"Elemental Power", a brand new song from Polish symphonic power metallers Pathfinder is streaming online and you can listen to it below. The song comes off the band's upcoming new album Fifth Element, set for release on May 23rd in Japan and Asia through Avalon/Marquee and May 26th worldwide via Sonic Attack Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: pathfinderband.com
Band profile: Pathfinder

Posted: 03.04.2012 by Flower Metal

Comments

Milena - 03.04.2012 at 11:50
Oh yay, a new Pathfinder album. I remember when the last one came out and my best friend got instantly hooked and played it over and over again much to my annoyance. Not good times.

But hey, Pathfinder fans rejoice and all, don't mind the grumpy lady in the corner
The Shape 1973 - 03.04.2012 at 12:25
Loved the first album, but can't help but feel a bit disappointed with this song. Seems a bit weak, especially the vocals.
knightlightning - 03.04.2012 at 14:53
Written by The Shape 1973 on 03.04.2012 at 12:25

Seems a bit weak, especially the vocals.

I agree with you
Stabby - 03.04.2012 at 19:33
I do love me some Pathfinder. This seems a bit schizophrenic, though. Especially with the vocals, it's all over the place. First normal singing, oh ok now I have to sing one out-of-place note of falsetto for some reason, okay now we need the screamy guy for some reason, now the opera lady, now for a meandering chorus without a memorable melody. On the first album it was done with more finesse. This seems like more of a mish-mash of random parts than an integrated song. Solo was good, though.

Pathfinder! Your first album was more memorable on every song. Hopefully this isn't the new norm.
AngelofDeth - 04.04.2012 at 06:47
WTF is this??? is this a late April Fools Joke?

This is a pile of shit; terrible vocals, unorganized instrumentation and a forgettable chorus.. Really didnt expect this from this band considering their first album was a near-flawless masterpiece.

..well im definitely holding my breath till the album comes out, hopefully they will redeem themselves from this fuckshit.
The Norseman - 05.04.2012 at 13:11
Is there anyway to listen to this without youtube ? I don't have it available where I am at the moment.

Anyway, I loved this first album, this is one of the albums I'm most anxious to hear this year. Hope it is at least as good as the first.
The Norseman - 05.04.2012 at 16:37
Ok, I finally managed to listen to the song.

Hmm... I honestly expected more. Where is the epicness of the first album? This song is just average. It's not up to their first album. I hope this is not the best they will show in this second album.

Maybe within the album it will sound better, we'll see... for now my expectations just went down (maybe that is the goal with the song).
Wes - 15.04.2012 at 07:15
Written by Milena on 03.04.2012 at 11:50

Mora I discovered the band only a few days ago. Someone overplaying anything can be terrible, I'm sorry.

I'm surprised to see so many negative responses to the new song, : ( I think the new song sounds better than several from their debut. I think it's beautiful. The vocals have always been sporadic and weird, that's pathfinder, I'm not sure how anyone could have expected more from such a band. Personally I only listen to the band for the dragonforce-eque guitar work and pretty keys, so to me the new song is pretty amazing. Maybe I just need to be enlightened, but I haven't heard any other band play with this kind of guitar tone and style besides dragonforce and I'm very sick of their song structures and vocal melodies.

While their debut has been called a "masterpiece" by so many, you cannot deny how horrid some of the death vocals are on it and how the vocal melodies are all over the place. The title track is ludicrous in every way. Yet most of us fans accepted that since it's new and has cool guitar unheard these days. It would be a shame for such a band to suffer from overly high expectations when we all called their debut a masterpiece simply because we had nothing to compare it to.

Anyway I'm glad you are at least somewhat excited for this! I surely am :]
Milena - 15.04.2012 at 11:29
Written by Wes on 15.04.2012 at 07:15

Anyway I'm glad you are at least somewhat excited for this! I surely am :]

My "oh yay" was pretty much sarcastic they are good musicians and at least they play actual power metal, but a rather extreme form of it, everything is driven to the brink of over-the-top-ness. Which is what a lot of fans needed, according to the comments on their debut; still, to interest me, they would have to be a little more toned down.

News Sodom - New Song Streaming Online 7 13.10.2010 by vezzy