands that p[op right into my head at this instant.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.02.2012 at 15:06
Written by Ozman on 29.02.2012 at 14:58

Agreed.

Yep, you've cited all the bands that I would have mentioned. I can't remember the last time I was wowed by something from that label to be honest.
Ozman - 29.02.2012 at 15:07
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.02.2012 at 15:06

Written by Ozman on 29.02.2012 at 14:58

Agreed.

Last time for me was the last Mar De Grises and the last Watain, but that's it I think
Oh yeah and Deathspell Omega
Ag Fox - 29.02.2012 at 17:25
Written by Mr. Doctor on 29.02.2012 at 13:49

I like them :3
Black Conundrum - 01.03.2012 at 03:50
The band is Colombian, not American. That's not quite the same ballpark, to be honest.
Ozman - 01.03.2012 at 12:43
Written by Black Conundrum on 01.03.2012 at 03:51

It is a country and part of the Americas, so I see no problem. It's certainly not worse than some Americans saying The HNetherlands is the capital of Copenhagen
BloodTears - 01.03.2012 at 12:50
Dagon moved to the US, so that might be the reason the label used "Americans".
Ozman - 01.03.2012 at 13:09
Written by BloodTears on 01.03.2012 at 12:50

Dagon moved to the US, so that might be the reason the label used "Americans".

The label used it? That's preposterous, just because one member moved?
BloodTears - 01.03.2012 at 13:12
Written by Ozman on 01.03.2012 at 13:09

Written by BloodTears on 01.03.2012 at 12:50

Dagon moved to the US, so that might be the reason the label used "Americans".

The label used it? That's preposterous, just because one member moved?

Well, it's a press release from the label. If you read the band's biography on Fb, it explains Dagon moved to the US and met and drummer there.
Ozman - 01.03.2012 at 13:14
Written by BloodTears on 01.03.2012 at 13:12

Written by Ozman on 01.03.2012 at 13:09

Written by BloodTears on 01.03.2012 at 12:50

Dagon moved to the US, so that might be the reason the label used "Americans".

The label used it? That's preposterous, just because one member moved?

Saying Inquistion is American is as wrong as saying Melechesh is Dutch, no matter how the label markets it.
BloodTears - 01.03.2012 at 13:29
Written by Ozman on 01.03.2012 at 13:14

I'm not saying they should be called that. I wouldn't want to be called Spanish either I'm just speculating about why they used "Americans", maybe they are referring to the continent as a whole or a band based in America. Either way, they should have phrased that better.
Mr. Doctor - 01.03.2012 at 16:53
Written by Ozman on 01.03.2012 at 13:14

Well, Dagon is from US but at some point before the band got formed he moved to Colombia, formed the band in 1988 and by 1996 he moved back to US and got a new drummer there. They off course started as a band in Colombia but nowdays are based in US. So yeah, it's quite similar to Melechesh case, in Inquisition's case it seems that both are originally from the US though.
enumaelis - 01.03.2012 at 16:58
Well, being american is not just being from USA it's like if we say "the european band Helloween", or I think so :S
Ozman - 01.03.2012 at 17:08
Written by Mr. Doctor on 01.03.2012 at 16:53

Written by Ozman on 01.03.2012 at 13:14

then that totally changes the case and makes it even less like Melechesh So totally NOT similar to Melechesh's case.
Mr. Doctor - 01.03.2012 at 17:14
Written by Ozman on 01.03.2012 at 17:08

Heh, yes inded. That's why I don't think it's so wrong to call them american. They did release their early records and first played live in colombia though but nowdays the only thing that ties them to Colombia is their past so....
Ozman - 01.03.2012 at 17:18
Written by Mr. Doctor on 01.03.2012 at 17:14

Written by Ozman on 01.03.2012 at 17:08

But releasing his first albums in Colombia and probably being influenced by the stuff going on there explains the crappy music INquisition has released on humanity all those years.
Mr. Doctor - 01.03.2012 at 17:23
Written by Ozman on 01.03.2012 at 17:18

Hhahahaha I knew we were going to go on that road.
Then again.... My fault: I fucked up the dates and confused some albums' dates. Dagon left Colombia in 1996, that part was right but during the period of 1988-1996 they only released one demo, two EPs and one split, so no full lengths. But yeah, they were probably influenced on what was happening in that place at the time hahahahahah.

I kind of have to agree though, I do like Inquisition but overall, South America isn't really good with death and black... I like a couple of bands but I still see them as primitive. There's a nice amount of doom and a couple of thrash bands I also dig so I'm happy with that.
ripped_bong - 04.03.2012 at 11:54
Last thing we want to see is an Inquisition album with candles and stuffs, SOM always fuck up every band.
StephenTheBoss - 04.03.2012 at 18:59
Lol

News Benighted - Sign With Season Of Mist 7 07.12.2010 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Cannabis Corpse - Sign With Season Of Mist, New Album This Year 7 18.01.2013 by RottingDeathHead
News Murmur - Sign With Season Of Mist 7 12.03.2013 by