Tony Lazaro, guitarist of US death metallers Vital Remains, was recently interviewed by Metal Hangar 18 after the band's March 2nd performance in Sofia, Bulgaria, and confirmed that the band will record their new album in the summer and plan to release it this year.

Tony Lazaro said: "The songs (for the new album) have been written (for a long time) some of them since 2008. I've written, like, two albums' worth of material; I have almost 20 songs."

"We will record the new album this year. Everything is kind of in place. We can't wait after this tour to get working on it again before we have another tour in the U.S. in May with Destruction. And then after that it's all about recording the new album this summer. So hopefully everything's gonna work out and we'll have the album recorded and it will be out finally this year."

"The new album, the new songs are shorter. I've been writing the music since the beginning, since '89. I write all the music, and this is the first time that I wrote the songs shorter. The songs are averaging only about four minutes; the longest song, I think, is four and a half minutes. First time ever. But I tried to keep my style of writing in there keep the speed, the brutality, the melodic stuff, and also put some old-school stuff in there and some classical stuff in there; some solo stuff, really good solos and melodies. It's everything you'd expect from Vital Remains, but just in a shorter package."

The full interview is available for viewing at this location.

Source: legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Vital Remains

Posted: 12.03.2012 by DEATH666

Comments

vezzy - 12.03.2012 at 12:33
Nice, can't wait to see what they've come up with, with Glen and Dave out.

I'm actually looking forward to the shorter songs. Icons of Evil would have been better if they cut it down, then again it had a lot of other flaws too.
Kuroboshi - 12.03.2012 at 13:13
OMG yes! Been waiting for many years now.
Absak - 12.03.2012 at 13:17
Dave Suzuki was the best thing that happened to this band, I hope they can pull off the epic neoclassical solos without him.
Troy Killjoy - 12.03.2012 at 13:41
Written by Absak on 12.03.2012 at 13:17

Doubt it. This is going to be like Deicide without the Hoffman brothers. Maybe Ralph Santolla will make a guest appearance?
MesiasDesmorphus - 21.04.2012 at 19:19
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.03.2012 at 13:41

Written by Absak on 12.03.2012 at 13:17

lool, I don't mean to sound insulting but are you kidding me? The Stench of Redemption was better than Scars of the Crucifix, In Torment in Hell and Insineratehymn. I realize that those album were rushed, but I don't think that the Hoffman Bros would've done a better job on that album than Ralph and Jack.
Troy Killjoy - 22.04.2012 at 04:58
Written by MesiasDesmorphus on 21.04.2012 at 19:19
The Stench of Redemption was better than Scars of the Crucifix, In Torment in Hell and Insineratehymn. I don't think that the Hoffman Bros would've done a better job on that album than Ralph and Jack.

Maybe you misinterpreted my point? Because I'm in agreement with everything you said. :/

News Paul Wardingham - To Release New Album This Year 8.5 02.02.2012 by BaneConall
News De Profundis - To Release New Album This Year 8.5 18.08.2009 by Bad English
News Ghost Brigade - Recording New Album, Release This Year 8.5 12.02.2014 by Imraghil
News Cautiva - To Release New Album This Year 8.5 21.01.2012 by LeChron James
News While Heaven Wept - Unveil New Album Title, Release This Year 8.5 11.02.2014 by Carl Berg